Page 87 of 233 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, but one step at a time.
    One step at a time is just another way to insure the character continues to lose value. They already dragged this out too long as is. If they are going to leave Jurgen’s on so he can continue to drive general interest away with lazy factory recap and boring ideas like Condor Red, they should leave him as Ric. Calling him Dick again while leaving the same lazy complacent creators general readers have little interest in anymore, is just going to be further detrimental.

These old dudes want to hide behind behind Ric and fans not willing to accept the idea, but at the end of the day the real problem is that these complement boring creators failed to convince people on the idea with their dated style and their low effort, no care, tone deaf execution. Step one the people currently on the book need to go otherwise there is no point to even bringing Dick back.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-13-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That's not a Tie-in that's a whole arc! We can even count the current 2 issues with Punchline to make up a whole trade... unless it's already included, I forget which issue we're on and I don't care...
    Already included. #70 was the most recent issue (on 18 March) and the first issue of Joker War overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Guess Dick is back by the 75th issue milestone.
    He is. The TPB is called The Return of Dick Grayson.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    You said there was no organized crime? What if there was but they never do it in the city. They want to have the look that Bludhaven is untouched by Gotham's trouble. That they don't need a superhero.

Interesting. One idea I did have is this. Bludhaven does have organized crim but never do they c
    No, there is organized crime, just smaller. Blockbuster was the kingpin.

Sorry, what was that last one? You're cutting out.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No, there is organized crime, just smaller. Blockbuster was the kingpin.

Sorry, what was that last one? You're cutting out.
    That Bludhaven is supposed to be this city that doesn't have to worry about crime. That all the organized crime isn't done in the city. It's done elsewhere. This lets Dick being able to look into the underworld but not worry about his city at the same time. That maybe Bludhaven is known for its entertainment industry. So no crime is committed in the city.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quite possibly Dick Grayson’s biggest claim to fame (World's Finest Comics #9, Spring 1943). Art by Jack Burnley:

A little change of topic, I'm not the biggest fan of bludhaven but it seems DC what's Bludhaven to be a thing so if dick has to be in bludhaven I'd what it to return back to the way tim seeley left it, A Vegas/Miami entertainment city.

So my question is what dc characters could join and fit bludhaven? Like white rabbit, the royal flush gang and zatanna ect. Who else do you see fitting a vegas Bludhaven?

That depends. I mean Booster Gold maybe since he always wants to be famous. I agree. I think Bludhaven should be a good entertainment business spot. That they have a booming movie industry

Books seem to be ending, wonder if 75 is Nightwing's last. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-15-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Seems like a strong possibility especially since Snyder wants to work with the character.

Is Synder working on Nightwing good or bad?

Good. Nightwing is in such creator hell right now, so anything that might get him out of his current fodder status. Even if its just a limited series. Snyder on Dick, ya ill take that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-15-2020 at 06:35 PM.

I see this as an absolute win.

BANNED

A Snyder run starting around 2021 would mark 10 years since Black Mirror. Very cool

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Yeah, a relaunch is much more likely to get new creators, rather than Dick going back to Nightwing and keeping Jurgens on board.

It's a win, no matter what it is. How much of a win will depend on whether it's a mini or the ongoing, whether it's in continuity or not, whether Dick is Nightwing or not, etc. But DC's biggest writer writing Dick is a win for the character.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I've grown cooler and cooler on Snyder's writing over the years and even I'm thinking this is a win across the board. Dick needs all the help he can get.