Page 83 of 233 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3481
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, there'd be legal problems with that, since Dick has a secret identity.

But that's assuming the law in DC is the same as the real world. And I don't think it can be, otherwise villains would be able to dance out of a court room thanks to unlawful arrests or unlawfully gained evidence or whatever. Vigilantes still might be, at least technically, unlawful, but the law would have had to change to take their actions into account so I don't see any reason why the copyright law wouldn't be changed too.

So, sure, I don't really see why this couldn't be a viable option. I kinda like it actually; it makes Nightwing more of a public figure.
    I believe to mitigate unlawful arrest is why Batman leaves the evidence alongside the perpetrator and leave before the authorities arrive, so Gordon can say it's the police who's making the arrest, and the evidence just happens to be there shrug.

Sometimes Batman also intimidates goons or right-hand men to confess, so they do the court job for him. The rest he left to Gordon, Dent, Dawes, or whoever the current good lawyers and judge available. That's pretty much what they do in Year One and Begins, and I'm sure they continue to do now.

By now Batman helping the police is common knowledge, they just need a good enough case in court to counter that defense, and after most of Gotham's corruption is cleaned a lot of officials are willing to help anyway.

That's true, but it doesn't apply to other heroes. I mean Flash and Superman will sometimes drop the criminals off at the police station directly. Can't legally call that the police's collar when witnesses are there to see the crook dropped off like a present. Under real law that would likely result in the crook walking away unless they had an active warrant out for their arrest, but we see it work for criminals without priors too.

DCU law has to be different than real law. My wife is the one who's in law, not me, but I've seen how fragile the system is and how easily a defense lawyer can cast doubt on the evidence chain. DC has to have made laws to take vigilantes into account, probably dating back to when the JSA was drafted into WWII. So perhaps there's also copyright laws Dick could take advantage of, even if most other heroes allow their likeness to be used at no profit to themselves. Actually, I know at least a few heroes have "signed off" on their likeness being used for merchandise, with the profits they should receive going to charity instead. That implies there's legal grounds for a hero to profit from their likeness.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Agreed. I mean if anything due to the fact Heroes have been in Dc for a while. There must be laws that can help him get some profit. I mean if we don't want him to be a hero for hire. I guess him doing public events?

Also, How do you feel about the actor playing Nightwing?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-05-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Amazing Member

Hello. I'm new. I like Nightwing from Titans. But the animated movie version suck hard. Even the annoying brat Damian beat him. If the little punk tried that in Titans, he will end up in a hospital.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    Hello. I'm new. I like Nightwing from Titans. But the animated movie version suck hard. Even the annoying brat Damian beat him. If the little punk tried that in Titans, he will end up in a hospital.
    They were just sparing, it’s not a big deal, they have Ben training for the same amount of time

I mean even after that Dick never wins. He always needed someone to save him in animated movies. Dick is supposed to be a top-notch fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean even after that Dick never wins. He always needed someone to save him in animated movies. Dick is supposed to be a top-notch fighter.
    True! But nightwing is always playing the support role, he's never the lead. His job in the movie the movies is to put over the lead villains and heros.

You what nightwing to be more competent? Than he needs to not always play the role of "background dancer" all the time.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 05-05-2020 at 11:52 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They were just sparing, it’s not a big deal, they have Ben training for the same amount of time
    Nightwing just loses in the movies while the Scrappy-Doo of the Bat family gets the spotlight everytime. The writers obviously loves to wank BlOoD sOn "Robin". I hope Damian never returns.

The team-up between Dick & Helena was most enjoyable.
    Too bad things didn't work out in the end, though.

The Evolution of...

Dick Grayson

Artist: Rick Leonardi
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-06-2020 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Amazing Member

Helena was a better pairing than Babs. Bat writers destroying every other pairing to promote their DickBabs ship is an abomination.

Scott McDaniel's rendition of Dick's acrobatic prowess will always be memorable...

...as well as McDaniel's version of a defiant Grayson!

Extraordinary Member

Helena was a better pairing than Babs. Bat writers destroying every other pairing to promote their DickBabs ship is an abomination.
    You can’t mean that, she is at most the equivalent of black cat for Spider-Man

Extraordinary Member

Nightwing just loses in the movies while the Scrappy-Doo of the Bat family gets the spotlight everytime. The writers obviously loves to wank BlOoD sOn "Robin". I hope Damian never returns.
    Scrappy doo ? How old are you ?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    True! But nightwing is always playing the support role, he's never the lead. His job in the movie the movies is to put over the lead villains and heros.

You what nightwing to be more competent? Than he needs to not always play the role of "background dancer" all the time.
    I mean in other media he has done pretty well. Does this mean he should be taken away from the Batfam for a bit? I'm not saying he shouldn't be part. Rather just be on his own for a bit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean in other media he has done pretty well. Does this mean he should be taken away from the Batfam for a bit? I'm not saying he shouldn't be part. Rather just be on his own for a bit.
    Almost the opposite, I think - Dick and Bruce's relationship is so hazily defined these days, and alternates between warm and acrimonious, and they spend so little panel time together for characters with so much history dependent on each other, I think we've reached the point where we need two Bruce and Dick Maxi-Series. One "Batman And Robin", one "Batman And Nightwing". The first with them as partners in Gotham, working with the original Justice League as a duo, the second with them using independent resources - Dick using Spyral information and getting help from Titans friends, Bruce using the wider Bat Family and the "current" League to work against a common threat.

Force them on the page together. Make "shared" characters like Damian and Superman a virtue. You could come up with something pretty interesting, and both characters would benefit.

(Or stuff them up for a generation if it went wrong.)

I would also accept "Batman And Robin" for the first maxi series becoming "Wayne And Grayson" for the second.