Page 51 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

EDIT: Oh, I didn't think *you* were saying this about Punchline being Dick's big bad, I meant a general "you" not you you specifically. Sorry if there was a miscommunication!
    Oh your cool no problem, I just set in my shower crying for 3 hours.

I have been wondering. What black label story could work for Dick? A what-if or a storyline you would like to see expanded on?

Okay no to the circus it's too outdated? What about simply being a tutor? There are still acrobats around? Or a dancer. I do think the entertainment industry is the choice for Dick. That or PI. I mean a stuntman can work for Dick.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-03-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I have been wondering. What black label story could work for Dick? A what-if or a storyline you would like to see expanded on?

Okay no to the circus it's too outdated? What about simply being a tutor? There are still acrobats around? Or a dancer. I do think the entertainment industry is the choice for Dick. That or PI. I mean a stuntman can work for Dick.
    I don't know about Black Label in particular, but I wouldn't mind Elseworlds where it focused on say, Dick's kids in some sort of shenanigans. Could be Mar'i and Jake, could be the Earth 2 son he had with Babs, could be Batman Beyond daughter... There's a lot of potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Oh your cool no problem, I just set in my shower crying for 3 hours.
    >phew!< I was afraid you were gonna take it personally. Glad we dodged that bullet!

I'd think the most obvious choice would be a sexy, Bond style noir story. Not necessarily with Spyral, but along the "super spy" lines.

I'd like to see a retro pulp Nightwing set in the mid-late 40's. Just after the war perhaps.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I just want something epic! Nightwing was created as a titan not a bat solo so I believe dick as nightwing should be having more epic titan style story. That's one of the things that made Grayson work was having fun adventures all over the DCU.

Incredible Member

Does anyone know if DC management actually reads this forum?
    We have rabid Dick fans, who have felt unhappy and ignored for several years; we are all united in wanting more for Grayson.
    But there doesn’t seem to be much response from the company.

I’m not sure DC management even knows about the internet.

If I had my way nightwing would be in a different office and his solo would be a globetrotting espionage team up book with characters character like Wally, Donna and Superman teaming up.
    Great idea! Maybe they could revive either DC Comics Presents or The Brave & the Bold, and have Dick be the headliner.

Ok small rent but I was reading the 5g threads and it's sad how so many fans see nightwing as a stepping stone to batman. Even a lot of fan has come to view nightwing as a sidekick.

It why I what nightwing out of the bat office so much. DC has turn nightwing back into robin in a lot of fans eyes.

It would be great to see nightwing develop into a main hero with his own mythos one day but right now he's just a support character and dick deserves better.

And the whole point of the Nightwing identity was to distance Dick from being seen as a sidekick.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Does anyone know if DC management actually reads this forum?
    We have rabid Dick fans, who have felt unhappy and ignored for several years; we are all united in wanting more for Grayson.
    But there doesn’t seem to be much response from the company.
    Some pro's pop in now and then. Busiek has a whole Q&A thread on the Marvel forums and seems to post fairly regularly.

And I *think* DC does have someone who keeps half an eye on forums and social media. But places like this aren't really a metric for the whole fandom; we're at best one small variable in a much larger equation. I mean, just look at Ric. This forum hated it with the burning passion of a thousand suns before it even began, but sales held mostly steady for what, the first year of Ric? By the same token, we hated the idea of Grayson at first, then ended up loving it. But the sales were high at first, then returned to normal. So what we say here doesn't really carry much weight.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ok small rent but I was reading the 5g threads and it's sad how so many fans see nightwing as a stepping stone to batman. Even a lot of fan has come to view nightwing as a sidekick.
    Get me a job in the editor's office and I'll fix this sh*t up quick.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Some pro's pop in now and then. Busiek has a whole Q&A thread on the Marvel forums and seems to post fairly regularly.

And I *think* DC does have someone who keeps half an eye on forums and social media. But places like this aren't really a metric for the whole fandom; we're at best one small variable in a much larger equation. I mean, just look at Ric. This forum hated it with the burning passion of a thousand suns before it even began, but sales held mostly steady for what, the first year of Ric? By the same token, we hated the idea of Grayson at first, then ended up loving it. But the sales were high at first, then returned to normal. So what we say here doesn't really carry much weight.
    To put Ric into perspective, sales weren't good to begin with on the title at the time. So that sales remain steady at those lows is indicative to a negative reaction. The goal was to get the book off its floor with the stunt. Not flat line them at those lows. Also remember books are ordered months in advanced, and no one knew what they were doing with Nightwing beyond rumors as leaks as they kept it under wraps for the Batman issue. So we wouldn't see an immediate drop.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-04-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And the whole point of the Nightwing identity was to distance Dick from being seen as a sidekick.
    Unless your in the trinity, everyone is a sidekick to batman tho

Astonishing Member

Black Label I'm not sure. I mean I could drum up a notion pretty quickly, I think ... you get a Black Label run you can get a little artsy with it. Things to avoid? Stories where parallel stories of his time as Robin have something to do with something that's happening Now! My god! The past comes back to haunt you ... with retcons! Every damn story these days.

But I think a story where he tries to become a nighttime vigilante in Metropolis for a month would make for some good comedy.

As for what I think would be good for Dick's future, Black Label, or otherwise ... presently that's easy as hell.

Black Knight of Checkmate. Checkmate is being overtly put back together carefully in the DCU right now. It's almost assuredly going to feature this new King, they just hired the Toyman, Steve Trevor is there, we've got Lois Lane's involvement, Ollie, Kate Spencer, Jessica Midnight getting back in the game, Renee Montoya. Sasha Bordeaux has been seen recently. Probably get Helena Bertinelli in there. So on and so on and so forth. Dick should 100% be one of the Black Knights and one of the profile characters, the protagonists. Plus setting Dick as one of the Black Knights, opposite Steve Trevor who is so overtly a White Knight, would make for a really cool dynamic as well.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com