Page 74 of 233 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3481

Haven't like anything Snyder has written in nearly 7-8 years. And it'll probably be the Court. But I don't care. Dick needs this. DC is never gonna let a C-list writer do anything meaningful with the character. Snyder will do something
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I’m curious how would people feel about a Nightwing and Babs Batgirl co-leading a team up movie with both their names in the title basically like Ant-man and the Wasp. Might be a better hook and help differentiate from being Batman lite in a way a solo Nightwing flick might be at risk or becoming.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’m curious how would people feel about a Nightwing and Babs Batgirl co-leading a team up movie with both their names in the title basically like Ant-man and the Wasp. Might be a better hook and help differentiate from being Batman lite in a way a solo Nightwing flick might be at risk or becoming.
    Nightwing won't come across as batman lite if he's a globetrotting hero. With is one of the main reasons I want it in the comics. Batman's solo movies (and comics) will always revolve around his city Gotham nightwing globetrotting would be something different.

Nightwing/batgirl would be worse than batman lite. He'd be Robin lite.

But now that rumor of the new batman movies are stand alone and disconnect from the rest of the dceu. Nightwing could take batman's place in the dceu. Just like they were about to do with supergirl taking over superman.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 04-09-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Snyder's generally done well by the character outside of a few instances, like the Owls punching scene, but he at least respects the character and likes including him in things. That being said I don't know if Snyder would actually write a Nightwing ongoing. I feel it would be more likely that he pitches an idea and someone else writes it for him. Unless he is now super passionate about the character the way a Johns is for Shazam I can't really see him wanting to write a Nightwing/Dick Grayson ongoing book as it feels something below what he usually does now, but who knows.
    You talk your usual sense, but how ongoing is "ongoing" these days? The first six or twelve issues of a "Nightwing" series by Snyder would be a huge leap-up for whatever followed.

I wouldn't even mind if the Court were involved again - although I'd hope for something a bit fresher.

(And for it not to be co-written with Tynion.)

Actually, that's a question for the group - if someone like Snyder came in for a single, high profile maxi-series "Nightwing" story, what would be best to be done with the villain? Someone/a bunch of new people like Black Mirror did? An existing Dick Villain like Raptor, Blockbuster, Minos or Pyg? Or lay a claim to Batman villains that Dick has a particular history with, like Two Face or the Owls?

I wouldn't mind a proper recontextualising of Deathstroke as a Nightwing/Titans villain rather than a Batman one - but we may be too late on that one.
    Last edited by Claude; 04-09-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    You talk your usual sense, but how ongoing is "ongoing" these days? The first six or twelve issues of a "Nightwing" series by Snyder would be a huge leap-up for whatever followed.

I wouldn't even mind if the Court were involved again - although I'd hope for something a bit fresher.

(And for it not to be co-written with Tynion.)

Actually, that's a question for the group - if someone like Snyder came in for a single, high profile maxi-series "Nightwing" story, what would be best to be done with the villain? Someone/a bunch of new people like Black Mirror did? An existing Dick Villain like Raptor, Blockbuster, Minos or Pyg? Or lay a claim to Batman villains that Dick has a particular history with, like Two Face or the Owls?

I wouldn't mind a proper recontextualising of Deathstroke as a Nightwing/Titans villain rather than a Batman one - but we may be too late on that one.
    For me I just hope for synder to reboot nightwing with a new status quo and direction so nightwing can progress and grow as a franchise.

Nightwing going back to the same old things post ric would be such a waste.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 04-09-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Well, whether it's canon or not, let's see if there are people who feels like Snyder's best-selling talent is wasted in writing Nightwing

I'd never complain if Snyder wants to use Dick's character for something, especially given the awful state the character has been in for a while now. It's just Snyder doesn't really look at or take on small projects anymore, which is maybe good if he is interested in using Dick's character, but he tends to do really BIG stories that expand into even more stories, so I can't picture him doing a small 10-12 issue Nightwing run. I also have a tough time imagining DC putting a big name like Snyder on book with Dick/Nightwing as the focus given how they treat the character now, so maybe it would be someone else scripting Snyders' ideas. I really am just unsure.

But I'd take anything. Not like we have anything to lose. Even if it is just Snyder wanting to use Dick in another non Nightwing book. Maybe that will make it feel like Dick is part of the DCU again and have some kind of presence beyond his own title, which he basically hasn't had in the 9 years since the New 52 started. Or it could even be a Black Label book that is completely separated from everything with the DCU. Anything would be better than what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Still a hard pass from me. I mean, obviously if the trailers looked good I'd give it a shot, but I'm not even a tiny bit interested in Nightwing and Babs teaming up. That would be a big mark against the movie for me, and I don't think it would help Dick at all. He doesn't need Babs to sell a movie, and given the overlap in fanbases I don't think Babs would gain much box office from Dick's presence either.

I'd be fine with whatever villain fits the story. It'd probably be the Court of Owls though. Not my first choice, but I'm not against the idea either. I'd personally like to see Pyg and his Circus of Strange or Blockbuster, Kathy Webb-Kane, or HIVE.

Also, anyone else find it funny that CBR ran a story on this? You know things are slow when this site is taking a tweet like Snyder's and writing articles about it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

You never know... look how long Williamson's been on Flash, or how long King was on Batman. Both 80+ issues.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Months ago, Snyder said he was planning to write a Wonder Woman story and a Nightwing run. I don't know if Death Metal will turn in a WW story, but I'm pretty sure his pitch is about a Nightwing ongoing

It could very well be the ongoing. I hope it is, Nightwing needs a high profile creator, and someone who can stick around for more than 12 issues and really establish something. Snyder might be DC's biggest name right now and he's definitely capable of long runs. He's got my blessing. I said long ago that Dick needs someone at AT&T/WB to take notice of him, or a big creator who can do what they want. Well, with everything that's happened since Didio left DC's bosses might be paying attention and Snyder's got the juice to do the projects he wants to do, so.....maybe if the gods are kind we're getting what we need to bring Nightwing out of this horrible slump.

Whatever Snyder does, if he actually does anything with Nightwing, I just hope it's not Bat-lite. I want that dark Silver Age vibe that Seeley (and even Percy, from what little I read of his run) did; aliens and monsters and crazy locations as well as mobsters and smugglers and psychopaths.

Snyder on the book would be a huge benefit regardless, but f*ck am I tired of Dick being written like nothing more than a Gotham sidekick, doing Gotham style things.
    Last edited by Ascended; 04-12-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If they wanna give Snyder Nightwing instead of Wonder Woman I'd be for it.

If only because Nightwing needs it far more and there is nowhere to go but up at this point, whereas what little we've seen of his setup for Wonder Woman seems like a downgrade from Rucka's Rebirth run.

TPB name - The Return of Dick Grayson. Ric will be gone by issue 75!
    https://www.penguinrandomhouseretail...=9781779507433
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm curious Jason and Dick. Frenemies or Bros?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    TPB name - The Return of Dick Grayson. Ric will be gone by issue 75!
    https://www.penguinrandomhouseretail...=9781779507433
    Happy Easter indeed!!!