Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I think if there’s a writer we can trust to write queer characters well, it’s Leah. I don’t trust straight male writers to handle Daken, they’re obsessed with his daddy issues, either ignore completely or villanize his bisexuality, and have a competition of who can kill him next/make him more terrible for Logan.

This time we have a female writer who’s also bi and who already mentioned her intention to explore the snikt family more, so I’m not too worried.
    Yeah I'm positive about her too. But I hope she doesn't tame him too much. Daken is problematique and if you're gonna write him you have to deal with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah I'm positive about her too. But I hope she doesn't tame him too much. Daken is problematique and if you're gonna write him you have to deal with that too.
    Depends on if you think someone like Catwoman is "tamed". I think her moral ambiguity is what they should aim for with Daken.

Leah described him as 'Wolverine's disaster son' and 'fucky thot enforcer', so I think we don't need to worry about that either, I don't think he'll be turned into Laura or something. He can be cooperative, be useful on a team, get some development and still be the problematic Wolverine, it just needs good balance from the writer
    Be kind, it's FREE

X-Men Monday/Aipt interview with Benjamin Percy today:

Benjamin: ... He’s lived all over the world, but this is the first zip code that actually belonged fully to him and mutantkind. He’s surrounded by his family (not just Laura and Daken and Gabby, but the Summers and Xavier, his father figure).

AIPT: You touched on them a bit earlier, but Laura and Gabby kept the Wolverine legacy alive and well while Logan was “dead.” Can we expect to see Logan finally get some quality time with his extended family (and Daken too) in this series?

Benjamin: Stay tuned. To Wolverine. And to X-Force.

So Daken got mentioned again regarding the new Wolverine solo today. Looks like we will really get some Wolverine family development, this time Percy mentioned even Gabby!
    I hope they'll all show up in both series with Logan!
    Be kind, it's FREE

X-Men Monday/Aipt interview with Benjamin Percy today:

Benjamin: ... He’s lived all over the world, but this is the first zip code that actually belonged fully to him and mutantkind. He’s surrounded by his family (not just Laura and Daken and Gabby, but the Summers and Xavier, his father figure).

AIPT: You touched on them a bit earlier, but Laura and Gabby kept the Wolverine legacy alive and well while Logan was “dead.” Can we expect to see Logan finally get some quality time with his extended family (and Daken too) in this series?

Benjamin: Stay tuned. To Wolverine. And to X-Force.

So Daken got mentioned again regarding the new Wolverine solo today. Looks like we will really get some Wolverine family development, this time Percy mentioned even Gabby!
    I hope they'll all show up in both series with Logan!
    I think he mentioned Laura showing up in X-Force a while ago, so I'm thinking it's gonna be just her on that, and then both her/Daken/Gabby on Wolverine.

Leah described him as 'Wolverine's disaster son' and 'fucky thot enforcer', so I think we don't need to worry about that either, I don't think he'll be turned into Laura or something. He can be cooperative, be useful on a team, get some development and still be the problematic Wolverine, it just needs good balance from the writer
    I'll bet Leah gets Daken's value as a wild card and potentially seductive influence - and I don't mean that last bit sexually. You want someone who's going to talk the younger members of the murdered-mutant-investigation-but-TOTES-NOT-OUT-FOR-REVENGE-REALLY! team into dubious action? That's your dude. Like, Northstar's an iconoclast and willing to flip the bird to authority, but he's not really a force of chaos. I think that's the fun Daken's going to bring to the table.

I think he mentioned Laura showing up in X-Force a while ago, so I'm thinking it's gonna be just her on that, and then both her/Daken/Gabby on Wolverine.
    yes he mentioned Laura, but who knows maybe Daken will show up there too. Some bloodsoaked actions would make sense for him, and it’d be awesome to see all Logan/Laura/Daken working on a case together.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'll bet Leah gets Daken's value as a wild card and potentially seductive influence - and I don't mean that last bit sexually. You want someone who's going to talk the younger members of the murdered-mutant-investigation-but-TOTES-NOT-OUT-FOR-REVENGE-REALLY! team into dubious action? That's your dude. Like, Northstar's an iconoclast and willing to flip the bird to authority, but he's not really a force of chaos. I think that's the fun Daken's going to bring to the table.
    pretty much yes I see Daken too as the wild card of the team who will probably do some slightly questionable things with his recklessness, but it will be the fun part of the book! Daken on a no-kill team? Ah, I want to see the murder dude’s dubious actions, and I really curious about how Northstar will handle that
    Be kind, it's FREE

In today’s X-Men/Fantastic Four issue Daken was supposed to have a cameo according to the script in the director’s cut issue, but it wasn’t actually drawn on panel. He and Quentin were hanging out and heading to London to hit shops and do shoplifting?

I can see Quentin and Daken hanging out ending up in disaster giving some headache to Logan lol
    Be kind, it's FREE

Daken would have made a better ambassador to the FF than 2/3rds of the people they actually sent.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Daken would have made a better ambassador to the FF than 2/3rds of the people they actually sent.
    That's true, he has a history with all of them, especially Johnny. Hell, didn't Laura babysit Franklin and Val before?

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    That's true, he has a history with all of them, especially Johnny. Hell, didn't Laura babysit Franklin and Val before?
    Yup yup yup. He was actually pretty good friends with Johnny, and had some belligerent sexual tension with him in a lot of their panels. And Laura did babysit the kids. There was a joke that they could find literally nobody else who wanted too or was qualified to deal with the F4 type shenanigans that would almost certainly happen (and did)

I'm not sure it would have been a great idea to send Daken to the FF, it's true they have a history but he also attacked them at the end of Williams' run. Laura would have been a better option.
    I'd love a cameo though, maybe in the final issue. The tension resolved, everyone chilling on the island, Johnny seeing Daken from afar, perhaps approaching him to talk (or the opposite, I'm not picky)... I'd die for a single panel of them interacting.
    I seek words of such surpassing beauty that they might melt the hardest heart of stone. - Jacqueline Carey

Daken's new costume:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...actor-costumes

So what do you all think?
    As I mentioned in the X-Factor thread, I'm glad he has a Japanese style, but he's kinda drawn like Logan, which I don't like. Maybe because of the beard... Well, that's very new for him, thoughts on Daken having a beard?
    Be kind, it's FREE

Not sure how i'm feeling on Jacked/Swole beared'd Man Bun Daken....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Extraordinary Member

I think that Daken is going to be the main executioner on this team, but at the same time, his bulking up makes some sense to me. He's probably eating properly snd not using his healing factor to counteract all the booze and drugs he seemingly ingested on a regular basis.