Page 213 of 233 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3481

Dick hasn't dated Starfire in the comics in like 25 years. People need to accept that Starfire hasn't been a relevant love interest for Dick in the comics for a long time and move on. I don't think either Starfire or Babs (mainly since the New 52 will they/won't they crap) are good love interests given how terrible Dick is generally written with either of them, but there is really no competition between them in the comics despite what other media does. It's just been Babs for a long time.

But I'm completely over any love interest for Dick these days. They are all written like garbage, but my big issue with the Babs thing in that special was how unearned it was. Last month we just had Dick crying his eyes out for Bea and Dick talking about how in love he was with her. Going from that to Dick wanting to ask Babs to marry him was just so poorly done and adds another check mark to how completely useless love interests like Bea are, imo. They are a complete waste of time and page space.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Everyone in the DCU was there. They only gave Starfire that panel because she's the other half of the ship war.
    Ya, and so Starfire was already there. They didn’t bring her out, she was already there and part of the big Titans reunion. So they had her congratulate them rather then just awkwardly ignore her already being there. I’m not seeing the offense here. Dick and her just did a big mission together too. Having her awkwardly avoid him for reasons like we saw in RHatO would have just been weird.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-11-2020 at 06:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, and so Starfire was already there. They didn’t bring her out, she was already there and part of the big Titans reunion. So they had her congratulate them rather then just awkwardly ignore her already being there. I’m not seeing the offense here. Dick and her just did a big mission together too. Having her awkwardly avoid him for reasons like we saw in RHatO would have just been weird.
    He was avoiding her not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Dick hasn't dated Starfire in the comics in like 25 years. People need to accept that Starfire hasn't been a relevant love interest for Dick in the comics for a long time and move on. I don't think either Starfire or Babs (mainly since the New 52 will they/won't they crap) are good love interests given how terrible Dick is generally written with either of them, but there is really no competition between them in the comics despite what other media does. It's just been Babs for a long time.

But I'm completely over any love interest for Dick these days. They are all written like garbage, but my big issue with the Babs thing in that special was how unearned it was. Last month we just had Dick crying his eyes out for Bea and Dick talking about how in love he was with her. Going from that to Dick wanting to ask Babs to marry him was just so poorly done and adds another check mark to how completely useless love interests like Bea are, imo. They are a complete waste of time and page space.
    I'm ready for a DickFire resurgence .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm definitely not against the idea, between Kori and Babs I've always been team Kori. Babs and Dick are just....bad for each other, their relationship usually makes him end up looking irresponsible and/or immature and her looking like a control freak with commitment issues.

But I think Badou is right; it's past time for all three of these characters to move the hell on. They all need varying degrees of TLC as individuals first but we need to get past this failure of a love triangle.

Other media uses both relationships and can continue to do so, but it's played out in the comics.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

25 years? I thought for sure Dick and Star had something going on at one point in the 2008-2011 Titans series

Dick and Starfire have dated in and out of cannon recently. Not only that but they have been married in elseworld like New order. They have also dated in the animated movies. The issue is how Babs is shown to be this better choice by bashing Kori Babs is shown to be fickle to be terrible to Dick. Goes back and forth with denying or accepting his advances. They slut shame Kori. Mar'i in cannon right before New 52 is cannon to convergence. So it's not like the two haven't dated. So it haven't been 25 years. With Babs being in the Titans show they will most likely do the love triangle. I'm tired of Babs and Kori because Dick puts one of them down generally Kori to make the other look better. If Bats can have multiple love interests why not Dick. It's time to add a third one. What hero would be good. At first I thought Supergirl but they keep aging her down. Dc never wants to commit to anything. Has they have shown they are willing to go to Kori when it's nice or Babs. I think if we want both have a comic that takes place on another earth where Dick and Kori are together. It's not hard to give fans the best of both. If I had to pick a third option how about Donna?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-11-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Why is the only thing people discuss about starfire is if she dick Grayson girlfriend. 40 years and that’s all she brings to the table?

Honestly if I had to give it to Starfire. She is able to give the reason for the Titans to space travel. She is a amazing character despite everything she went through. She is able to still be sweet and kind. So no that's not all what she brings to the table. She lead part of the JL in rebirth. She is shown to be a great leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why is the only thing people discuss about starfire is if she dick Grayson girlfriend. 40 years and that’s all she brings to the table?
    Because they are talking about all the love interests. That and it's always a fight between Babs and Starfire.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-11-2020 at 03:14 PM.

With it having been so long since a proper Starfire pairing, that gives it more potential to freshly explore it from a new angle with modern storytelling.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Not only that but Babs could in a sense cause more issues.If anything it ties him more down to the Batfam. She only ever been a Batfam with the exception of BoP. That is now gone. She only operations in Gotham. With both Kori and Dick they both worked with the Titans and JL. There is way more Story options than with Babs. Not only that but Babs has always had issues with how she feels. Like she rejects Dick proposal, she gets jealous and yells at him. Despite the fact they were broken up and she and him moved up. If anything it shows how toxic she can be. I mean this personality has been consistence. Babs can be the girl if she is always fickle or yells at him for sleeping with a woman when she doesn't have the details that he was raped. This wasn't the only time she has done that.It's the fact Starfire often way more story with or without being a love interest. Starfire could have her own comic series and now a mini but Dc has issues.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-11-2020 at 05:05 PM.

I agree, but you know at this point what is it to look forward to with nightwing besides love interest? Having a stable supporting cast? Yea right... an Interesting Bludhaven? Yea right... interesting villains? Maybe... interesting stable job? Good luck.

Love interest are the only thing that most fans can really give a crap about with nightwing, and that's crap also. We know dick won't be relevant outside of the bat books so all we really have is more of the last 10 years of nightwing a.k.a nothing!

Grayson was the only thing about dick grayson that was good and relevant since the flashpoint reboot.

So I get why people spend so much time on shipping nightwing (even though it'll just be more will they won't they with babs) there's nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The real question is what does Barbara bring to the table besides more batfam and gotham?

Well there seems to be a new Titans book on the way. So the question is can a good Titans book happen. If they can have that than Dick doesn't have to be tied with Batfam either. I feel Dc is doing this on purpose. That they don't want Titans to be good. They want him to be close to the Bats but he isn't just a Bat but also a Titans.The question is now what is Dick's supporting Team? Unlike Bruce or Clark. Dick has way too many changes. Who should be kept?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    The real question is what does Barbara bring to the table besides more batfam and gotham?

Nothing really. She has no team and with Kori she works with both JL and Titans. We have the outerspace travel. There is far more stories to tell with Dick and Kori. I get why people like Babs and Dick they are with the Batfam and have a good dynamic but there comes a point where Babs has been the most passed around character. She been with almost ever single batfam.Many comics she is shown to be fickle person and rejects Grayson then yells at Dick for moving on. When they do her right, I love her and Dick's relationships but at times there is her fickleness and her jealous nature. That can get out of control. Since medias and elsewhere comics have Starfire/Dick dating we won't stop having people talking about Dick/Kori
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-11-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That is honestly the last thing I'd want. The Starfire romance was just as or probably even more toxic than the current Babs one when they last dated, but for some reason people act like that wasn't the case? I guess other media really overwrites what people remember of their in comic romance, but it was really bad at times. Plus I already dislike how tied down Dick is to the Titans as a franchise. I wish Dick was allowed to move on to other teams in the comics instead of constantly being dragged back to the Titans mess all the time, but that is a separate issue.

Although more than anything I just don't think Starfire is a very good character that offers much utility for stories. You can't really tell more grounded stories when Dick is dating an orange alien with fire for hair and superpowers. You are incredibly limited with what you can do and there is a reason you don't see romances like that in comics very often. Just have Starfire date Cyborg or something where they can at least be stuck in the Titans together maybe. I thought Odyssey was setting that up but it never happened, or just have her date Roy again given how "in love" they were according to Lobdell, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    25 years? I thought for sure Dick and Star had something going on at one point in the 2008-2011 Titans series
    Yeah, they haven't dated in the comics since Dick became a solo character basically. So it has been like 25 years. So when he became a Batman character again.