Page 77 of 233 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3481

I still believe dick should adopt YJ.Outsiders global meta human trafficking as his mission/direction. It fit a non superpowered titans DCU character that nightwing should be.

We already have enough bats in citys to go around.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I still believe dick should adopt YJ.Outsiders global meta human trafficking as his mission/direction. It fit a non superpowered titans DCU character that nightwing should be.

We already have enough bats in citys to go around.
    That was his relaunched titans team MO and it was bad

The book wasn't bad. But it definitely got screwed over by editorial, and in hindsight, they should've had Kyle instead of Dick from the start. Dick getting shot and suddenly being gone derailed the book, leading to it getting axed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The book wasn't bad. But it definitely got screwed over by editorial, and in hindsight, they should've had Kyle instead of Dick from the start. Dick getting shot and suddenly being gone derailed the book, leading to it getting axed.
    Book was trash. Editorial excuses aside, how it chose to present its characters was awful and nonsensical. While it’s stories were formulaic and pointless. Ultimately going nowhere and saying nothing. Book accomplished nothing, and left every character involved worse off.
    Abnett is as bad as Lobdell and Jurgan’s. Another complacent writer going through the motions, with little to no real forethought put into what he was actually doing, nor care towards the characters he was writing. He did little more then wipe his butt with Dick’s character for 2 years strait, yet as soon as Dick was unavailable his book couldn’t last beyond an arc. It’d be laughable if it wasn’t sad.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-23-2020 at 05:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Book was trash. Editorial excuses aside, how it chose to present its characters was awful and nonsensical. While it’s stories were formulaic and pointless. Ultimately going nowhere and saying nothing. Book accomplished nothing, and left every character involved worse off.
    Abnett is as bad as Lobdell and Jurgan’s. Another complacent writer going through the motions, with little to no real forethought put into what he was actually doing, nor care towards the characters he was writing. He did little more then wipe his butt with Dick’s character for 2 years strait, yet as soon as Dick was unavailable his book couldn’t last beyond an arc. It’d be laughable if it wasn’t sad.
    I preferred the fab five doing FRIENDS in Manhattan

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It wasn't perfect. I did think Steel was bland, there was nothing that made her stand out from Ironheart over at Marvel even though Natasha's been around far longer than Riri (and bear in mind how many people complain about Riri!). I think they only used her because they couldn't use Cyborg, who editorial insists is in a Justice League title, and didn't care about the girl behind the mask. She was just there to be the team's techie.

And the book did focus too much on Dick, who like I said, in hindsight shouldn't have even been in the book. But there's plenty of worse series than New Justice Titans.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Hair's a bit long for that costume isn't it? Thought he only had long hair with the 1991 costume?

I didn't know Seeley could draw. Nice work.

Nice to see Dick with longer hair too. That length is definitely my preferred look for him, regardless of the costume.

But what's up with the fishnets on his forearms? I don't remember that from any costume?

Actually, speaking of hair.....Dick's had a lot of haircuts over the years, short, long, medium length, clean and slick, messy....do we think Dick should have one single haircut the way Superman and most other characters do (discounting the occasional mullet), or should Dick try to stick with the times and change his 'do occasionally? I could see him rocking one of those viking style cuts that seem popular right now....long on top, shaved on the sides and back....what's it called, a undercut or something? Damian has something like that too, only it's still fairly short on top.

Obviously a modern haircut could end up looking dated after a while, but that doesn't seem like much of a hurdle if you ask me. We might shake our heads at Superman's 90's mullet, but it doesn't really ruin the reading or anything.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I didn't know Seeley could draw. Nice work.

Nice to see Dick with longer hair too. That length is definitely my preferred look for him, regardless of the costume.

But what's up with the fishnets on his forearms? I don't remember that from any costume?

Actually, speaking of hair.....Dick's had a lot of haircuts over the years, short, long, medium length, clean and slick, messy....do we think Dick should have one single haircut the way Superman and most other characters do (discounting the occasional mullet), or should Dick try to stick with the times and change his 'do occasionally? I could see him rocking one of those viking style cuts that seem popular right now....long on top, shaved on the sides and back....what's it called, a undercut or something? Damian has something like that too, only it's still fairly short on top.

Obviously a modern haircut could end up looking dated after a while, but that doesn't seem like much of a hurdle if you ask me. We might shake our heads at Superman's 90's mullet, but it doesn't really ruin the reading or anything.
    It Should be at a length anything pass his shoulders is a no.I remember the mullet that turned into something else all togather, i thought the hair was helping him in fights at times same with superman. the one year later hair from brothers in blood should be the cut off length for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Damian's haircut is really just a classic short back and sides, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    That was his relaunched titans team MO and it was bad
    1. That wasn't dick MO as a solo hero.

2. By that logic dick shouldn't have a city either because it was bad.

The first time I saw Nightwing, he had the blue and yellow costume (still a good design I think) and his hair was shoulder length, but when I became a fan he had just got the black-blue costume and had the full on ass-length ponytail.

I was glad when it was cut short again during a fight, and went back to shoulder length (or maybe just slightly shorter than that). That ponytail was ridiculous even by 90's standards.

But for me, shoulder length is just right. I really dislike Dick having a short cut. Maybe I'm just jealous of his great hair.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It wasn't perfect. I did think Steel was bland, there was nothing that made her stand out from Ironheart over at Marvel even though Natasha's been around far longer than Riri (and bear in mind how many people complain about Riri!). I think they only used her because they couldn't use Cyborg, who editorial insists is in a Justice League title, and didn't care about the girl behind the mask. She was just there to be the team's techie.

And the book did focus too much on Dick, who like I said, in hindsight shouldn't have even been in the book. But there's plenty of worse series than New Justice Titans.
    Except the book didn’t focus on Dick, it just need him there to exists. Despite how it choose to present his character. He had no character arc or journey beyond look how awful I am. He was solely there to help facilitate and it made him continually pay for it. It was poorly thought out and just made a further mockery of the team.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-23-2020 at 03:38 PM.

I'm a bit of a square, but I prefer Dick with the clean cut look now. The long hair works for a just graduated and rebellious Robin stepping out onto his own, but he's no longer in that place right now. With two ex-Robin's behind him, he's lost his edge and had to step into mode of a leadership role.

That said... I really dig Seeley's drawing there.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)