Page 229 of 233 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233 LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 3481

I think they should have picked one or the other. They should punch her to be oracle not Batgirl. They can just have her put the Oracle logo as a mask. And keep the Batgirl costume similar. I wouldn't keep the Bat logo design just the costume.

I'm curious why they seem to have more faith in Nightwing than Babs and Nightwing. Both are great characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I really like Tom Taylor writing in general, but I'm not so sure he is high-end writer.

His elseworld comics where he use all DC Universe sell a lot. However, sales of Suicide Squad's floppies were pretty low.

I agree that DC seems to have more expectatives for Nightwing than other characters. Although I think they put Barbara in Nightwing comic (and it seems to be the only place where she is Batgirl), because they really hope this will increase sales.
    Nightwing sells pretty well by himself when he isn't stuck as Ric Grayson. And the hype surrounding the announcement of this creative team was so good that he was even trending on Twitter. Sales won't be a issue. Even if it only sells a lot in the first issue, it'll probably sustain around 25 to 30 k regularly like he was doing before the Ric mess.

The only time his sales started to decline above 18k was with the Ric Grayson\Dan Jurgens combo and that was completely DC's fault.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing sells pretty well by himself when he isn't stuck as Ric Grayson. And the hype surrounding the announcement of this creative team was so good that he was even trending on Twitter. Sales won't be a issue. Even if it only sells a lot in the first issue, it'll probably sustain around 25 to 30 k regularly like he was doing before the Ric mess.

The only time his sales started to decline above 18k was with the Ric Grayson\Dan Jurgens combo and that was completely DC's fault.
    Honestly, even without Ric mess, I'm not totally sure Nightwing sales wouldn't fall under 20K for this time. The comic market was pretty horrible at this time.

That said, Nightwing (even with the Ric mess) is a better seller than Batgirl comic. When Batgirl sold better than Nightwing, it usually was due to popular variant covers for Batgirl.

Ric was done in an attempt to buck that trend. It wouldn't have taken much to keep it above 20k, but instead they came up Ric sending its through its floor and recruited sub 20k creators. And being a better seller then a book who's character was mostly ignored and pushed to side, receiving very little creator support, isn't a good benchmark. All it took was a new costume for Batgirl to sell better than Nightwing for a decent while. Now im excited about the creative team, but they are starting at the bottom. The numbers aren't going to boom up on the title. They'll probably get a bounce for a time, but its not gonna be crazy. It sucks they didn't do a relaunch to put this creative team in a better position, it also sucks they let Jurgens deflate any help his return might have had, but what can you do. We can only hope DC curbs their expectations and affords them the same leeway they frustratingly did Ric's creators.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-24-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ric was done in an attempt to buck that trend. It wouldn't have taken much to keep it above 20k, but instead they came up Ric sending its through its floor and recruited sub 20k creators. And being a better seller then a book who's character was mostly ignored and pushed to side, receiving very little creator support, isn't a good benchmark. All it took was a new costume for Batgirl to sell better than Nightwing for a decent while. Now im excited about the creative team, but they are starting at the bottom. The numbers aren't going to boom up on the title. They'll probably get a bounce for a time, but its not gonna be crazy. It sucks they didn't do a relaunch to put this creative team in a better position, it also sucks they let Jurgens deflate any help his return might have had, but what can you do. We can only hope DC curbs their expectations and affords them the same leeway they frustratingly did Ric's creators.
    I don't think the change of Batgirl suit was the only reason why Batgirl sold better than Nightwing at the time.

The variant cover of Joshua Middleton seems to be another reason (the sales of Batgirl fall when it doesn't have that variant cover).
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-24-2020 at 06:44 PM.

You guys think that Nightwing can outsell Batman?

No. DC wouldn’t let that happen, and if it did it would be seen as a failure in managing Batman.

Which is why I wish Nightwing and The Titans had their own editor. I know that one reason why they don't is he has one book and so do they but that can easily be fix. Like Dick Grayson having a teamup comic with different heroes and a comic with Wally. The Titans also could get spinoffs. Very easy. Dick can easily be a competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Which is why I wish Nightwing and The Titans had their own editor. I know that one reason why they don't is he has one book and so do they but that can easily be fix. Like Dick Grayson having a teamup comic with different heroes and a comic with Wally. The Titans also could get spinoffs. Very easy. Dick can easily be a competitor.
    The younger characters can easily have three team books: Titans, Teen Titans and Young Justice. The problem is solo books. Only Dick has one. Though I don't see why Wally can't have one too.

Which office is Titans usually in? Superman's? I know YJ was Superman's because Bendis was the writer of both and all of the original Wonder Comics had a Superman appearance in some form.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-25-2020 at 06:28 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You guys think that Nightwing can outsell Batman?
    Maybe for one special issue, but there is no solo hero can outsell Batman for a long period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Taylor
    Happy Holidays, @DCComics and Nightwing fans!
    @Bruno_Redondo_F, @fxstudiocolor, @jesswchen and I will see you in 2021!
    @thedcnation.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...846721/photo/1
    Last edited by Drako; 12-25-2020 at 07:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

With the current sales numbers of Nightwing and Titans (or at least the ones we now from before the pandemic) it is unlikely, that any spinoff could last as an ongoing.
    They can do occasional one shots or minis, but ongoing are not really an viable option.

True. I just think maybe it would do some Good expand Nightwing out. Okay so the Judge in Nightwing is a supernatural being corrected? Maybe Dick should have a few more supernatural enemies? I think it would be cool if a fracture part of the court of owls was more of a cult that wanted to live forever

Astonishing Member

It seems Future State: Nightwing issues will be included in Future State: Next Batman trade.

Wait isn't there a Black Label happening?