Page 231 of 233 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233 LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 3481

I’m excited. Says the right kind of things, so I hope he delivers. I know people like his Deceased but my favorite thing from Taylor was his All New Wolverine.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-31-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I’m excited. Says the right kind of things, so I hope he delivers. I know people like his Deceased but my favorite thing from Taylor was his All New Wolverine.
    I wouldn't mind a "pat on the head" scene between Babs and Dick.

What he says sounds good and I like that that scene from last tales isn't canon.

All New Wolverine was so good. One of the biggest reasons I'm excited for his Nightwing.

Well im not the biggest fan of this status quo (please don't make him a cop) but I hope it's good and fans enjoy it.

I think a mayoral campaign is what he’s hinting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So far Taylor's been saying all the right things, and he's citing the best influences.

I don't think anyone was expecting that "marriage" to be legit.

Him building Dick's character around Bludhaven will eventually fail, but we've been over that already. So no need to get into all that again. I only hope that the story eventually branches outside of Bludhaven but so far it doesn't seem like he has any plans to focus on Dick outside that city which kind of sucks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Him building Dick's character around Bludhaven will eventually fail, but we've been over that already. So no need to get into all that again. I only hope that the story eventually branches outside of Bludhaven but so far it doesn't seem like he has any plans to focus on Dick outside that city which kind of sucks.
    I'd have thought that "it's not about Bludhaven" would have piqued your interest! I'd glad he's not trying to pitch the city as an integral part of Dick's psyche or anything.

Also, by way of overthinking, interesting that he doesn't mention "Grayson" at all. Seeley gets a namecheck as an inspiration for the Rebirth run, but King doesn't, and his "Dick outside the influence of Batman" examples are leading the Justice League and the Titans, with nothing about Spyral.

I like everything I've heard from Taylor, I'm also a HUGE fan of ANW. I hope he knocks it out the park. No more bland stories and bat derailing for Nightwing please.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I like everything I've heard from Taylor, I'm also a HUGE fan of ANW. I hope he knocks it out the park. No more bland stories and bat derailing for Nightwing please.
    Heck yeah, this sounds like the Dick I’ve been wanting for years. Back in Blüdhaven and doing his own thing. The only thing missing is Bridget Clancy, but I’m digging the Barbara angle regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I'd have thought that "it's not about Bludhaven" would have piqued your interest! I'd glad he's not trying to pitch the city as an integral part of Dick's psyche or anything.

Also, by way of overthinking, interesting that he doesn't mention "Grayson" at all. Seeley gets a namecheck as an inspiration for the Rebirth run, but King doesn't, and his "Dick outside the influence of Batman" examples are leading the Justice League and the Titans, with nothing about Spyral.
    Actually he said it is about Bludhaven. But he did also say its not about a lost, corrupted city ruled by fear and calling out for a hero. So hopefully they at least avoid the worst parts.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-31-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Actually he said it is about Bludhaven. But he did also say its not about a lost, corrupted city ruled by fear and calling out for a hero. So hopefully they at least avoid the worst parts.
    Unfortunately he said it is about a lost corrupted city which is disappointing, I was hoping we could get away from that. It's so boring
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Unfortunately he said it is about a lost corrupted city which is disappointing, I was hoping we could get away from that. It's so boring
    LoL, ya. Im seeing things too i guess. Oh well. What can you do. Hopefully they make it work. Still lots of bits that sounds good nonetheless.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-31-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post

"What he chooses to do with this will demonstrate how different he is from Bruce Wayne. This isn't about Gotham. This is about Blüdhaven. This is about a lost, corrupted city ruled by fear and calling out for a hero. This is about a hero stepping out of the shadows to answer the call and to push back against the darkness as a positive, entertaining, compassionate force for good."

He's building the run around Bludhaven and it is clear he is just using the old Dixon version given the lost and corrupted comment. It feels completely unoriginal to me. Like the worst aspects of Bludhaven, but it is what it is. My bitching won't change anything. It feels like the run is going to be stuck there for at least its first arc or two probably. So at least a year.

Edit: Oh looks like you already saw it, haha

As for the whole A-list comment thing, it is the same stuff that every Nightwing writer has said. Higgins and Seeley said the exact same thing. So I don't put a ton of value in that. I'm pretty down on the concept behind this run overall, even though I think the creative team is pretty talented, but my only real hope now is that the run doesn't get dragged into Tynion's Batman stuff. I don't expect Dick to ever be A-list now, but he obviously will never be looked at as A-list if his own book and character keep getting derailed by Batman's own book.

Baby steps. Even just a solid consistent run would go a long way right now. He doesn’t have to actually make him A-list, thats beyond just one creator, but that being how he is choosing to see him is a comfort given how guys like Abnett, Lobdell, and Jurgens have been his architect for these past years. Guys who didn't see him as anything more then Batman's bitchboy or a throwaway mid tier character. Its not A-list or bust, it never really has been and doesn't even really need to be. But respect the sell. Give a **** about how your lead looks.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-31-2020 at 09:10 PM.