Page 55 of 233 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by twiztor View Post
    Ric's still not sure which memories are real?
    the Court of Owls implanted memories that he killed Bruce Wayne. Is Wayne alive? if yes, those memories are false. case closed.
    We talked about it last issue, it is obvious which memories are real they are dragging him with the idiot stick.
    If he has to sneak into a secret hideout of mysterious organization whose leader posed as his doctor then it’s clear where the truth is

Batman, Robin, and Batgirl all got mentioned on Coronation Street today (Wed 11 March). Roy Cropper even explained that Robin was Dick Grayson, the Boy Wonder.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Nightwing's not his own hero. Hell just look at who's logo is on his book.
    I guess he never will sense he is really the most popular of the Robins. Plus Dc can’t write him. All I’m saying if Bruce is gone is he the next guy to lead and is that a bad thing? By gone I mean sometimes Bruce goes away to other places to fight some of his villains. When it comes to Nightwing what should be boundaries when it comes having him in Batman books?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I guess he never will sense he is really the most popular of the Robins. Plus Dc can’t write him. All I’m saying if Bruce is gone is he the next guy to lead and is that a bad thing? By gone I mean sometimes Bruce goes away to other places to fight some of his villains. When it comes to Nightwing what should be boundaries when it comes having him in Batman books?
    I'd be more or less okay with Dick being treated as the heir apparent to Batman, second in command, most trusted lieutenant, et c if it was a role DC respected, but they don't. Also, as Dick has already had a run as batman, when creators want to do their own Bruce-incapacitate story, they want someone other than Dick so that they can do something new.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

NIGHTWING #73
    On sale June 17, 2020
    The Joker knows Dick Grayson is Nightwing—and the plans he’s set in motion in will haunt Batman forever. Under the control of The Joker’s mysterious ally Punchline, Nightwing must battle the people he once loved most: Batgirl, the Robins, and…himself.
    Written by DAN JURGENS
    Art by RONAN CLIQUET
    Cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    Variant cover by ALAN QUAH
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    Same plot?
    Same plot.
    *Waves* Same plot!
    *Points* Same plot!!
    *yells* Same plot!
    *Desk throw* Are you kidding me what?! this is like the fourth time his return is postponed and now just to make the same thing?! Even if it still hasn't beat the record of New 52 Superman getting brainwashed four times in two years to the point his death feels like a mercy kill, and it doesn't surprise me that they keep doing this because apparently this title still sells higher than other titles who has the hero not undergoing this thing, also after DC promoted 100 variant covers and Wedding Album for a wedding that's not happening I know there's no limit to their audacity, could you at least be a little more self-aware... no, cancel that... we already way past that line we can't even see it from here... could you at least dress him in Joker's color so he doesn't look like he's cosplaying Bucky using the wrong reference?!

This book is just in a holding pattern until either 5G hits or the Bat-line gets a relaunch. It'll be summer at the earliest, if not fall, before DC changes gears. It's not even worth getting angry about anymore. In fact, it's almost impressive how DC has remained so intentionally deaf and intent on dragging this out no matter what the fans want. I mean, if it wasn't horrible business you'd almost have to admire how stubborn stupid they've been about Ric.

But I would really appreciate Jim Lee or someone dropping some information about their plans for Nightwing. Didio hated the character, but can we expect better from the new (sole) publisher? Or will Dick just be swept aside for 5G while someone else takes over the mantle?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Your right. I guess it’s just hard to accept there is just that little creative integrity with those on the book.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-12-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This book is just in a holding pattern until either 5G hits or the Bat-line gets a relaunch. It'll be summer at the earliest, if not fall, before DC changes gears. It's not even worth getting angry about anymore. In fact, it's almost impressive how DC has remained so intentionally deaf and intent on dragging this out no matter what the fans want. I mean, if it wasn't horrible business you'd almost have to admire how stubborn stupid they've been about Ric.

But I would really appreciate Jim Lee or someone dropping some information about their plans for Nightwing. Didio hated the character, but can we expect better from the new (sole) publisher? Or will Dick just be swept aside for 5G while someone else takes over the mantle?
    This made me laugh, because it's so true. You DO almost have to congratulate DC on staying the course on one of the worst creative ideas in a long, long time.
    No matter the fan outrage, drop in monthly numbers, and universal hatred for the Ric storyline, DC remains steadfast in telling the storyline nobody wants.
    It's like watching a train head PROUDLY toward a cliff, monumentally confident in it's resolve!

It's even more impressive when DC usually turns tail and runs as soon as any small amount of criticism is thrown their way. Like, people at DC panicked so hard they had to be hospitalized at the first negative mention of Bat-penis, but Ric? They won't be deterred from telling this brilliant and game changing story no matter how awful it is or how much money they lose!

It really is almost commendable.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

There are some people DC has been consistent with not balking with. It’s still gets me how they rushed to remove Esquivel, yet they were pairing him with Lobdell LoL.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-12-2020 at 01:36 PM.

At this point they need to reboot him. Make all of this some nightmare. That all this Ric story was just him in a coma

I just checked the wiki of Titans. There are only two series of Titans before the reboot? One with Raven and one without Raven? So they all lumped with Teen Titans wiki since the members are graduates of Teen Titans?

Man, they're a lost cause. Since half of the popular members are former teen, former sidekick, and still using the same team name as the Teen version, it's a triple whammy of not being considered an independent adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I just checked the wiki of Titans. There are only two series of Titans before the reboot? One with Raven and one without Raven? So they all lumped with Teen Titans wiki since the members are graduates of Teen Titans?

Man, they're a lost cause. Since half of the popular members are former teen, former sidekick, and still using the same team name as the Teen version, it's a triple whammy of not being considered an independent adult.
    the titans franchise is a teen/sidekick franchise. The only people who don't see that are titans generation fans

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

New Teen Titans eventually became just New Titans, so I'd say that counts as well. Also, there was actually two different Titans teams in the final pre-Flashpoint series. Originally it was a New Teen Titans reunion book, but after about a year it started falling apart, as Nightwing became Batman, and he and Donna both joined the Justice League. They ended up doing a few solo spotlight issues and then retooled it in issue 24 with a new team formed by Deathstroke.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    New Teen Titans eventually became just New Titans, so I'd say that counts as well. Also, there was actually two different Titans teams in the final pre-Flashpoint series. Originally it was a New Teen Titans reunion book, but after about a year it started falling apart, as Nightwing became Batman, and he and Donna both joined the Justice League. They ended up doing a few solo spotlight issues and then retooled it in issue 24 with a new team formed by Deathstroke.
    East, West, and Terror?