Page 46 of 233 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Overall while I don't hate Dick x Babs. I don't like it how everything has to be within the family. I really want there to be more than just Dick x Babs or Babsx Bruce. I mean is Dick with someone right now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Overall while I don't hate Dick x Babs. I don't like it how everything has to be within the family. I really want there to be more than just Dick x Babs or Babsx Bruce. I mean is Dick with someone right now?
    So what do you want ?

I mean I like Kori and Dick. But I thought Dick had other serious relationships. Same with Babs. I don’t hate these pairings it’s just sometimes they made Dick a Dick. Cheats on one with the other. Just keep Dick single if they are going to keep him a cheat with the two

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Even if this is satire, my point is people can’t even tell the difference between the old Nightwing and their new Nightwing. As this satire inadvertently demonstrates. Illustrating what an ineffective waste of time those on it last two years of work has been. It’d be funny if it wasn’t sad.
    Well that's true enough. Though admittedly, as far as the art goes, it's a white dude with dark hair in a Nightwing costume. They all look the same (artists seem to have like, two-three stock images and they just change the hair and costume). That could be Bruce or Clark in the costume, yknow?

But you don't have to convince me this whole Ric thing was a waste of time. I'll be glad when it's over.

Also, on the returned topic of love interests? The only correct answer is Power Girl.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Overall while I don't hate Dick x, Babs. I don't like it how everything has to be within the family. I really want there to be more than just Dick x Babs or Babsx Bruce. I mean is Dick with someone right now?
    Bea

I mean I like Kori and Dick. But I thought Dick had other serious relationships. Same with Babs. I don’t hate these pairings it’s just sometimes they made Dick a Dick. Cheats on one with the other. Just keep Dick single if they are going to keep him a cheat with the two
    Okay, where have you been hanging out? The number of comic book issues where he cheats, or listed women like a player is literally three out of a thousand but some anti shippers like to bring them up to show that Dick's a cheater, manwhore or womanizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Also, on the returned topic of love interests? The only correct answer is Power Girl.
    Time for this image again?

«Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Incredible Member

Or Zatanna.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Or Zatanna.
    Why are people upset that raven has been aged down so to a point where she can be a peer to Damian
    But forget zatanna was one to Bruce? Or even Barbra for that matter

Cause humans aren’t a hive mind

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why are people upset that raven has been aged down so to a point where she can be a peer to Damian
    Not just a peer, a love interest - at least in the cartoons.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Cartoons are a powerful thing. Zatanna's brief love interest with Dick in YJ was hella cute. And then Dick and Babs in BtaS.

Yeah power girl or zatanna would be great. I like babs as a character but not a love interest for nightwing.

Dick needs someone who isn't strongly tied to the bat mythos. It makes him into a glorified sidekick, I mean look at his solo right now.

He's fighting batman's villains, batfamily supporting character that some fans want all the time and a bat mythos love interest is just to much, there's a huge dcu out there.

Nightwing ends up nothing more than a batman side book. Dick deserves better and nightwing deserves more than everything batman side character/book.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 02-26-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Yeah power girl or zatanna would be great. I like babs as a character but not a love interest for nightwing.

Dick needs someone who isn't strongly tied to the bat mythos. It makes him into a glorified sidekick, I mean look at his solo right now.

He's fighting batman's villains, batfamily supporting character that some fans want all the time and a bat mythos love interest is just to much, there's a huge dcu out there.

Nightwing ends up nothing more than a batman side book. Dick deserves better and nightwing deserves more than everything batman side character/book.
    It’s not the the bat mythos it’s just the office

Ya, it’s not fair to blame the Bat mythos for bad writing and lazy creators who keep retelling the same Gotham villain comes to Bludhaven bit. Not that Dick doesn’t need to get the hell out of that current umbrella right now.

Really they should have used some Bluhaven villains, even though I know Bludhaven villains are not the cream of the crop. Still the whole premise behind them ripping off We Are Robin was that Bludhaven needed Nightwings. Yet all they do is recycle fighting against Gotham villains for the most part.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-26-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm not blaming the bat mythos, just pointing out that if all the important roles in nightwing ( love interest, support characters and villains) are being filled with someone else's mythos batman's. It limits dick greatly and leaves him as a glorified sidekick.

I mean what was the point in making him nightwing if everything about him is going to be batman.