Page 211 of 233 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3481

Wait, what? spoilers:
    He's married to Barbara? What?
    end of spoilers

That can't be for real. Talk about unearned.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I doubt it'll ever be referenced again, outside of Metal. It's a throwaway POS scene and nothing more. Pretty much like everything else the last couple years.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I doubt it'll ever be referenced again, outside of Metal. It's a throwaway POS scene and nothing more. Pretty much like everything else the last couple years.
    Even in Metal, they have said the marriage is only official until the end of this adventure.

So, the writers already know this won't be continúed.

If Dick is going to be increasing his involvement with the Titans, don't shackle him with a love interest in Gotham. We've seen DickBabs 1000 times. Let's see a modern take of him and Starfire or something new and not limiting.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    If Dick is going to be increasing his involvement with the Titans, don't shackle him with a love interest in Gotham. We've seen DickBabs 1000 times. Let's see a modern take of him and Starfire or something new and not limiting.

He is always shackled to Gotham love interest or not. Now more then ever it would be time to rekindle their friendship and working relationship. They will be working together and teaching. It’s good to have boundaries in front of their student or you get the Jean/Scott/Logan mess.

You got your modern Dick and Kory in the new 52 movies

Yeah, I feel like we're due some DickxKori with how hard they've been trying to make DickxBabs work (yet not work).

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He is always shackled to Gotham love interest or not. Now more then ever it would be time to rekindle their friendship and working relationship. They will be working together and teaching. It’s good to have boundaries in front of their student or you get the Jean/Scott/Logan mess.

You got your modern Dick and Kory in the new 52 movies
    I gave those movies 3 chances too many. Often terrible and never rose above mediocrity.

I gave those movies 3 chances too many. Often terrible and never rose above mediocrity.
    I enjoyed them. Dick and Kori's relationship was pretty good .

I actually did enjoy them in that. They seemed like a healthy couple and without angst.

Extraordinary Member

I actually did enjoy them in that. They seemed like a healthy couple and without angst.
    At least till the finale

But Babs doesn’t have a book anymore which makes it possible

The dickbabs thing was just shipper fan service, it wont matter outside of this issue. Dick doesn't need romance right now but if he does please no one from Gotham or batfam. Im sick of dicks world revolving around batman, gotham and batfam. Nightwing has become nothing more than another robin and batgirl steading behind batman as one of his many little subordinates. All Barbara mean for Nightwing is more bat sidekick.

Astonishing Member

I liked almost everything about the DC Last Days of the Special. Except the DickBabs stuff. And I'm 100% a constantly awkward in, out, mad, not mad, Sam & Diane Dick & Babs insane chronology, story and I ship them differently and in that on-again/off-again, depends on the story execution way, than I ship other characters. But nothing in this Death Metal event in the slightest, and nothing in any of the recent comic books remotely indicates anything that makes this earned to any degree. There's no recent history of Dick & Babs Escalation in anything and not that much skin in the game of stakes in a "The Universe Might End" storyline to sell it as a concept - even for a get-out-of-consequences-free brief bit of story that goes out of its way to just have it be this "hey it's just one night before another Crisis might happen" shared stress trauma settle things and hash it out gimmick.

But that said there was one thing I did like. I like the concept - not necessarily timed well here - but I like the concept of Dick and Babs falling into Sam & Diane style bickering again once more ... and Bruce entering the picture finally being a little less distant from his close friends and being like "You know what ... I do have personal skin in this game and I'm sick of you two engaging in this cycle or pattern so I challenge you to do something different," sort of thing. It's surprisingly human and switched-on of Bruce to finally stop focusing so much on Crime Conspiracies and Detective Puzzles and Global Contingency Plans and look at his two friends like a person and to ... well, to ALFRED THEM a little.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I liked almost everything about the DC Last Days of the Special. Except the DickBabs stuff. And I'm 100% a constantly awkward in, out, mad, not mad, Sam & Diane Dick & Babs insane chronology, story and I ship them differently and in that on-again/off-again, depends on the story execution way, than I ship other characters. But nothing in this Death Metal event in the slightest, and nothing in any of the recent comic books remotely indicates anything that makes this earned to any degree. There's no recent history of Dick & Babs Escalation in anything and not that much skin in the game of stakes in a "The Universe Might End" storyline to sell it as a concept - even for a get-out-of-consequences-free brief bit of story that goes out of its way to just have it be this "hey it's just one night before another Crisis might happen" shared stress trauma settle things and hash it out gimmick.

But that said there was one thing I did like. I like the concept - not necessarily timed well here - but I like the concept of Dick and Babs falling into Sam & Diane style bickering again once more ... and Bruce entering the picture finally being a little less distant from his close friends and being like "You know what ... I do have personal skin in this game and I'm sick of you two engaging in this cycle or pattern so I challenge you to do something different," sort of thing. It's surprisingly human and switched-on of Bruce to finally stop focusing so much on Crime Conspiracies and Detective Puzzles and Global Contingency Plans and look at his two friends like a person and to ... well, to ALFRED THEM a little.
    Bruce's role felt so random.

Extraordinary Member

This seems no different to me then the Rogue Gambit marrige,

they said lets cut the will they wont they crap and do it.
    They have the history and always come back to each other

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This seems no different to me then the Rogue Gambit marrige,

they said lets cut the will they wont they crap and do it.
    They have the history and always come back to each other
    Except I don't think we're going to be seeing this referenced after Death Metal .