Page 219 of 233 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3481

Had a feeling they weren't relaunching. Watch out for rocks, lol. Solid creative team, better then expected honestly, but i have a feeling this is going to be like when Humphries took over. As in this is the new creative team for a story arc. But ill still take it. Really is a shame though they wasted the return and left Jurgens for as long as they did. The numbers on the book probably aren't going to recover. Whatever bump his series might have got from his return was wasted by 3 more month of Jurgens, and now this team has to pretty much start from the bottom. Which sucks cause this checks a lot of boxes. Relevant writer who's making a name for himself, cool looking art, and new pet lol. Love the dog already btw. That being said, Babs, Bludhaven, and Zucco. I know some aren't gonna be happy with those things.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-17-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Had a feeling they weren't relaunching. Watch out for rocks, lol. Solid creative team, better then expected honestly, but i have a feeling this is going to be like when Humphries took over. This is the new creative team for a story arc. But ill still take it. Really is a shame though they wasted the return and left Jurgens for as long as they did. The number on the book aren't going to recover. Whatever bump his series might have got from his return was wasted by 3 more month of Jurgens, and now this team has to pretty much start from the bottom.
    He is staying long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Taylor
    Yes. We're on the ongoing Nightwing series starting with issue #78. Not just an arc, I'm planning on writing Nightwing for a long time.
    So great to join @Ben_Abernathy and so many of my friends in the Bat Group. We've all been scheming...

Amazing Member

Make nightwing great again!

Extraordinary Member

2021 is looking up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah please don’t have Dick hit his head on a rock and die would you Tom? Alright, while I plan on giving this a shot, Taylor isn’t usually to my taste. But he’s very popular with the casual audience so he will most likely write a popular Nightwing, which is good. Dick needs something that will connect with the general audience again.
    Yeah, i agreed, there is just something about him that doesn't conect with me, but hey it might be popular enought to give Nightwing a boost.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He is staying long term.
    Ok, very cool. Im excited. I almost forgot what this felt like when it comes to Nightwing.

Never would have guessed Taylor would write Nightwing. I figured he could have had his pick of higher profile titles, but I guess it's the least DC could do after a couple years of terrible Ric stories. His title has been a disaster for a while and maybe this is a strong enough team to stabilize it? No idea but I guess we will see. The fact that the book isn't getting relaunched does make me think Taylor won't be on the title for too long despite what he says. Guess we will see.

But it's depressing they are setting it in Bludhaven again. It's expected of course, but it just means that nothing from this run will last because Bludhaven is a creative wasteland. It's a setting I've explained countless times now why it doesn't work but people will still defend it. I'll never understand their devotion to it. In the pitch for this series you can even see why it doesn't work. Dick's connection to Bludhaven is so paper thin they have to drag out a Zucco character to give Dick some deeper motivation to be in Bludhaven. It's them dragging more things from Gotham to try and fill out Bludhaven because it has nothing useable in it. They even have to drag Batgirl from Gotham there because after 25 years there is nothing there of any real value. The only way Bludhaven becomes an asset is if Allen Moore comes back to DC and wants to write about it, haha. Outside that it is what it is at this point and trying to pass it off as Dick's "home" or his own Gotham will always come across as forced.

Okay, Bludhaven rant over. Not sure what to make of the Batgirl thing. So are they going to start dating now, continue to be "married", or are they just going to continue what they have been doing for the past 9 years with their awful will they/won't they dynamic? Where somehow the timing is ALWAYS bad and they continue to bitch about it despite having no real reason not to be together? I used to like Dick and Babs together but the past 9 years killed any motivation I have to see it. My gut tells me that they will just be dating at most because it is still set in Bludhaven and Barbara isn't going to leave Gotham. Really, this pitch could have just been set in Gotham and it would probably have been better for it, but I guess they can use Bludhaven as an excuse to put a wedge in their relationship, lol.

Also it looks like the Hawkeye influence is still going strong in the comics. How long ago was that run now? 7 years? Crazy how influential that series was, and I guess still is, but this new dog does feel very influenced by Pizza Dog with being disabled and paired up with the hero with comedic undertones.

Is Babs going to be Oracle here, like she is in Tynion’s Batman I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Is Babs going to be Oracle here, like she is in Tynion’s Batman I wonder?
    They're calling her Batgirl in the interview, but who knows.

Incredible Member

Enjoyed Taylor's writing from the stuff I've read so this is great news. Plus Suicide Squad was great - art included.

Not sure about the use of a Zucco (i.e. I'd prefer something "new" and not tied to history) but Snyder managed to make it work in The Black Mirror so let's see.

To be fair, over half the people on this Forum could have been introduced as the new writer and it'll still be welcome following the Ric debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ok, very cool. Im excited. I almost forgot what this felt like when it comes to Nightwing.
    I can see that, you ever change your avatar. Let the positivity flow through this appreciation thread, it's needed.

Taylor should be a good fit for Nightwing, even given the fact that he's killed him in dumb ways a few times .
    They're calling her Batgirl in the interview, but who knows.
    I assume this will be the book that showcases her as Batgirl while other books use her as Oracle.

I'm curious if they're together as lovers or just as crime-fighting partners. Seems they're assuming they're together romantically.

He is staying long term.
    Up to issue 100, perhaps? That would be 23 issues, which is just under two years on a monthly schedule.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wow! Really cool news. Love the creative team. This is exciting. Taylor writing Nightwing in the main reality could be something really special.

So, in 2021, we have:

Future State Nightwing,
    Future State Titans (To be determined if is him or not),
    Nightwing with Tom Taylor,
    Titans Academy,
    Season 3 of Titans,
    Major Player in Gotham Knights.

Also, Two of his villains, Talon and Shrike, are part of the Suicide Squad.

I know some of you don't like the Titans series or the premise of the Titans book, but 2021 is looking good for him.