Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So, while we all know he isn’t dead, is there a reason they haven’t brought back Nate via Krakoa? Hell you’d think Sinister would be itching to have him around.
    He's not dead and he's not of this universe. There really is no reason for them to resurrect him via the Krakoan protocols

Comic Geek in General

I know the assembled X Roster (minus Cyclops, Wolverine, Kid Cable, Cannonball for the end, Boom Boom, Warpath, Domino, Siryn, Hope, Magik, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane, the real Moonstar, Karma, Cypher (?), Havok, Shatterstar, Madrox Prime, Longshot, Laura Madrox, Emma, who where all absent for various reasons, mainly believed dead, forced out of the fight, or incarcerated) with Psylocke (Or Captain Britain 2), Jean, The Stepford Cuckoos where barely keeping him semi off balanced telepathically while everyone else where hitting him with everything they had and it still didn’t stop him from teleporting all the battles participants into his Utopia Reality.......he’s still there, probably until either his powers burn out to the point where a return trip won’t destroy the world returning.....

I think that’s why Cable has to keep his Cybernetics, the Transmode Virus keeps his powers in check

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    I know the assembled X Roster (minus Cyclops, Wolverine, Kid Cable, Cannonball for the end, Boom Boom, Warpath, Domino, Siryn, Hope, Magik, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane, the real Moonstar, Karma, Cypher (?), Havok, Shatterstar, Madrox Prime, Longshot, Laura Madrox, Emma, who where all absent for various reasons, mainly believed dead, forced out of the fight, or incarcerated) with Psylocke (Or Captain Britain 2), Jean, The Stepford Cuckoos where barely keeping him semi off balanced telepathically while everyone else where hitting him with everything they had and it still didn’t stop him from teleporting all the battles participants into his Utopia Reality.......he’s still there, probably until either his powers burn out to the point where a return trip won’t destroy the world returning.....

I think that’s why Cable has to keep his Cybernetics, the Transmode Virus keeps his powers in check
    True.

Also, Cable uses the technovirus. The only time he was infected by the transmode virus was in X-Men: The End, where it seemed to overrwrite his technorganics.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post

One of the reasons why age of X-man was a bad event. Nate wasn't used much before the event and he probably will be used even less after it. Creativly it boxes him more in a deadend then it opens up interesting stories for him. His powers are even more out of flux then before. His current powerlevels are so big that Marvel usually sends such characters off into space. So they don't have to deal with them. Before Age of X-man his powerlevels where so low that there really wasn't any reason to use him. Normally this can be worked around but Nate has been defined by his powers. Without them he loses much of his stories and his importance.

That's why I stand by my idea: the Nate we have seen since Dark Reign is one of the imperfect Nate's. Not built to last. That is why he lost his powers and then got corrupted by the seed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    One of the reasons why age of X-man was a bad event. Nate wasn't used much before the event and he probably will be used even less after it. Creativly it boxes him more in a deadend then it opens up interesting stories for him. His powers are even more out of flux then before. His current powerlevels are so big that Marvel usually sends such characters off into space. So they don't have to deal with them. Before Age of X-man his powerlevels where so low that there really wasn't any reason to use him. Normally this can be worked around but Nate has been defined by his powers. Without them he loses much of his stories and his importance.

That's why I stand by my idea: the Nate we have seen since Dark Reign is one of the imperfect Nate's. Not built to last. That is why he lost his powers and then got corrupted by the seed.
    That'd feel disingenuous to a degree. A better idea is that the Life Seed twisted his mind and made him act super erratically. I mean, in Disassembled he changed motivations by the page and in Age of X-Man, he literallly locks away the love he and Dani had to stop it from influencing his decision. I'm not saying he's gone full Legion, but I am saying that it'd be neat to explore how he gets out of this fractured mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    That'd feel disingenuous to a degree. A better idea is that the Life Seed twisted his mind and made him act super erratically. I mean, in Disassembled he changed motivations by the page and in Age of X-Man, he literallly locks away the love he and Dani had to stop it from influencing his decision. I'm not saying he's gone full Legion, but I am saying that it'd be neat to explore how he gets out of this fractured mindset.
    I have no interest in exploring that. I don’t like corruption stories as they never work for me. Never.

As you can see I have my preferences and they are strong =)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I have no interest in exploring that. I don’t like corruption stories as they never work for me. Never.

As you can see I have my preferences and they are strong =)
    I would see it more as Big Nate cementing his status as the master of minds and allowing him to move on into a more heroic character. Like, I don't think the Life Seed corrupted him, it just made him extremely manic. Just sending him back to what he was before he fought the Harvester and became one with the world probably wouldn't happen now because we already have one teenage Nathan Summers in Kid Cable.

Marvel Legends: Age of Apocalypse - 90s Wolverine by David Nakayama

I would see it more as Big Nate cementing his status as the master of minds and allowing him to move on into a more heroic character. Like, I don't think the Life Seed corrupted him, it just made him extremely manic. Just sending him back to what he was before he fought the Harvester and became one with the world probably wouldn't happen now because we already have one teenage Nathan Summers in Kid Cable.
    I’m sure there is a good story to explore there. I doubt that a company like Marvel has the inclination or patience to tell it. In my experience, witch is mostly from DC on these stories, it’s better to wipe the slate clean and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Marvel Legends: Age of Apocalypse - 90s Wolverine by David Nakayama

his mother

Incredible Member

Given how odd that whole pregnancy was, we don't even know if Big Nate was the dad, or if there even was a dad or if the baby was just a conglomerate of undead energy that Threnody absorbed.

Given how odd that whole pregnancy was, we don't even know if Big Nate was the dad, or if there even was a dad or if the baby was just a conglomerate of undead energy that Threnody absorbed.
    True but I love how Cullen answered the question

all vs Onslaught 1996

Familee Summers Peter nGuyen