Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    Hello all - I'm no Daken fan but he was excellent, excellent, excellent in today's issue. Hope you all enjoyed!
    Um... you sir have the greatest username of all time.

Incredible Member

Read X-Factor. Good book, thoughts on the review thread.

But Daken man...I really, REALLY, do not like the new look.

I hope there's enough backlash on the look that he get's killed off and resurrected in his original form, though he can keep the hair.

I've always felt Daken's look, physique and sense of style, was central to the character. Like Emma Frost...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Read X-Factor. Good book, thoughts on the review thread.

But Daken man...I really, REALLY, do not like the new look.

I hope there's enough backlash on the look that he get's killed off and resurrected in his original form, though he can keep the hair.

I've always felt Daken's look, physique and sense of style, was central to the character. Like Emma Frost...
    Agreed. They've just made him into a muscled, masculine beefcake bro (read: boring). Obviously he's a comic book character and super fit, but they took it too far... I mean he's not even wearing a shirt. Daken is the type that would pick out a designer outfit even if he knew it would be shredded in about half an hour.

They have this tendency to draw him running around shirtless. My biggest complain is the beef-ication, though; I thought it would make sense in context but... it doesn't.
    I seek words of such surpassing beauty that they might melt the hardest heart of stone. - Jacqueline Carey

Quote Originally Posted by gealach View Post
    Ok, why is no one commenting? (and there's no thread for the issue, it's criminal)
    Daken was AMAZING. I especially loved the moments of kindness Leah teased in the interview, beautifully illustrated by Baldeon.
    I ADORED Daken. Sorry so many found it off putting but I felt he was a highlight of the issue and I'm very much looking forward to future depictions.

I enjoyed Daken in the issue but he is way tooo beefy. But that just a reflection of the art, which I'm not really a fan of. It's nice to see him on an X-Team though. This is an interesting and queer line up.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I enjoyed Daken in the issue but he is way tooo beefy. But that just a reflection of the art, which I'm not really a fan of. It's nice to see him on an X-Team though. This is an interesting and queer line up.
    Buff Daken is a lot better than cowboy Daken from Wolverines

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I ADORED Daken. Sorry so many found it off putting but I felt he was a highlight of the issue and I'm very much looking forward to future depictions.
    It seemed more like that he was the breakout character. Leah herself said she was pleasantly surprised by the reactions to Daken and that he seems to be the fan favorite character of the book while they expected it for Lorna or Amazing Baby.

I didn’t like everything about him, but I like how this comic is here against the common argument of haters that Daken never expressed guilt or kindness towards anyone besides his sisters and he is just a pure villain
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong, he was definitely one of the highlights of the first issue. I was just agreeing that his physical depiction was a choice. I just think turning him into a beefcake was kind of a lazy way to make him desirable to everyone and play up his charming powers. Leah is going on about how she's going to make everyone love Daken, but I don't think that's a very hard task considering he's always had that kind of personality in addition to his powers. But instead of being subtle, it's just like, "make him rippppppped" and "show him flirting with everyone" and "have him question authority and actually be right". While the tactic is working, I'd have to say it's not particularly original.

Someone just asked David Baldeon on twitter and he said that it's a "characterization point" and "he'll let it play out in the book and hope it comes through as clear as possible".
    I'm intrigued! I admit that from first seeing it, and following Laura going into the Vault, I thought it might be a sign of depression at her prolonged absence and the uncertainty itself of her mission.
    I seek words of such surpassing beauty that they might melt the hardest heart of stone. - Jacqueline Carey

I have to admit I didn't care for Leah's Daken at all and his dialogue was probably the worst of all the characters for me. He varied from generic evil seductress or threw out really bad internet speak, "Taking too long, super soaker. Let's mix it up." actually made me cringe lol. I did feel like everything after they hotel was fine though.

That said, I don't mind beefy Daken but I prefer him lean. Since it is a characterization point i wonder if that will also explain the way he's talking to people.

X-Faxtor #2 variant:
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    X-Faxtor #2 variant:
    Okay, after rereading it multiple times, and this variant art....I can honestly say....I do not like his look. Besides that, the book is great, Daken's characterization was amazing, and I'm excited for issue 2 and beyond.

Really enjoyed Daken in the first issue of X-F. By no means a Daken stan but can’t wait to see what Leah does with him on this book. Looking forward to seeing what progressions he makes as part of this team.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I don't like Daken portrayed ad a "bad boy with a good heart", he shouldn't be written like his father. Please give me back the degenerate, sadistic yet still lovable SOB from the Dark Wolverine run.