Page 48 of 233 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

What if Dick just went back to Haley Circus? He would Travel and not be in one city. He can return to bludhaven when the circus returns

Or Bludhaven can work but why not have Nightwing be in the entertainment industry
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-29-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Not exactly helpful with his secret identity, is it? If Nightwing appeared in every place the circus did, it would seem pretty obvious that he himself is part of the circus.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

True. He could be part of a acrobat team in bluhaven. I mean other than acrobatics. What other field could work. If we were to go to the entertainment field for Grayson which would work? I mean Bludhaven shouldn’t be trying to be a ripoff of Gotham. Rather a mix of Gotham and Metropolis. If we take one of the best or worst part than maybe Bluhaven can work. I mean Metropolis is way safety and clean. The worst part of metropolis? Gotham is really just crime

Bludhaven can’t be Gotham since Dick ain’t Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not exactly helpful with his secret identity, is it? If Nightwing appeared in every place the circus did, it would seem pretty obvious that he himself is part of the circus.
    I mean, it would depend on how well known Dick is wouldn't it? And how visible Nightwing is.

If Dick is a main attraction and he's got posters with "The Flying Grayson" all over town, and then Nightwing shows up ten minutes later shaking hands with people and posing for selfies, then yeah that *could* become a problem.

But if Nightwing isn't putting himself out there for the public to see? Then at most he's just a blurry photograph someone snapped of some random vigilante (of which the DCU has tons) and there's no real reason to connect that to Dick.

Besides, it's the DCU. No one figures out that Superman, who makes his home in Metropolis, looks exactly like Clark Kent, who also lives in Metropolis. No one figures out that Batman must go through so much money that only a handful of people could afford to be him, and ultra rich Bruce Wayne came back to town just when Batman first debuted. If people aren't going to put these things together, then I doubt they'd put together Dick Grayson's identity either.

As for Ami's question; yeah I'd support Dick returning to Haly's. It's one of the few things that is well and truly his
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I mean, it would depend on how well known Dick is wouldn't it? And how visible Nightwing is.

If Dick is a main attraction and he's got posters with "The Flying Grayson" all over town, and then Nightwing shows up ten minutes later shaking hands with people and posing for selfies, then yeah that *could* become a problem.

But if Nightwing isn't putting himself out there for the public to see? Then at most he's just a blurry photograph someone snapped of some random vigilante (of which the DCU has tons) and there's no real reason to connect that to Dick.

Besides, it's the DCU. No one figures out that Superman, who makes his home in Metropolis, looks exactly like Clark Kent, who also lives in Metropolis. No one figures out that Batman must go through so much money that only a handful of people could afford to be him, and ultra rich Bruce Wayne came back to town just when Batman first debuted. If people aren't going to put these things together, then I doubt they'd put together Dick Grayson's identity either.

As for Ami's question; yeah I'd support Dick returning to Haly's. It's one of the few things that is well and truly his
    yeah and move zatanna to bludhaven to help sell it as a entertainment city and a star performer.

Give zee something outside of JLD.

Zee, for sure. I never complain about her showing up somewhere.

Could bring in Mister Miracle, or Black Canary, boxing matches with Ted Grant....there's some interesting guest star possibilities.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So has anyone seen the Nightwing's Escrima stick props by NECA displayed at the New York Toy Fair. img_7334.jpg

If he returns to Haly's how should it be handled? I feel maybe there could be there. Haley Circus works in two ways. Doing the winter they stay in Bludhaven and other seasons they travel. This also makes me wonder how will Dick get his tech in hiding? WHat criminals will he hunt down?

There's no going back to Haley's. Not with the Court of Owls story.

I mean DC has been retconning many things. But I'm just saying in general. What if there were to be a rewrite. A what-if. Things can't go on like this for Nightwing. I mean if he did stay in Bludhaven the city needs to match him. How do you rewrite this city? I say colorful and cheer in the morning but to match nightwings terrible and scary.

They tried to rewrite the city, lasted one or two creators before they brought in their good old boys and generic artists who didn't really care, and so just ignored it and reverted right back to the bland boring looking city we currently see in his book. They proven it a pointless endeavor.

And Haley's has been too corrupted now. The Court are too popular, and they need Haley's to be a place of hidden horror. Dick can't go home again, cause his home is now a lie.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-29-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    So has anyone seen the Nightwing's Escrima stick props by NECA displayed at the New York Toy Fair. img_7334.jpg
    These are nice.

In other words what’s the point of trying to fix Nightwing ? I mean the court of owls are more Batman than Nightwing. If we want a court it has to be one that makes sense. Dick could just be a Private Investigator. That’s the only other way. Or just straight up reboot

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    There's no going back to Haley's. Not with the Court of Owls story.
    Even if that's still in continuity, or will be after the next round of retcons and reboots, that sort of thing is pretty easy to undo.

I mean, this is DC. They've completely and utterly changed every facet of Krypton, often within a continuity. Haly's isn't a challenge. And given how the Court has been written lately, with all the stupid, pointless, nonsensical plots they've been behind, you could say the whole Haly's thing from the New52 was some weird Court plot, and not even have to worry about it making sense.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    In other words what’s the point of trying to fix Nightwing ? I mean the court of owls are more Batman than Nightwing. If we want a court it has to be one that makes sense. Dick could just be a Private Investigator. That’s the only other way. Or just straight up reboot
    There is no point in going backwards, trying “fix” the character old pitfalls. That has proven to just be an excuse for the current Bat office to get away with being lazy. They fix Nightwing by moving on to trying new pastures. With fresh creators and new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Even if that's still in continuity, or will be after the next round of retcons and reboots, that sort of thing is pretty easy to undo.

I mean, this is DC. They've completely and utterly changed every facet of Krypton, often within a continuity. Haly's isn't a challenge. And given how the Court has been written lately, with all the stupid, pointless, nonsensical plots they've been behind, you could say the whole Haly's thing from the New52 was some weird Court plot, and not even have to worry about it making sense.
    The Haley’s thing from the New 52 was a weird Court plot, yet nevertheless important to the Court’s mythology. It’s not something I see them undoing as they seem to value the Court. It’s also their lazy go to with Dick.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-01-2020 at 09:19 AM.