Page 27 of 233 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The fixing is already underway. He got his real memories back last issue, but can't tell them apart from the false implanted memories, which is why he didn't go back to his old self. He's about to encounter Joker, which would likely make him realise the truth. And the annual out in April appears to have him back to normal.

May's solicitations are going to be VERY interesting.
    I don’t need a recap, the real memories accomplished nothing and this is still just the same technique they have been abusing to drag things out from the start. Eye dropping teases and Dick bait in an attempt to keep whatever readers they have left on the hook for however long they can. The question is will they continue to lazily drag it out till the Batman’s summer event or leave it to the gen zero event to fix things for them.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-07-2020 at 12:01 AM.

You do realise that there's absolutely nothing between the known solicitations and Free Comic Book Day? FCBD is on May 2nd this year i.e. before the month's first Wednesday. If Generation Zero is the final solution, then it'll be before the next unsolicited issue of Nightwing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Free Comic is just a preview to what’s coming. As they usually are. They are obviously still dragging Ric out for a reason. We have assumed it’s Batman’s summer event, but could it be they are waiting for the “seismic-level changes in the DC Universe”.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-07-2020 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I wanted more to the story see them take down the gang I missed them doing stuff like that
    Oh I wanted more story, too. Only so much you can do with 8 pages.

Does Dick need his own editor at this point? At this point what stories do you want to see once Dick gets back?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Does Dick need his own editor at this point? At this point what stories do you want to see once Dick gets back?
    This will sound silly, but I kind of want Cyborg and Starfire to pick him and the rest of the titans up in their souped up Brainiac ship and go on space adventures. Maybe Raven, Beast Boy, Donna, Wally, Tempest/Garth, and maybe some of the newer members of Titans or Odyssey like Natasha Irons, Miss Martian, Kyle Rayner or Jessica Cruz can tag along as well. I mean he has already been a secret agent so why not Sci-fi adventurer Dick Grayson if they are not gonna really do anything on earth. Besides maybe there is something fun they can do since his name stems from Superman telling him of the Nightwing of Krypton.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-07-2020 at 11:10 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    This will sound silly, but I kind of want Cyborg and Starfire to pick him and the rest of the titans up in their souped up Brainiac ship and go on space adventures. Maybe Raven, Beast Boy, Donna, Wally, Tempest/Garth, and maybe some of the newer members of Titans or Odyssey like Natasha Irons, Miss Martian, Kyle Rayner or Jessica Cruz can tag along as well. I mean he has already been a secret agent so why not Sci-fi adventurer Dick Grayson if they are not gonna really do anything on earth. Besides maybe there is something fun they can do since his name stems from Superman telling him of the Nightwing of Krypton.
    Have him pose as Nightwing of legend on Daxom. With Starfire and the others making it look like he has super powers.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Heh. Considering Odyssey's sales track, they can use his help.

Not with Abnett attached. Please, never again.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-07-2020 at 06:11 PM.

I didn't say anything about Abnett I just thought it'd be fun to have Space Dick Grayson and the Titans. If I had to put someone on it...my mind goes to Sam Humphries. Loved his work on Green Lanterns and Dial H.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Who is excited for the Nightwing book and Dick's character to be dragged into another event/crossover! I'm sure the Joker War story is going to use Dick wonderfully like they always do in these kind of things, and won't throw him under the bus and have him do nothing worthwhile all in order to sacrifice him to push some Batman narrative forward.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dick is still Ric in Pennyworth RIP. I'm canceling. I'm not picking an issue as long as that thing is still canon, and if someone dares to ask if I'm overreacting, I, and many others already explained in long posts the past months why I hate that decision, why it's objectively a bad decision, and I'm not explaining again. Find my previous posts if you like.

I like the idea of Alfred's death because it's not something I see often, decades, in fact, so it should be something I look forward to as a story, but I don't like King's story surrounding it, so I'm not picking that up. I was willing to be partially immersed for this one issue but now with Dick is still Ric in the eulogy, I can't, so I'm not picking that up either.

If Dic is still Ric in the memorial issue, he shouldn’t even be there. It’s that simple. It makes no sense. These kinds of nonsensical half measures that please no one, just undercut both sides of the coin.

This is exactly part of why Ric went right to the pooper. This is Ric, he’s not Dick but he still lives in Bludhaven and does more or less the same **** Dick did at his most boring. This is a new direction, but here are old fashion creators that don’t operate in new or interesting ways. This way of doing things is just buffoonish.

Though did I read that editors note right, the issue takes place prior to Nightwing Annual #2. How do they figure that one lol.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-08-2020 at 06:55 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Though did I read that editors note right, the issue takes place prior to Nightwing Annual #2. How do they figure that one lol.
    Does that even work? Because everything in Nightwing Annual 2 takes place before Nightwing #50 and Alfred visits Dick in Nightwing #51...which would be impossible if he was dead.

Exactly. It absolutely doesn’t work. I guess it could be a typo and its referring to Annual 3, but in that case why would they even be telling us this takes place before something that doesn’t come out for another 3 months give or take.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-08-2020 at 08:00 AM.