Page 56 of 233 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Not two at the same time. One replaced the other.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What's the point of having the same story told? I mean someone told me Jim hates Dick just has much. But I hope this writer was because these were due to before Dan left and things will get better.

My guess is Dick was suppose to come back at the end of the Talon arc, but then King got the boot and the new Bat writer came on board with this Joker event and they thought Dick’s return would add more weight to the event if they do it there. So rather then come up with a wholly new story they are recreating the same conditions as before so they can fill that time between then and the event, but then still do the same thing they more or less were gonna do at the end of the Talon arc. I’m also guessing that is why the upcoming annual has Dick back as Nightwing. Cause that lame Condor crap, with Dick just going back into his old suit to do same old same old, is what they originally were gonna do after the Talon arc. And unfortunately I believe it’s what we can look forward to after the Joker event now.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-13-2020 at 07:05 PM.

I bet you're right. Issue #68 has two artist, Moore for only 8 pages, and Cliquet for the others. My thoughts were that the issue was a puzzle of different scenes, like Jurgens planned to do something, than got scraped and rewrote the battle.
    Tynion's run is going to end in july, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    My guess is Dick was suppose to come back at the end of the Talon arc, but then King got the boot and the new Bat writer came on board with this Joker event and they thought Dick’s return would add more weight to the event if they do it there. So rather then come up with a wholly new story they are recreating the same conditions as before so they can fill that time between then and the event, but then still do the same thing they more or less were gonna do at the end of the Talon arc. I’m also guessing that is why the upcoming annual has Dick back as Nightwing. Cause that lame Condor crap, with Dick just going back into his old suit to do same old same old, is what they originally were gonna do after the Talon arc. And unfortunately I believe it’s what we can look forward to after the Joker event now.
    Then they should postpone that annual for six months.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What's the point of having the same story told? I mean someone told me Jim hates Dick just has much. But I hope this writer was because these were due to before Dan left and things will get better.
    I don't know if I've ever seen Jim Lee mention Nightwing. No idea how he feels about the character, but he does seem to enjoy drawing the guy. So there's that, at least.

Didio has been gone for what, a month? It'll take time for any changes Lee makes as sole publisher to trickle down to the book shelves. Even if Lee is the biggest Nightwing fanboy you could ever imagine, comics take time to create and a change in plans requires even more time, since plans have to be dropped, new plans hatched, refined, approved, and then produced.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

There is no evidence at all that he hates Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't know if I've ever seen Jim Lee mention Nightwing. No idea how he feels about the character, but he does seem to enjoy drawing the guy. So there's that, at least.
    He said this five months ago, during NYCC.

“I assure you, I will protect Nightwing at all costs.”

https://twitter.com/aiptcomics/statu...694813704?s=21

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Then let’s hold him to it

I'll take it. That is, no matter what, better than we've had for a long time.

Of course, the real question is "protect him how?" Lee could "protect" Dick's role as Bruce's first and greatest sidekick and keep Dick tied to Bruce's hip. Or he could "protect" Nightwing by building him up as a solo IP with friends in Gotham and every other corner of the DCU.

But whether Dick is forced to stay in Gotham's orbit or gets to spread his wings and leave the nest (again) Lee "protecting" Dick is better than having Didio actively trying to put Dick's head on a pike.

I don't know what kind of publisher Lee is going to be. I fear he's going to have some of the same flaws Didio did, as far as creative outlook goes (mainly being too fond of the 90's). But I will sing the man's praises if he gives us quality Nightwing.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-14-2020 at 10:36 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

True. I hope after this storyline things go well for Dick. We get some better things coming his way. What writers should be on Nightwing

Dick'll probably go back to normal in issue 75, since Tynon said it would be during his run and it's a round number.

Let's see what's hold for him after that, i just want a good creative team with cool ideas.

Pretty cool video about the Robins with appearances of Marv Wolfman, Tim Seeley and others.

Dick'll probably go back to normal in issue 75, since Tynon said it would be during his run and it's a round number.
    When does that hit? Aren't we rumored to get 5G in October or so?

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    When does that hit? Aren't we rumored to get 5G in October or so?
    August should be 75.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    August should be 75.
    Ah thanks. So maybe a few months of relative normalcy before 5G hits, assuming those plans aren't completely undone by Didio leaving.

I'm very curious what that event is going to bring. Jon Kent as Superman? Luke Fox as Batman? Sure, whatever I guess? But what is it gonna do to guys like Dick? Even if there's a time skip he wouldn't be aged out of the role (unless it's a really big skip anyway). So him and his peers are going to be older and more experienced than the League, but they won't be the League? Where are they gonna fit?

I sort of expect Didio wanted them written out, but with him gone and Lee in charge? I can't wait to get title announcements and see what the hell this thing is actually going to be.

~ Black Panther.