Page 42 of 233 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

'Bleeding Cool now understands that yes, DiDio was fired this morning by Warner Bros at 10.30am PT in their Burbank offices and he left the building straight away. I am told by sources close to the situation that he was fired, for cause, for 'fostering a poor work environment'

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...ave-dc-comics/

I’m curious what State would make sense for Bludhaven to be in?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-22-2020 at 11:46 PM.

Same one as Gotham, it's not meant to be very far away. Just a bridge separating them (same as Burnside, the place Batgirl called home for a while). Tim Drake went abroad, came back to find Gotham on fire. His plane was diverted to Bludhaven. Which is like a plane headed for Heathrow getting redirected to Gatwick (both are in London).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

But I mean shouldn’t thr bridge bit far but also close? I keep going back and forth. I mean the fact is yea he was raised in Gotham but his personality doesn’t fit it. Most cities fit the characters. So shouldn’t Bludhaven be more a mix

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Same one as Gotham, it's not meant to be very far away. Just a bridge separating them
    It’s a bit further than that - or was, anyway. Back in the days when Dick originally moved there he could get on his motorbike and get from there to Gotham in under an hour when the call for an all-books crossover and crisis went out. It’s been a couple of years since I last read through that period, so I can’t remember if it’s ever said explicitly, but I got the feeling it was about 30 miles away down the coast, which is far enough away to operate independently but also close enough for it to be plausible that Dick could hang out with Tim, Babs, Bruce and Alfred in Gotham at the same time as he was having independent adventures of his own.

Different maps put the cities in different places. Sometimes Metropolis is in Kansas, sometimes it's in a East coast state. Gotham is likewise put in different places, though it's almost always East coast I believe.

I imagine Gotham is in New Jersey, simply because it seems fitting to me thematically. Bludhaven is somewhere near there, maybe also in Jersey, maybe in New York or wherever.

The city is established as being very close to Gotham, but I think Dixon put it way too close. You could drive from Gotham to Bludhaven faster than you could drive from one end of Gotham to the other end, and that doesn't sit right with me. Might as well make Bludhaven a neighborhood in Gotham if it's that close. I like to think of Bludhaven as being a few hours away; close enough for Dick to get there if there's an emergency (or just to visit) but far enough for Dick to still stand on his own outside of Bruce's shadow.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-23-2020 at 09:32 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The one thing I often wonder is maybe how much crime should actually happen in Bludhaven? I mean often the city either looks like Las Vegas or something else. Maybe it should be something like it looks safe but it’s not. I often thing maybe it should be a big spot for film studios. To fit with Dick’s entertainment background. That maybe the city looks perfectly fit things look good it’s really at night

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Different maps put the cities in different places. Sometimes Metropolis is in Kansas, sometimes it's in a East coast state. Gotham is likewise put in different places, though it's almost always East coast I believe.

I imagine Gotham is in New Jersey, simply because it seems fitting to me thematically. Bludhaven is somewhere near there, maybe also in Jersey, maybe in New York or wherever.

The city is established as being very close to Gotham, but I think Dixon put it way too close. You could drive from Gotham to Bludhaven faster than you could drive from one end of Gotham to the other end, and that doesn't sit right with me. Might as well make Bludhaven a neighborhood in Gotham if it's that close. I like to think of Bludhaven as being a few hours away; close enough for Dick to get there if there's an emergency (or just to visit) but far enough for Dick to still stand on his own outside of Bruce's shadow.
    New York seems unlikely, because the New Teen Titans, who became pariahs when their tower was destroyed, lived there, so if that's where Bludhaven was then they wouldn't have liked having Nightwing around.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I mean generally, in most cases it's New Jersey for Gotham and New York for Metropolis However, it has changed from time to time. Where I think Gotham was in Delaware. I mean what would be the pro and cons of having Dick not being in the same State? He is still close but far away. I mean looking at the map he could easily live in Pen sate, Maryland. They are close yet their own thing. We also have conn

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean generally, in most cases it's New Jersey for Gotham and New York for Metropolis However, it has changed from time to time. Where I think Gotham was in Delaware. I mean what would be the pro and cons of having Dick not being in the same State? He is still close but far away. I mean looking at the map he could easily live in Pen sate, Maryland. They are close yet their own thing. We also have conn
    There's really no benefit to establishing these cities in any particular location or state. Between zeta beams, Boom Tubes, Batmobiles, super-sonic flight, etc., any distance can be crossed in no time at all. And that's assuming you even care enough to track that sort of thing, and comics usually don't. If they don't worry about why Batman is in a full body cast in Justice League, lost in the Amazon jungle in 'Tec, and losing his city to Bane all at the same time, no one is gonna care how long it takes to drive from Bludhaven to Metropolis or Gotham either.

It's nice to have a vague, ballpark idea of where the cities are, just for the nerdy fun of it, but it's really a non-issue. If they establish a city as being "a few hours from this other city" that's good enough for me. I'm far more concerned with the quality of the story than small details like this.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

True. It should be how Bludhaven works. How similar and should it be. Any idea? My idea is everything happens at night. That it’s not wanting to lay out it’s crime in daylight. They make sure to clean any blood or body

Man just give Bludhaven to tim or cass or something, Bludhaven show the problem with nightwing. Still to close and the same as the bigger ip it spinning out from.

Nightwing needs to be different from batman. Right now nightwing is as different from batman as bludhaven is from Gotham meaning just the same lesser cheap version.

Nightwing should be more and bigger than that. Listening to some nightwing fans makes me think they just want nightwing in bludhaven with the batfamily, nothing more than just one of batman's many sidekicks and supporting character's.

So what's the point of him being nightwing just have him be Robin again then.

So the best thing would be changing things. What if he was a PI? He gets to travel a lot . He gets to fight crime. The only issue and it’s still a issue he still needs a stable living Situation. So Bludhaven doesn’t have crime. He just lives there and travels to fight crime

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Man just give Bludhaven to tim or cass or something, Bludhaven show the problem with nightwing. Still to close and the same as the bigger ip it spinning out from.

Nightwing needs to be different from batman. Right now nightwing is as different from batman as bludhaven is from Gotham meaning just the same lesser cheap version.

Nightwing should be more and bigger than that. Listening to some nightwing fans makes me think they just want nightwing in bludhaven with the batfamily, nothing more than just one of batman's many sidekicks and supporting character's.

So what's the point of him being nightwing just have him be Robin again then.
    On the list of things that make Nightwing seem like batman lite bludhaven is no 1052.
    On the list of things that lead to him being treated like a batman supporting character 'The actual root of all the characters issues and the thing that holds him back' bludhaven isn't even a factor.

Bludhaven makes zero difference to him being close to the Bat Ip. Nightwing a non-powered costumed hero is always going to share to similarities with Batman.
    All the Bat characters are pretty much Batman lite including the metas and the 'anti heroes'

Red Robin doesn't have a city yet it's more batman like than Nightwing has ever been

The city isn't the issue.

Nightwing is.

Agent 37 was the sweet spot but I don't know how marketable in the long term that is.

The city nor Nightwing is the problem. The creative vision is. Bludhaven is a symptom, not a cause. It exists to felicitate a traditional format that makes it more convenient for them to produce quick and easy content in a factory like manner.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-23-2020 at 05:22 PM.