Page 72 of 233 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3481

Cool, thanks.

I don't think miniseries should count, but Grayson should. I'd argue that a DickRobin solo should count too, but even though Dick had a number of solo adventures in the Golden Age those were just....backups? in other books I think? Or team ups? I forget, this stupid quarantine has turned my brain into mush.....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, only Tim and Damian have had books called Robin, Dick never had his own book until the 90s, long after he became Nightwing, even though he'd had his own feature in anthologies previously.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thanks for reminding me. I know all this but man, sitting around the house all day is doing a number on my brain. I wish I could claim "day drinking!" but I'm not even a night drinker.....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Retcon isn’t necessary, just ignore it and move on.
    Yep, this. Whatever brings back his Dick memories wipes out his Ric memories. It never needs to be mentioned again.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious would you guys want somewhat of a retcon after ric ends?
    I want a retcon. It has ruined my whole outlook on the Batfamily and the Titans. They essentially turned their back on someone who was shot in the head. Ric is insufferable but I mean surely they'd expect some personality changes after a TBI?

I know it's down to bad writing and planning but it makes the Batfamily and Titans look like either imbeciles or monsters. Babs has Dicks memories, a normal woman wouldn't forget that but Babs has an eidetic memory, so is she just sitting on that info to be a cow? I will never take it seriously when the Titans say "Titans together" or someone says Dick is the heart of the team/family/DCU.

There is no payoff coming that will make this arc worth it. Bruce will pat him on the head, Dick will ignore the fact that his family and friends are terrible people, probably apologize for the inconvenience he caused, then we'll go back to constantly changing creative teams, treading water until the next big event tie in. Sorry for the rant

Yeah, they should've shown Raven and Miss Martian trying - and failing - to fix him. Barbara did at least try, but she's not psychic like Megan.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, they should've shown Raven and Miss Martian trying - and failing - to fix him. Barbara did at least try, but she's not psychic like Megan.
    I know Babs has visited him but as far as I know there's been no explanation as to why she hasn't mentioned the memories in a jar. Probably because DC needs this arc to drag on for some time but it doesn't make any sense plot wise. It has an unintended consequence of making Babs look like an idiot.

Or get Diana due to the lasso fixing minds. I often wonder why will their be any good stories once normal Dick returns. Also what do you guys think about Dick going back to college? I have seen that thrown around a bit

Or get Diana due to the lasso fixing minds.
    A good point - was that ability established before the just completed Supergirl arc?

Or get Diana due to the lasso fixing minds. I often wonder why will their be any good stories once normal Dick returns. Also what do you guys think about Dick going back to college? I have seen that thrown around a bit
    well it's like lady nightwing said. When ric gets back to back to being dick he's just going to be terreding water and doing the same things as ric anyway.

Nightwing needs a serious status quo change and shack up. I believe nightwing needs to spin off into his own franchise like DC's other biggest heroes. Nightwing as a franchise could be on the same levels as the flash, green lantern and aquaman with his own mythos.

I'm just so tired of nightwing being nothing more than a supporting character for the bat mythos. Nightwing should be so much more than just another Robin and member of the batfamily. There's a reason why nightwing who's supposed to be is own hero is only seen as a member of batman's family and doesnt have a "night family" of his own (because supporting characters dosen't get family's of their own). Dick doesn't even get to have his own logo on his own book because it's NOT his book its batman's sidebook. That's why dick's own story's in "his" book comes second to the main batman book.

DC needs to spin nightwing off into his own franchise and start becoming a lead character of his own or hell trade him to another franchise like superman or wonder woman and be a supporting character over there. At least those franchise aren't over bloated and it'll be something new/fresh.

I'm just done with midcard nightwing I'm ready for main eventer nightwing. Rant over.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 04-07-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I'm just done with midcard nightwing I'm ready for main eventer nightwing. Rant over.
    I think we are all right there with you.

~ Black Panther.

I'm curious, do you guys think for the first time Dick will not be in an animated series? So far we have Babs yet no Dick Grayson.

I'm curious, do you guys think for the first time Dick will not be in an animated series? So far we have Babs yet no Dick Grayson.
    Which series are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Which series are you referring to?
    I'm guessing the Harley Quinn show on the DCU app? I feel like Ami mentioned it in another thread or something somewhere.

I'm fine with it. From what I've seen that show actually does a pretty good job translating characters to fit around it's premise without really compromising the character's core traits (except perhaps King Shark), so I'd *like* to see Nightwing there, and I'm not convinced he won't show up later on, but I'm cool with it if he doesn't. Dick doesn't have to be in "every" cartoon.

~ Black Panther.

Less animated Dick and Harley may be for the better after that last movie lol
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)