Page 60 of 233 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

You guys think for the first time there is going to be no Dick Grayson in the Harley animated series. Batgirl and Dick around age range . So it’s interesting to see. I guess she is in college.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-20-2020 at 11:24 AM.

What animated series?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Harley Quinn animated series

Incredible Member

Just read the "Grayson" story in the Robin special and my did it open up old wounds.
    Great story (true to the core of the character) fantastic art.
    Serves as a painful reminder of what we (and DC) had.
    Will give anything for a *Superboy Punch* and we get back to the Grayson era.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Harley Quinn animated series
    Oh right, Batgirl is showing up there.

Man, I can't wait for that to hit blu-ray. I've watched so many clips online I've probably seen the whole damn show now, but the day the blu-ray is in stores I'm buying it. I'll even risk going out in public to get it on release day!

And who's to say Nightwing won't make a cameo at some point as well?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Just read the "Grayson" story in the Robin special and my did it open up old wounds.
    Great story (true to the core of the character) fantastic art.
    Serves as a painful reminder of what we (and DC) had.
    Will give anything for a *Superboy Punch* and we get back to the Grayson era.
    Tell me about it. Grayson is so awesome!

But here's the thing, we can have grayson as nightwing! Nightwing can take the best elements from Grayson. Dick can pass bludhaven to Cassandra like at the end of pre-new 52 where Cassandra made bludhaven her new home. Or to stephanie, tim or Kate and dick moves on or still live in bludhaven as a home to rest.

Now Nightwing would be free to have Grayson style adventures as nightwing.

Nightwing should have these 3 Grayson style elements.
    1)globetrotting
    2)espionage
    3)regular team ups

You add those elements from grayson into nightwing and we'd have something special like Grayson again without losing nightwing.

Nightwing has the name and costume, but Grayson has the status quo and direction. Put them together and you've got YJ'O Nightwing!
    Last edited by WonderNight; 03-20-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Tell me about it. Grayson is so awesome!

But here's the thing, we can have grayson as nightwing! Nightwing can take the best elements from Grayson. Dick can pass bludhaven to Cassandra like at the end of pre-new 52 where Cassandra made bludhaven her new home. Or to stephanie, tim or Kate and dick moves on or still live in bludhaven as a home to rest.

Now Nightwing would be free to have Grayson style adventures as nightwing.

Nightwing should have these 3 Grayson style elements.
    1)globetrotting
    2)espionage
    3)regular team ups

You add those elements from grayson into nightwing and we'd have something special like Grayson again without losing nightwing.

Nightwing has the name and costume, but Grayson has the status quo and direction. Put them together and you've got YJ'O Nightwing!
    This sounds like a capital idea, save for the regular team-ups. I prefer my comic protagonists to live in their world with their own (non-hero) supporting cast. Just a personal preference.
    That said I reckon so long as Dick as in the Nightwing suit he'll be associated (by DC mainly) with Batman/ Gotham/ Bludhaven.
    Which is ironic because his graduation to Nightwing signified moving out of Batman's shadow.
    While there have been great interactions/relashionships with Damian and Alfred (I'm aware he was killed off); I'd sacrifice those to have Dick stay far far far away from anything Bat related.
    Last edited by Mr. White; 03-20-2020 at 02:49 PM.

I mean it technically is important to have some connections to Batfam. He was raised by Bruce. This is why I feel him going back to the Haley Circus make sense. He has the money and still can spy around. However, we don’t need to pass Bludhaven to anyone. Why not have it be Blüdhaven is safe city mostly. If Dick is somewhat Clarke and Bruce in a sense. Why not have Bludhaven be more like Metropolis.

Or at least a job that is possible. For example, stuntman or a PI
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-20-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    This sounds like a capital idea, save for the regular team-ups. I prefer my comic protagonists to live in their world with their own (non-hero) supporting cast. Just a personal preference.
    That said I reckon so long as Dick is in the Nightwing suit he'll be associated (by DC mainly) with Batman/ Gotham/ Bludhaven.
    Which is ironic because his graduation to Nightwing signified moving out of Batman's shadow.
    While there have been great interactions/relashionships with Damian and Alfred (I'm aware he was killed off); I'd sacrifice those to have Dick stay far far far away from anything Bat related.
    Ok semi-regular team ups.

Yeah the problem with dick primarily being associated Batman/ Gotham/ Bludhaven is that it defeats the whole point of him becoming Nightwing in the first place.

Nightwing needs to be more than just another bat.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 03-20-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean it technically is important to have some connections to Batfam. He was raised by Bruce. This is why I feel him going back to the Haley Circus make sense. He has the money and still can spy around. However, we don’t need to pass Bludhaven to anyone. Why not have it be Blüdhaven is safe city mostly. If Dick is somewhat Clarke and Bruce in a sense. Why not have Bludhaven be more like Metropolis.

Or at least a job that is possible. For example, stuntman or a PI
    It's because Batman has a city (the most famous one) is one of the main reasons why Nightwing struggles. If the bat franchise are LA Lakers and batman is shaq having nightwing be a mini shaq makes him very redundant. So let him be Kobe! Play a different position so they both can shine.

When you have Batman in Gotham/ Nightwing in Bludhaven is pointless to DC.

Sorry. When I speak of Bludhaven someone said Bludhaven should be passed to Cassie Cain. I was saying no need just let it fade away. Dick going there from time to time for other things. Dick is mainly on the road or the circus. Haley Circus is a perfect for. One idea I have is this. Haley Circus works with smaller circuses around the world. So for a long time Haley and other circuses host large events in many countries. This way Dick can search around. The thing is how is Dick going to look around for crimes? Than again it’s not hard for him to research places and in the time.

Incredible Member

Bruce is indisputably Dick’s mentor. And he rescued, and raised him.

He should always be a big part of Dick’s life. Many of us have had mentors... don’t we call them, have lunch, ask for advice?
    But that don’t show up at our workplace.

Dick should stay tight with Bruce, but Nightwing should not rely on Batman. I’d love to see a close relationship between these brothers, but Nightwing should work his cases alone.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post

He should always be a big part of Dick’s life. Many of us have had mentors... don’t we call them, have lunch, ask for advice?

Dick should stay tight with Bruce, but Nightwing should not rely on Batman. I’d love to see a close relationship between these brothers, but Nightwing should work his cases alone.

I agree. I 100% agree. This is why I kind of time issue with him having romantic relationships with Babs. Ot kind of ties him more to Bruce’s side. Anyone the most important thing is when makes a global traveling hero. Where does he get the money? A PI or Circus? Or maybe working as a stuntman?

If any of you were the editor for Nightwing would you limit how often he appeara in Batman events? I wouldn’t mind if he and Bruce would hanging out or something simple. It’s just that they often use Dick since he is more skilled.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-20-2020 at 11:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

We know that DC likes to interrupt on Dick's life, but has there ever been a character development regression? Specifically character development, not outside influence like someone shooting him or bombing his city

Anti New 52 Dick or Grayson says he's been depicted as less smart, boxed into The Charming One or The Sexy One, but is there anything before that?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post

You are a 110% correct...factually.

That said in the context we're discussing and in relation to the character (Batman) involved; there is no way his involvement would not overshadow and/or interrupt Grayson's progress/ development/ direction/ book.

Batman is DC's cash cow due to his popularity. Fact.
    His presence in comics is always hyped up for sales. It's what it is. I mean the mere existence of a Bat Family of 20+ characters lends truth to this...
    I mean at one point there were debates as to Black Canary being classified as a BatFam character. Like why?? Yes I know BoP is/was run by a former Batgirl but still... Stop it!

(Sorry mini-rant over)

I care way too much about Grayson to have Batman show up. Even the Grayson series I didn't like the fact that he was "undercover for Batman" but I lived with it. Mainly because his presence was limited albeit, still found it an interuption. Don't get me wrong I do like Bats (though if I'm honest earlier renditions more than the "modern" take) but he is an interuption.

This is why I say he should stay far away from them. I like the interactions with some of the BatFam but because a connection to one is a connection to Bats himself...I'd rather there isn't one. Or at least limit it to a page every 5-7 issues and only apearing on a screen to ask about how the family is doing...

Grayson was a good series and started finding (arguably "found") its feet. It had the potential to carve a niche in the spy sector of the DCU but of course...DC dropped the ball.

^^ Just my take of course.
    Last edited by Mr. White; 03-21-2020 at 02:24 AM.