Page 218 of 233 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 3481
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

His solo book sells well on a good day, so he doesn't need to be on another team, just let a trail of kids follow him.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Badou I agree 100% man, Nightwing: agent of spyral is the way to go for nightwing. It gives him both direction and a niche.

Nightwing would be the face of DC's espionage world just like wonder woman is for fantasy, superman for syfi and batman is for street vigilante.

Nightwing globetrotting around the dcu on covert missions solo and with his own supporting cast. Awesome!

Take the best elements from grayson and bring them in to nightwing. Nightwing working to keep the other spy organizations out of the hero community's business. Take on the thing that go on behind the scenes like global meta human and weapons trafficking.

Badou what you just described was basically YJ Nightwing and the Team! But instead of working for the JL and being made up of sidekicks it nightwing's own spyral organization and other agents/heroes.

Basically just bring Grayson into nightwing copy YJ Nightwing. Nightwing = Nick fury meets captain America love it.
    It's the path that allows him the most room for unique stories and character growth, as well as building something that might appeal to other media adaptation. Him running around Bludhaven will never lead to anything unique nor be something that writers are drawn to write. No writer out there is chomping at the bits to sink their teeth into Bludhaven, but the whole spy or covert side of the DCU is completely open for him, especially after Bendis destroyed every single organization out there with his awful Leviathan story, but at least that allows some creator to build Spyral back up where Nightwing can lead and operate it the way he wants. The Young Justice show already did this kind of like you said, but I don't think this will ever happen. So far DC has shown no desire to do anything interesting with Nightwing's character.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Why does he have to work with an organization? Why not him make him own team?
    That is what we are saying. That he would be leading Spyral and form his own team and operate it how he sees fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Helena's ruined although I would like to see that not get brought up again.
    I meant ruined in terms of being a romantic option for Dick not that her character is ruined. I don't have any desire to see their relationship explored again after how horribly it ended in Seely's Nightwing run. I don't really see how you can go back to it after what happened.

She has as much chance of staying in space as Cyborg did. Her whole thing is being a space princess who finds a home on Earth.
    I wouldn't say that. She is an alien and has far deeper ties to cosmic stories than Cyborg does. I just think her character works better in space instead of being stuck on awful Titans teams on Earth.

I'd choose both .
    I knew you wouldn't pick one when I asked that, lol.

So do you guys think nightwing should join the jsa? I don't see pg joining the titans and that will focus on the younger new heroes. So nightwing won't have a team book that he is a main focus of.
    I'd rather see him in the JSA than Titans. He's a Golden Age character and has been a member before, so not like he wouldn't fit in. I had a pitch years ago where I'd like his solo book to be about him joining the JSA. It would follow his journey on the team. A problem I have with the Titans is that Dick is always written the same way in it. He defaults to the boring and generic leader trope and his personality gets stripped from him. There is zero room for growth for him which is why writers always undercut his character on those Titans team and try to pass it off as "deveopment". On the JSA he wouldn't be the leader and would have to work his way up and develop new dynamics with its members. I think that would be interesting to read but it won't ever happen. He is handcuffed to the Titans unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I wouldn't say that. She is an alien and has far deeper ties to cosmic stories than Cyborg does. I just think her character works better in space instead of being stuck on awful Titans teams on Earth.
    I think she's more tied to the Titans while the cosmic stuff just informs her character, so that's why the main impetus is her fitting into both worlds, like Dick is both a Bat and a Titan.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So do you guys think nightwing should join the jsa? I don't see pg joining the titans and that will focus on the younger new heroes. So nightwing won't have a team book that he is a main focus of.
    Been saying for a while now he's a good fit in the JSA.

Well, he was fairly prominent in Earth-2...

Agent Nightwing would honestly be perfect. That’s a whole area of the DCU Dick could call his own, something the other Batfamily members couldn’t poach.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I like Babs too despite my slight preference for DickFire, and you know I'm your brother in PowerWing, but I just want Dick's love life to take a two year rest. Just twenty four issues. Rebuild him as more than DC's Helen of Troy. Please.
    Oh, totally agreed. As much as we talk about Dick's love life, that should be pretty low on the priority list right now. The character needs a lot of TLC to recover from the last few years (going back to before Ric even started) and needs to be re-defined and re-contextualized, and of all the things that need some work the love interest is near the bottom of that list. But it's what we're talking about, so....

I'd support it. Honestly, anything that isn't the League or Titans sounds good to me right now, but Dick in the JSA could be a pretty fantastic thing. I can't really think of a reason *not* to put him on the team.

Not that I want the JSA to be his primary home, I still want him to have his own book where he does his own thing and has his own unique niche in the DCU. But as far as teams go, JSA is pretty high on my wish list.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Tom Taylor possible teasing Nightwing?

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...44697241407490

I don’t think Babs and Dick relationship will carry over. Dc keeps saying their doing this to make things less confusing but to be honest. They are the ones to blame they are also just saying Dan’s idea. So what is going to happen now? We going to need a reboot of a reboot?

I mean let’s be honest Starfire can just make a Titan team in space. I don’t know what Dc play is to have him break up then have be married to Babs. Hopefully it’s not cannon so he can just be single for a bit

In Taylor and Redondo's Nightwing run, Blüdhaven has elected a new mayor with the last name Zucco, which can’t be good for DC’s first sidekick and former Robin—but is it good for Blüdhaven? When Nightwing enlists Batgirl’s help in investigating the politician bearing the same name as the man who murdered his parents, she unearths details that will shock and fundamentally change the hero.
    Le sigh.

And appearing in the first issue of Taylor and Redondo’s new Nightwing comic is a potential new sidekick for Dick Grayson—a three-legged puppy that he shields from harm in Blüdhaven’s alleys!
    I'm ok with that.

I’ve always considered a DC A-lister. Our series is about showing that. It’s about putting Dick Grayson back on that pedestal where he belongs.”
    And this sounds good too.

Taylor wouldn't have been my first choice but he could do good stuff. Dick needs action and Taylor can do that. Redondo drawing Nightwing doesn't hurt.

Hell yes!

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I don’t think Babs and Dick relationship will carry over. Dc keeps saying their doing this to make things less confusing but to be honest. They are the ones to blame they are also just saying Dan’s idea. So what is going to happen now? We going to need a reboot of a reboot?

I mean let’s be honest Starfire can just make a Titan team in space. I don’t know what Dc play is to have him break up then have be married to Babs. Hopefully it’s not cannon so he can just be single for a bit
    It will carry over.

https://www.gamesradar.com/nightwing...bruno-redondo/

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Yes!!! Actually excited about this.

Taylor is more hit or miss with me but one thing he is not is boring. Which is what Nighteing has been for awhile.

This may be a disaster but at least itll be entertaining. But I think Taylor will do well on this.

Also happy that Barbara is there too. I always liked them together. I guess this will be her spot in lieu of her solo.

It's better with them together anyways instead of some other girl that we know will not work out for Dick anyways.

I like the art for the poster also.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Taylor
    So excited for this, people. Despite killing him... twice... in DCeased and Injustice, I've always been a huge Nightwing fan. Can't wait to tell these epic stories of Nightwing and Batgirl, with my good friend,
    @Bruno_Redondo_F.
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...77487672524801

Yeah please don’t have Dick hit his head on a rock and die would you Tom? Alright, while I plan on giving this a shot, Taylor isn’t usually to my taste. But he’s very popular with the casual audience so he will most likely write a popular Nightwing, which is good. Dick needs something that will connect with the general audience again.