Page 209 of 233 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3481
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I expect he’ll be on JL
    It's not. He said himself he was only on the book for death metal and the future state issues. https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...15217048489986

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Dick's blue-black costume is about as close to classic as he has, and it's an infinitely better design than most; simple, sleek, eye-catching and immediately recognizable as his. There's a reason the basic design hasn't changed in decades, and we've seen that it translates well to live action, animation and video games, which is more than can be said for many heroes.
    It's a bit.... "Young Batman", though, isn't it? Which was what it was designed to be, when they were de-emphasising his Titans connections and tying him more strongly to the Bat Mythos, retooling him to patrolling a dark and crime-ridden city a bus-ride from Gotham.

It doesn't have any of the flamboyance, colour and extrovertism of Dick's character in the way that his Robin costume and the original disco or mullet era costume did.

There is no need to change his design, just tweak a couple of things. If the new 52 suit was blue and had the arms stripes, it would be perfect. The chicago suit was also a pretty good redesign, but i really dislike him in red.

Funnily enough, i started reading Batman comics cause of his silhouette on this cover.

Last edited by Drako; 12-06-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    It's a bit.... "Young Batman", though, isn't it? Which was what it was designed to be, when they were de-emphasising his Titans connections and tying him more strongly to the Bat Mythos, retooling him to patrolling a dark and crime-ridden city a bus-ride from Gotham.

It doesn't have any of the flamboyance, colour and extrovertism of Dick's character in the way that his Robin costume and the original disco or mullet era costume did.
    I guess one way you could look at it is him growing older and toning some of that down.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post

Arguably yeah, we could say that Dick's blue-black suit is "young Batman" to a point, but that presumption is built on the iconic Bat suit of light gray/blue.....and that's a flimsy bridge. I don't think Bruce has ever used the bright blue/straight black colors that Nightwing does; it's gray/blue, black, or black/gray. Plenty of yellow on the logo and belt, but absolute black and bright primary blue? Has Bruce *ever* used those two? And he doesn't have a monopoly on "black costumes" any more than Clark has one on "blue costumes."

At most I think it's nothing more than a minor homage, and that's perfectly valid and fitting. It's also the suit Dick wore when he got his own book; not appearing in "Detective" or "Titans" but "Nightwing." I'd say the suit represents Dick's move to solo title status far more than it represents colors that, in a previous Age, Bruce sorta-kinda wore but not really.

And the suit isn't flamboyant, no, but it shouldn't be. Yes, Dick is fun loving and can be flamboyant at times, but that's not *all* he is. It's only been since DC decided to segment the Robins' personalities into easily digestible Ninja Turtle flavors that Dick has been categorized as the "happy" one. Let's not forget that he could brood and angst with the best of them long before he became Nightwing or returned to the Bat office post-NTT. So his suit having a dark black as well as an eye-catching, bright and rich blue *does* reflect his personality. Hell, just having that target-drawing blue right over the vital organs when you're supposed to be a stealth-oriented ninja of justice is flamboyant.

It's all subjective, of course, and I'm not trying to tell anyone their opinion is "wrong." But the suit *does* work; you can look at a image of Nightwing from BTAS, Young Justice, Titans tv, and DCU Online, and you can easily recognize it's supposed to be the same guy. The costume is adaptable across formats (even if you dislike a particular iteration) and the visual most people recognize Nightwing by (insofar as people recognize him at all). And changing the suit isn't going to make him any less of a Bat, and with everything else that needs to change behind the scenes in how DC utilizes the character, and everything that needs to be done on the page.....changing the costume beyond basic artistic license just seems like....why?
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-06-2020 at 08:21 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

They wouldn’t end Nightwing 77 with Hutch being the Nightwing of Bludhaven while Dick works on titans academy would they?
    Becuase I would loose faith in comics at that point.

Im at the point where I just what agent 37 back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They wouldn’t end Nightwing 77 with Hutch being the Nightwing of Bludhaven while Dick works on titans academy would they?
    Becuase I would loose faith in comics at that point.
    Well it really kind of depends on what DC plans to do with Dick after March, right?

I can totally see Jurgens doing this, but if DC decides to get Dick out of Bludhaven or the next writer doesn't like the development, it'll be ignored and forgotten.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Why would write something so cursed Rac7d*...

And, same. Though, I have never stopped wanting Agent 37 back tbh. Orlando might be part of the line-up in March. I wish he would take over Nightwing. He's the only one who I could clearly see bring a Grayson influence back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Why would write something so cursed Rac7d*...

And, same. Though, I have never stopped wanting Agent 37 back tbh. Orlando might be part of the line-up in March. I wish he would take over Nightwing. He's the only one who I could clearly see bring a Grayson influence back.
    I’m just low on faith after that disaster of a comic con yesterday

So the new titans book is a TEEN titans book so Nightwing is going to be just a background character for the younger hero just as Badou said. We also already know what his solo book will look like, just more bad bludhaven, batfam drama, bat villains and bat sidekick. I mean I love the dick grayson he's my fav but as it looks now, its not good at all.

But its an academy so we will obviously see Dick in a mentorship role. This is what I want to see. The first young superhero in turn raising a generation of young superheroes. Sign me up
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    But its an academy so we will obviously see Dick in a mentorship role. This is what I want to see. The first young superhero in turn raising a generation of young superheroes. Sign me up
    But he'll be in the background. All of the focus will be on the new characters, nightwing will be like batman in season 1 of young justice. He'll give out some missions, go on missions once in a blue moon and be gone and out the way for most of it.

How is this good for nightwing? If dc really wanted us to see nightwing mentoring the next generation then they would've given him his own sidekick by now but they haven't.

Nightwing doesn't even have a real superhero team anymore he just a teacher at superhero boot camp.

Heck the may do the same with the batfamily. Nightwing loses his solo, gets put into a batfamily team book and "mentors"the young bats. Nightwing can just sit on the sidelines while the young titans and bats do all of the work, I mean get "mentored " by him.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 12-07-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    There is no need to change his design, just tweak a couple of things. If the new 52 suit was blue and had the arms stripes, it would be perfect. The chicago suit was also a pretty good redesign, but i really dislike him in red.

Funnily enough, i started reading Batman comics cause of his silhouette on this cover.

Always a rad cover.

Just cancel the Nightwing book for a little while and relaunch The Brave and the Bold with Dick as the anchor character. After two years (four trades, essentially), relaunch Nightwing as a solo book with the stench of Ric washed away and re-establishing him as a rounded, well-connected hero who isn't Batman-lite.

You can keep both books running.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Yeah, and I assume he'll be the head teacher so he'll probably be the "face" of the book in that respect.