Page 30 of 233 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Is it ending though? Same writer, same run, same crap. And just to kill any forme of originality same old Babs reunion.
    I have high hopes.
    Now, I also think they are going to retire Dick from his mantle in the timeskip that 5G brings to the main line of comics. So... monkey's paw I guess. I also think we're going to have plenty of limited series and minis with him as Nightwing in the BL line; but for the next like... 5 years or so, I can see them retiring Dick, or at least, making him something else, or something more, than the vigilante in black and blue suit that's Nightwing.

A good idea for Damian in that timeline could be taking over Nightwing. But that one is less a hunch and more wishful thinking.

If Dick ends up back in costume, that's great, but I'm still going to demand better quality before DC gets my money.

As for 5G....I expect Dick will have no role worth talking about. DC has tried damn hard to get rid of him without actually getting rid of him and incurring fans' wrath, but a time skip (if that indeed happens) would be a fantastic way to write him out. Maybe they'll give him a happy ending, hoping that will be enough to satisfy us. Or maybe they'll just keep abusing him when they're not ignoring him, as they have for the last few years.

But you never know. I've been wrong before.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

If they are just gonna lazily put him back in costume still under Jurgan’s then better to just kill him. Just pull the trigger, rather then continue the slow death by mediocrity under boring creators no one is clearly interested in anymore.

BTW It’s just more Dick bait. Still Ric in May. Still their go to jobber too it seems. Guess Ric couldn’t escape that fate either.

https://screenrant.com/nightwing-jok...line-dc-comic/

Nightwing #72
    Written by Dan Jurgens
    Art by Ronan Cliquet
    Cover by Travis Moore
    Variant cover by Alan Quah
    Dick Grayson has learned the truth: that “fixing” his identity lies with none other than Barbara Gordon. He must go to Gotham to find Batgirl—and runs into The Joker’s new henchperson, Punchline. Unlike Harley Quinn, Punchline’s deadpan black humor matches the deadly knives she uses on her victims...and for her next joke, Ric Grayson is the punchline.
    May 5th, 2020.

No DC. At this point we’re the punchline...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-12-2020 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If Dick ends up back in costume, that's great, but I'm still going to demand better quality before DC gets my money.

As for 5G....I expect Dick will have no role worth talking about. DC has tried damn hard to get rid of him without actually getting rid of him and incurring fans' wrath, but a time skip (if that indeed happens) would be a fantastic way to write him out. Maybe they'll give him a happy ending, hoping that will be enough to satisfy us. Or maybe they'll just keep abusing him when they're not ignoring him, as they have for the last few years.

But you never know. I've been wrong before.
    I have very little hope for Dick while the current editors remains. For the whole DC to be honest, they really have no idea what to do with their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If they are just gonna lazily put him back in costume still under Jurgan’s then better to just kill him. Just pull the trigger, rather then continue the slow death by mediocrity under boring creators no one is clearly interested in anymore.

BTW It’s just more Dick bait. Still Ric in May. Still their go to jobber too it seem. Guess Ric couldn’t escape that fate either.

Nightwing #72
    Written by Dan Jurgens
    Art by Ronan Cliquet
    Cover by Travis Moore
    Dick Grayson has learned the truth: that “fixing” his identity lies with none other than Barbara Gordon. He must go to Gotham to find Batgirl—and runs into The Joker’s new henchperson, Punchline. Unlike Harley Quinn, Punchline’s deadpan black humor matches the deadly knives she uses on her victims...and for her next joke, Ric Grayson is the punchline.
    May 5th, 2020.

When dick gets back he should change his name from nightwing to The Bat Fodder. I'm starting to hate dick being anywhere near Gotham.

They need to build up the new villain. So they are having her beat up Ric to show how badass she is. Seems pretty standard-fare for how things go for the character, haha.

But no surprise they are dragging this out until the Joker War crossover. Dick won't "officially" be back until closer to the climax of that event I imagine. No sense in blowing the one "big" reveal they have early in the crossover.

To be fair beating up Ric is probably the easiest way to get people to root for a villain right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    I have very little hope for Dick while the current editors remains. For the whole DC to be honest, they really have no idea what to do with their characters.
    Oh it's not all bad. Definitely better than it was back in 2010, right? Sure, there's plenty of crap on the shelf, but that's always been the case. And yes, right now Nightwing is at an all time low. Are these the worst sales and rankings he's ever had? They might be. Management itself seems to be against him. Dark days indeed, for our boy. But there's good stuff coming out of DC right now too. I mean, Superman Smashes the Klan is easily worth all the crap books I'm not buying anyway. That thing is a gem. Required reading for anyone who wants to be able to recognize a good story. Morrison's Green Lantern is a real trip. There's DC books worth reading.

But generally speaking, no I don't think DC does know what to do with their roster. Or more accurately, I don't think they know what to do with their industry. More and more it seems like we're slowly approaching a turning point, and the people in charge (not just at DC, but all the publishers) have yet to find a successful strategy to deal with it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    When dick gets back he should change his name from nightwing to The Bat Fodder. I'm starting to hate dick being anywhere near Gotham.
    I just read DC's Crimes of Passion #1, and in it Dick gets taken out by a kid with a metal pipe. And I'm just sad. The Dick/Babs-centric story itself felt like it wasted a lot of pages, too.

Best one, by far, was definitely Green Arrow & Black Canary's story.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

BTW It’s just more Dick bait. Still Ric in May. Still their go to jobber too it seems. Guess Ric couldn’t escape that fate either.

[I]Nightwing #72
    Written by Dan Jurgens
    Art by Ronan Cliquet
    Cover by Travis Moore
    Dick Grayson has learned the truth: that “fixing” his identity lies with none other than Barbara Gordon. He must go to Gotham to find Batgirl
    The memory bullet she extracted from his nipple in the Dark Web story arc?

I doubt that DC's going to retire Dick with 5G with a time skip. That means that DC's going to be retiring all heroes from around Dick's age upwards which would include Luke who is still fit enough to do hero work so why would Dick retire?
    That's an awful lot of replacements. The Batfamily has at least enough younger heroes to step in as replacements

Damian and Tim can cover Dick and Jason's mantle's. Duke becomes Batwing. Steph is Batgirl and Cass is Batwoman but what about other heroes who don't come from large franchises?

Even if we are making the argument that DC's not invested in Dick right now then why go to the effort of even finding a replacement when they can just let him and his title keep chugging along. Even with the awful Ric that bled readers Nightwing is still a better seller than some.
    I doubt a replacement taking over Nightwing would do so well even if it's Damian in the position it'll still tank because the set up is wrong and fans are upset.

I don't see Dick retiring and in the unlikely event that he does then he shouldn't be replaced.

Nightwing #72
    Written by Dan Jurgens
    Art by Ronan Cliquet
    Cover by Travis Moore
    May 5th, 2020.

Jesus what the heck is wrong with DC?

Extraordinary Member

Nightwing #72
    Written by Dan Jurgens
    Art by Ronan Cliquet
    Cover by Travis Moore
    May 5th, 2020.

It says dick Grayson

Remember, he got his memories back last month. He just lacks the emotional attachment to them as he can't tell them from his fake ones. And that's clearly continued from April's Batgirl issue. Presumably he's starting to realise the truth, and that's why he's happy to let Babs help. She has a perfect memory, if she can somehow train Dick to function the same way, it would cure him. Also, it looks like "Ric"'s supporting cast has been eliminated.

The annual, in which he seems to be fully restored, must be set after the ongoing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

We are aware Dick is coming back. But it’s clearly being stretched still.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It says dick Grayson
    It’s bait, read it till the end.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-13-2020 at 09:27 AM.