Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    It’s all right, no worries. Well, eating healthier and working out can be a reason for the physical change, it’s just, we don’t know yet if that’s the reason, so it’s still fair to guess?
    But I’m actually much more curious about the change in his mood, and why he would be suddenly a ‘sad feral barbarian’. there must be something that caused it and it seems like a big change from his recent characterizations.
    I mean, he's always been sort of a rather sad character, though. But logic says that he should be doing pretty good, all things consider.

God, I am ready for this book! I have so many questions now!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I mean, he's always been sort of a rather sad character, though. But logic says that he should be doing pretty good, all things consider.

God, I am ready for this book! I have so many questions now!
    Well, if he's stopped being angry as **** about Wolverine all the time, he has to start processing his other emotions. So he might be feeling a bit lost when the book starts up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Well, if he's stopped being angry as **** about Wolverine all the time, he has to start processing his other emotions. So he might be feeling a bit lost when the book starts up.
    Inconsistent writers ignoring continuity. Daken has already gotten over Logan during his first own run with Liu. But after his first death, other writers kept on bringing back Daken's daddy issues to give Logan -unnecessary character development. Remender and Jason Aaron wrote him horribly. Even when he was brought back for Wolverine(s), where he supposedly understood his hate for Logan was ridiculous....claws of the killers series just ignored his development and killed him off for no reason. Don't get me started on S. Grace's Daken. Daken messing with Bobby made no sense, considering he was already helping Laura and Gabby, and joined the X-men during the same time.

Honestly that description makes me less interested in the story, because that's the exact opposite of his character. The angry description, I mean.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    Inconsistent writers ignoring continuity. Daken has already gotten over Logan during his first own run with Liu. But after his first death, other writers kept on bringing back Daken's daddy issues to give Logan -unnecessary character development. Remender and Jason Aaron wrote him horribly. Even when he was brought back for Wolverine(s), where he supposedly understood his hate for Logan was ridiculous....claws of the killers series just ignored his development and killed him off for no reason. Don't get me started on S. Grace's Daken. Daken messing with Bobby made no sense, considering he was already helping Laura and Gabby, and joined the X-men during the same time.
    Well, but see, here's the thing, it's easy and simple to fall back into old patterns. Going after Wolverine was a "safe" thing to do until it wasn't. And then Logan died and Daken was clearly just lost.

As for how he was in Iceman, I didn't mind that. Daken loves Laura and Gabby and seemed to like their extended family. The love and devotion he showed them does not need to extend to anyone else.

And why are people so mad about S. Grace's mini? Daken only went with Sabretooth and Deathstrike out of curiosity and only stayed because they had control of the car. He clearly didn't really want to go after Logan and he was the first one to want to go home. Deathstrike and Sabretooth had to talk him into going.

Well, but see, here's the thing, it's easy and simple to fall back into old patterns. Going after Wolverine was a "safe" thing to do until it wasn't. And then Logan died and Daken was clearly just lost.

As for how he was in Iceman, I didn't mind that. Daken loves Laura and Gabby and seemed to like their extended family. The love and devotion he showed them does not need to extend to anyone else.

And why are people so mad about S. Grace's mini? Daken only went with Sabretooth and Deathstrike out of curiosity and only stayed because they had control of the car. He clearly didn't really want to go after Logan and he was the first one to want to go home. Deathstrike and Sabretooth had to talk him into going.
    I respectfully disagree. Its just writers who choose to ignore continuity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Its just writers who choose to ignore continuity.
    My understanding was that Iceman took place BEFORE the All-New Wolverine stuff, and that Daken was still under the influence of the Death Seed (which Iceman resolved). If anything it's editorial not doing their @$%ing jobs and giving a clear sense of when one book is supposed to be set in relation to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That’s what I’m really hoping for, he finally stops fixating on Logan and starts facing his own problems. There’s a lot, just in the recent years he got himself in a lot of ****, died, got possessed several times. And there’s his pre-Logan past, his messed up upbringing and conditioning – which never been explored like Logan’s or Laura’s past. It was just ‘bad childhood, some traumas, hates Logan’ but whatever. I’d rather writers told about this and develop him as his own character with his own personality and problems than reduce him to angry daddy issues only for hundreds of times.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Honestly that description makes me less interested in the story, because that's the exact opposite of his character. The angry description, I mean.
    it says sad not angry. Though the barbarian part is really the opposite of the character… I don’t know how to feel about that

And why are people so mad about S. Grace's mini?
    (you mean Claws of a Killer mini?) Because Daken was brought there only to get killed for Logan again….
    Last edited by DAHX; 02-28-2020 at 07:02 AM.
    Be kind, it's FREE

X-Factor #3 cover:

Williams: They are X-Factor Investigations, in charge of tracking down missing mutants which there's quite a lot of . They're also working with the Five, and through their work together we learn about resurrection care, and trouble-shooting the resurrection process. This is the book alot of you have been waiting for, in answering questions and explore these kinds of things.
    White describes X-FACTOR as beta-testing all the stuff "we're doing on Krakoa. It's constructed in such a way that it really works as a - it's got the internal engine that will make the book have to go all the time."
    https://www.newsarama.com/49169-c2e2...men-panel.html
    Be kind, it's FREE

Extraordinary Member

That is a sweet cover! Wish we had more info on Daken, though

Beautiful cover, but Daken's really unrecognizable! If not for the claws I'd have known it was him only by process of elimination.
    I seek words of such surpassing beauty that they might melt the hardest heart of stone. - Jacqueline Carey

Quote Originally Posted by gealach View Post
    Beautiful cover, but Daken's really unrecognizable! If not for the claws I'd have known it was him only by process of elimination.
    Agree. The fedora is not needed. Otherwise Daken Noir would look dope.

Last edited by pkingdom; 02-29-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

These never get old.

This just makes me miss Laura more...
    Be kind, it's FREE