Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I'm not sure either on the new look. I need time to get used to it.

We don't know if he used alcohol and drugs on a regular basis in the past, though I wouldn't be surprised, especially with drugs. I'd love if there was an explanation of the change in his look, and maybe in his behaviour as well? Maybe there'll be something that causes some changes for him
    Be kind, it's FREE

Extraordinary Member

The whole reason he got addicted to Heat in the first ppace was because he just grabbed a random pill at a party and then was shocked when it actually got him high. Plus the fact that he was guzzling wine during Uncanny X-Force.

We don't talk about Uncanny X-Force

Anyway, digging the new costume, not so much the beard. It reminds me of his depressive episode in Wolverines.
    I seek words of such surpassing beauty that they might melt the hardest heart of stone. - Jacqueline Carey

Quote Originally Posted by gealach View Post
    We don't talk about Uncanny X-Force

Anyway, digging the new costume, not so much the beard. It reminds me of his depressive episode in Wolverines.
    Agree. With both statements.

I can deal without the beard, I'm glad they brought his man-bun, but his pants...I'm not so sure I like.

Extraordinary Member

Uncanny X-Force happened, accept it!

But in all seriousness, Daken is a character I think we still need to watch out for. With the situation with Laura and the Vault, I have a feeling that she will be going through the resurrection protocols soon and due to all this strangeness, I predict that it won't go according to plan.

While I'm sure Daken would be able to kill quite a few mutsnts without feeling too bad, I'm not sure he'd bring himself to go after Laura.

Swole Daken is throwing me off. He looks too much like his dad, especially with the beard that reminds me of the dark days of Wolverines.

At least it keeps the Japanese clothes.

I love how the first issue cover has the old design of the characters and the second shows the new ones There is a big difference for Daken, I really hope there’s a story behind his change not just a design choice!
    Be kind, it's FREE

Is it bad that I like the costume but hate the bulky body design & beard? He looks like a less hair Logan with a man bun.

BANNED

RIP Daken’s mullet 2007-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Is it bad that I like the costume but hate the bulky body design & beard? He looks like a less hair Logan with a man bun.
    No, I feel similarly. The costume and hairstyle are good. I don't hate the rest but it's bothering me that he looks like Logan with the facial hair and body. One of the most important physical traits of Daken is that he doesn't remind you of Wolverine because he took after his Japanese mother with his look...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    (and mohawk) Thank God!
    Be kind, it's FREE

Extraordinary Member

Daken has been drawn to look like Logan before, especially when he actually doesn't shave.

Glad to see this thread return. I just hope they give the guy a stronger purpose. And keep him edgy. He was so much fun in Daken dark wolverine and dark avengers. Since then he’s gone from bad to good to dead to cripple back to dead and back to cripple again. He just needs a voice, I used to not even label him as Bi, he was just crazy and if he needed to, he’d sleep with a sheep to get what he wanted. That was exciting to read about. I love sheep.

As for the new look, I loved the skinny thing before, it suited his snake like personality, he kind of looks samurai here, which I guess is damn cool if he goes down that road

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Glad to see this thread return. I just hope they give the guy a stronger purpose. And keep him edgy. He was so much fun in Daken dark wolverine and dark avengers. Since then he’s gone from bad to good to dead to cripple back to dead and back to cripple again. He just needs a voice, I used to not even label him as Bi, he was just crazy and if he needed to, he’d sleep with a sheep to get what he wanted. That was exciting to read about. I love sheep.

As for the new look, I loved the skinny thing before, it suited his snake like personality, he kind of looks samurai here, which I guess is damn cool if he goes down that road
    I didn't actually mind Daken's story as we have it. I think all the death and lost limbs and just butt monkey status has made a heroic turn possible. If he hadn't been put through a blender, he just wouldn't be able to be used like this.

I don't want him to totally lose his edge, I want him to be an ******* and a jerk, but I'm ready for him to settle down a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Daken has been drawn to look like Logan before, especially when he actually doesn't shave.
    yes, you said this before, but 98% of the time he was never drawn like Logan, that one occasion is not going to erase his established look and it was also a mistake...Erasing his Japanese look is a mistake. it's still canon that he isn't supposed to look like Logan at all because he took after his Japanese mother, so that past mistake shouldn't be an example or followed up. Back to X-Factor: having facial hair is one thing, why not? But you still don't turn suddenly so bulky... So some might be bothered by it. Fortunately he still looks Japanese here unlike that past occasion.
    (Not shaving also shouldn't make him look like Logan by the way, he isn't supposed to be able to grow facial hair like a Caucasian man because of Asian genetics…)
    But again, I don’t hate his look (I actually love that he got a new look, they just should keep in mind that he isn’t supposed to look like Logan even if they want him to have some changes), I’m waiting for the interior art to see how he actually looks like, and I love the samurai-like attire
    Last edited by DAHX; 02-13-2020 at 07:02 PM.
    Be kind, it's FREE