Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Nate Grey: X-Man / Shaman Appreciation 2020

X-Man is an alternate version of the regular Marvel Universe hero Cable, hailing from the "Age of Apocalypse" (Earth-295) reality. He is the biological son of his dimension's Scott Summers and Jean Grey, born of genetic tampering by Mr. Sinister.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

One of the best X=non-X "long-term" team-ups ever made, before Ororo=T'Challa was expanded from a one-shot crossover alliance to a now-attacked and somewhat-discredited thing.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Incredible Member

I doubt we'll see Big Nathan while Hickman is in charge but I am glad we got Age of X-Man. It wasn't the most exciting, and thus well selling, crossover but it was a very hardline sci-fi story using the X-Men, evolution and reproduction as a framework. I also appreciated that the Life Seed created a whole other spatial reality like the Negative Zone or Dark Dimension instead of this alternate timeline.

Happy New Year to X-Man .

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think it is kind of tragic. Zac and Lonnie seem like huge Nate fans and age of X-man gave focus to this character and some development but also probably screwed him up a little.

My take: Have Nate comeback from travelling between dimensions. Have the Nate who stared in Age of X-man be a broken X-man like those referenced in earlier stories. Then let Nate just deal with small and large issues in this universe and others. A character that can be included when the writer wants but has an excuse with being off-universe when he's not included.

Have a recurring threat in a version of Onslaught. This version doesn't have to have much to do with the one we saw since his bit was constant evolving.

Sadly Marvel doesn't seem to care for Nate or characters of his powerlevels. So I doubt any of what I wrote will happen.

Nate Grey vs Xavier

So, while we all know he isn’t dead, is there a reason they haven’t brought back Nate via Krakoa? Hell you’d think Sinister would be itching to have him around.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So, while we all know he isn’t dead, is there a reason they haven’t brought back Nate via Krakoa? Hell you’d think Sinister would be itching to have him around.
    He's a universe right now, alive really only because of a merger with the Life Seed. If he comes back to Earth and dies, then the world goes boom because he releases a huge psionic discharge (as evidenced in the X-Man arc with Cable, Stryfe and Madelyne Pryor). The X-Men might not have a way to save his life so it might be safer to leave him there rather than the real world where he can change things with a thought and then randomly blow up. Or, Moira might not want him back because she's paranoid that such an absurdly powerful telepath who knows her could expose she's alive just by sensing her or that it's too dangerous to bring him back given everything he did in Disassembled and might just cause the world to turn on Krakoa faster.