Page 5 of 233 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Steph was Robin for like 3 issues 15 years ago, but keeps that title. Dick was Batman and an Agent of Spyral for nearly 2 years each but loses those?
    Fair enough, they should've trimmed her down to just Spoiler and Batgirl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I couldn't care less about what Nightwing ties into or why the Joker is appearing. It is all so completely tone deaf. It is like painting up rotten food to make it look edible and then serving it to people. The food is still rotten. They haven't fixed the book or how the book is looked at or treated at DC. I don't care about the Batman line being "cohesive" or another dumb Batman event regardless if Dick starts to call himself Nightwing again from it. Dick has been treated like crap in basically every Batman or DC event he is dragged into. Dick not calling himself Nightwing or Dick are the least of his problems, imo.

Dick has basically been running around as Nightwing since this Ric story started just without the name anyway. He's a costumed hero in all aspects. It is all just so pointless. Them dragging out his transition back so they can probably market it in some eye catching way to trick readers into thinking it is important so they buy it churns my stomach.

Sorry if this post sounds super bitter, but it is all so frustrating. Until they drop everyone involved in the current title and put some younger creators who have some interesting or wild ideas to try out, and keep the book far away from any other books or events, it is tough to have any real hope.

Happy 2020 to my favorite Robin, favorite former sidekick (and plain old sidekick) and second favorite member of the Bat Family, bar none.

I hope this is the year Nightwing FINALLY gets back on track as a character. *nervously crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Hopefully, He gets more elsewhere stories or at least a black label

Tynion said he was going to bring back Nightwing, now he talks about this summer event, involving the Batfam. Looks like Dick is coming back just before this big event. I hope with a new writer.

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Tynion said he was going to bring back Nightwing, now he talks about this summer event, involving the Batfam. Looks like Dick is coming back just before this big event. I hope with a new writer.
    I hope they ignore the pervious story. The next question is who should be the next writer

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Poor Donna...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I hope they ignore the pervious story. The next question is who should be the next writer
    A new writer along with the end of Ric is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Poor Donna...
    Indeed, poor Donna lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    A new writer along with the end of Ric is a must.
    Ain't that the truth (on both counts).

I hope things pick back up and we get good stories.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    My dream writer is Priest, but DC refused his pitch. Right now I'm fine with everybody except Jurgens, Abnett and Lobdell, but Dick truly needs a top writer. Even Snyder said he wanted to write a Nightwing run!

Hell I’ll take a new indies dude at this point. Anyone other then these protected, bottom of the charts, out of touch dudes. Who just excel at the art of quick work and dragging ass with their old school, boring ass, factory like techniques and ideas.

Ideally at this point they should cancel the book and get pitches. But that would require far too much work then anyone in the current Bat office is willing to put in on Nightwing. I hate saying this, and im so tired of being so negative, but I see no reason not to expect more of the same. Them doing the bare minimum of what they have to, with whomever they have around. Cause why wouldn’t they. The only people upset with the work done with Ric are readers.

The same people also responsible for Ric just aren’t all of a sudden going to not be terrible and struggle at very basics like they have since even before Ric.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-06-2020 at 02:59 AM.

Priest on Nightwing would've been dope, do we know what exactly his pitch was?