Page 220 of 233 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3481

This is fantastic news.

Count me in.

Can't believe its been so long since I've been excited for Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So, in 2021, we have:

Future State Nightwing,
    Future State Titans (To be determined if is him or not),
    Nightwing with Tom Taylor,
    Titans Academy,
    Season 3 of Titans,
    Major Player in Gotham Knights.

Also, Two of his villains, Talon and Shrike, are part of the Suicide Squad.

I know some of you don't like the Titans series or the premise of the Titans book, but 2021 is looking good for him.
    Yeah the turn around has been pretty strong. Also S4 of Young Justice.

Astonishing Member

I would honestly have pegged Taylor as too big for Nightwing at this point - and that's some very pretty art. I'd say this is as good a team, in terms of profile, as could have been expected -the plot itself doesn't sound at all interesting (Bludhaven, Zucco, Batgirl), but we'll see how it ends up in execution.

Plus, although I'm not really a fan of pairing as such, "Dick and Barbara are together, they're a team, and it's working" is infinitely better than the slightly testy will-they-won-t-they they've been for a long, long time....

Also, did we all see this?

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1339601287969587205

That looks like q quite acceptable Titans team, but also doesn't have any of the Academy kids involved. So either Teen Titans Academy is going to be a little different than some were expecting, or there's going to be another book too?

I’m happy that Babs and Dick will be together and what his idea. I do wonder if this will last. I just wanted Dick to be single for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah the turn around has been pretty strong. Also S4 of Young Justice.
    Yeah, i forgot YJ. Also, we may get the Snyder Black Label book too.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I would honestly have pegged Taylor as too big for Nightwing at this point - and that's some very pretty art. I'd say this is as good a team, in terms of profile, as could have been expected -the plot itself doesn't sound at all interesting (Bludhaven, Zucco, Batgirl), but we'll see how it ends up in execution.

Plus, although I'm not really a fan of pairing as such, "Dick and Barbara are together, they're a team, and it's working" is infinitely better than the slightly testy will-they-won-t-they they've been for a long, long time....

Also, did we all see this?

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1339601287969587205

That looks like q quite acceptable Titans team, but also doesn't have any of the Academy kids involved. So either Teen Titans Academy is going to be a little different than some were expecting, or there's going to be another book too?
    Yeah, but are they just crime-fighting partners or are they also lovers? That's what I want explicit confirmation on.

Nightwing: Injustice Creative Team Charts a New Direction for Dick Grayson in 2021

https://www.ign.com/articles/nightwi...uad-batgirl-dc

Taylor also confirmed the Batgirl in question is Barbara Gordon. Barbara is going through changes of her own in the aftermath of Joker War, and the series will feature her both as Batgirl and Oracle.

"I’ve always loved their relationship," said Taylor. "There aren’t many characters who know each other so well. They’ve been through so much together, respect each other, and have always been there to support one another. They’re not Batman and Robin. There’s no side-kick here. They’re equals in every way and Babs will be a big part of our story, as Batgirl and as Oracle. Bruno and I have told some huge stories with giant casts between Injustice, Star Wars and Suicide Squad, and we’re very excited to focus on a smaller cast and imbue this book with as much heart and hope as we can."

I forgot Taylor actually worked in a circus as a juggler and fire eater. Feeling way more hopeful that this will finally be the Taylor comic I click with.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but are they just crime-fighting partners or are they also lovers? That's what I want explicit confirmation on.
    Did you read the interview?

Nightwing: Injustice Creative Team Charts a New Direction for Dick Grayson in 2021

Looks like he'll be handling Babs well at least .

Come to think of it, I can only remember him writing her in Injustice where she actually survived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I forgot Taylor actually worked in a circus as a juggler and fire eater. Feeling way more hopeful that this will finally be the Taylor comic I click with.
    That's so random, but fitting .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Did you read the interview?
    Yeah, but it doesn't specify if they're dating.

Taylor also confirmed the Batgirl in question is Barbara Gordon. Barbara is going through changes of her own in the aftermath of Joker War, and the series will feature her both as Batgirl and Oracle.
    So,no new direction at all then. Meh, at least is not Jurgens and Taylor can't kill Dick with a rock this time around....hopefully.

Yeah, i forgot YJ. Also, we may get the Snyder Black Label book too.
    Would be great if it were announced in 2021 too.

Hmmm... While I'm looking forward to the shift in direction the ideas that are being presented right now aren't anything new (except for the mutt) and not even recent. His run will very much depend on how he portrays DickBabs and what he does to make Blüdhaven feel unique.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm okay with Zucco, Barbara, and Bludhaven because I hold a relaunch should start with something familiar before branching out or subvert things, kinda like the same feeling I get when The Court of Owls Batman started with Batman in Gotham fighting Arkham inmates, or Tynion's Bat-family team up including Tim, Cass, and Steph.

I also... since I'm new and I haven't read Zucco except for the origin, kinda glad if they continue what Higgins was setting up and canceled.

Also, Taylor's too big for Nightwing thing is the old guard's pov. They just had their way for too long. Dick Grayson is big. NTT was big, Dick's canceled wedding with Kori was going to be big, DickBats was big, big name writers wanted to write him, big-name writers did write him, they've just always been told no, and now no one's stopping them.

Taylor writing Nightwing and Snyder-Tynion-Williamson writing Titans one shot, I hope the glass ceiling is broken, at least for the time being.

The boy is even treding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Taylor
    Thanks for the huge response to our Nightwing announcement. Nightwing is currently trending in the US.
    Ping: @drinkpinkink.

Extraordinary Member

The boy is even treding.

Yes the world is showing him love