Page 58 of 233 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

That Agent 37 preview was great. Man, what a step down Nightwing was. Would be cool if he becomes a Spy again but i won't hold my breath :/

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Agent 37! Man I miss that book so much.
    Right? So good! My son and I just started watching Young Justice season 3 again (nobody is going too far these next few weeks, need some way to pass the time) and between that show and this preview....man, I'm missing my awesome badass super spy Grayson right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Sounds like the Justice Society. And we know what happened to them first chance Didio had.
    I doubt Didio planned on the Titans generation having even as much presence as the JSA did. But Didio is gone, plans are changing, and the industry might very well find itself with some extra lead time, if distribution shuts down like everyone else. So who knows what we'll actually get come this fall? The odds might still be slim that anything substantially better will happen for Nightwing, but those odds are better now than they were a few months ago, and I'm gonna hope for the best.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    the industry might very well find itself with some extra lead time, if distribution shuts down like everyone else.
    Even if print distribution stops, nothing's stopping digital releases continuing on schedule.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
    That Agent 37 preview was great. Man, what a step down Nightwing was. Would be cool if he becomes a Spy again but i won't hold my breath :/
    Tell me about man. I love nightwing but outside of the name and costume it has nothing. Grayson gives dick an entire genre and corner of the DCU to play with. So much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Tell me about man. I love nightwing but outside of the name and costume it has nothing. Grayson gives dick an entire genre and corner of the DCU to play with. So much potential.
    That whole corner has been co-opted by Bendis and Leviathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That whole corner has been co-opted by Bendis and Leviathan.
    well I never said dick would own the corner I said play in it.

So get rid of Nightwing everyone is saying? Can't he both be Nightwing and a Spy? I mean Nightwing is more popular than having him be a spy. There are already too many spies in the media in movies and in comics. What makes him stand out. I know the same can be said about him being a costumed hero. But still. You get the right person and it's easy. The spy thing can just be bad in the wrong hands. I mean Dick already has training in Espionage. So really he can be a spy with or without working for an agency. I mean wasn't be doing that in Young Justice? Using Haley's Circus as a cover to look around?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-17-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So get rid of Nightwing everyone is saying? Can't he both be Nightwing and a Spy? I mean Nightwing is more popular than having him be a spy. There are already too many spies in the media in movies and in comics. What makes him stand out. I know the same can be said about him being a costumed hero. But still. You get the right person and it's easy. The spy thing can just be bad in the wrong hands. I mean Dick already has training in Espionage. So really he can be a spy with or without working for an agency. I mean wasn't be doing that in Young Justice? Using Haley's Circus as a cover to look around?
    He should be a spy as nightwing.

And so what if nightwing is more popular, it's most as a support character to batman and dick as robin is more popular than both. So should he go back to Robin?

Yes there are alot of spy's in media (because it's a cool concept) but how many of them has the crazy DCU as there playground?

The argument that Grayson or nightwing as a spy doesn't work because it could be bad in the wrong hands so why bother. I dont get that argument. You can say that about nightwing (I mean ric grayson anyone) superman, batman, wonder woman, justice league any book. Should dc not push those characters and book also or its just Grayson it has that problem.

Grayson is just better than nightwing.

DC will not get rid of Nightwing and you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Nightwing #70:
    spoilers:
    Joker got that crystal macguffin with Dicks memories. It's even more clear now that he'll get his memories back at the end of Joker War.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Drako; 03-18-2020 at 05:00 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    DC will not get rid of Nightwing and you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Nightwing #70:
    spoilers:
    Joker got that crystal macguffin with Dicks memories. It's even more clear now that he'll get his memories back at the end of Joker War.
    end of spoilers
    Wooww this is getting dragged to 2 yrs at this point. What did we do to deserve this

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Even if print distribution stops, nothing's stopping digital releases continuing on schedule.
    That's true. Production can be done from home, so I don't really see current events throwing a wrench into things as far as comics go, but you never know. But even then, 5G isn't supposed to hit until close to the end of the year, so any awful, Didio-fueled 5G plans for Dick could be changed before it hits the pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Wooww this is getting dragged to 2 yrs at this point. What did we do to deserve this
    We liked a character Didio didn't.

Oh, and put me down for "Nightwing: Super Spy" too. It's a great niche, DC barely does anything with it, and it fits Nightwing nicely. I don't know why DC backed off the idea. I get putting him back in costume; that was necessary, but dumping the entire spy angle seems like a massive waste.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-18-2020 at 07:33 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Nightwing #70:
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    When did I say dc should get rid of nightwing? I said nightwing should be more than a name and costume. But I guess alot of fans them some over glorified sidekick status quos.

The only thing worse then actually having read the inexcusable lazy trash of a story that is Ric, is having these bum writers explain it over and over every damn issue. I couldn’t imagine trying to read this lazy trash in trade form.

Ugh, anyway the issue was just more of moving at a snails pace. Most of the issue consists of telling readers the story so far, from Ric, to Talon, to the crystal. There is only like 4 pages that actually moves the plot along. Which is more or less how every issue under Jurgans goes.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-18-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The only thing worse then actually having read the inexcusable lazy trash of a story that is Ric, is having these bum writers explain it over and over every damn issue. I couldn’t imagine trying to read this lazy trash in trade form.
    […]
    Like Joker said: «If you have to explain a joke, there's no joke!»

The Robin anniversary on the other hand, I loved it. It was more the story of Nightwing then of Robin. I have to give it to them, the way it was set up and presented was well done. And I’ve been hard on all those years at one time or another, but I thought they did a cool job a presenting a snapshot of Nightwing and Dick’s progression from the days of Wolfman to Seeley/Grayson. Which was hilarious btw.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-18-2020 at 12:00 PM.