Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Thread just reminds me that I'm mad they did Nate dirty.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is Nate on Krakoa?
    bleeding cool But the handbook also lists X-Man, X-23 and other clone characters in the midst of Krakoa.

It doesn't explicitly lists Nate as living in Krakoa, but it does mention that he's one of the current active X-Men members.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Side note on that list, why is Warlock listed as Former Member but X-Man is current? Shouldn't it be the other way around??

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Side note on that list, why is Warlock listed as Former Member but X-Man is current? Shouldn't it be the other way around??
    Because he's believed dead

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Thread just reminds me that I'm mad they did Nate dirty.
    Brought him back just to do foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Because he's believed dead
    Ok that makes sense then for Warlock. Thank you. But Nate isn't "executing a mission on behalf of mutantkind". He's sitting in his own failed reality as he can't cope with 616 waiting to die. So him being listed as active seems like a large stretch. But this is a handbook and they normally contain inaccurate information from time to time.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nate is active but he's not even at the Summers House?

Nice try, Marvel.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nate is active but he's not even at the Summers House?

Nice try, Marvel.
    Seems like Marvel is afraid to get all of the family back in one place, as if they would have this raging TK/TP brawl!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Seems like Marvel is afraid to get all of the family back in one place, as if they would have this raging TK/TP brawl!
    I think the issue is more that Nate is superfluous at the moment with Cable being a teenager. While their personalities and power ranges are different, Nate is modeled after Cable/Nathan. While not a clone he is the alternate reality version of a 616 character. They are trying to not have those be represented on Krakoa.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think the issue is more that Nate is superfluous at the moment with Cable being a teenager. While their personalities and power ranges are different, Nate is modeled after Cable/Nathan. While not a clone he is the alternate reality version of a 616 character. They are trying to not have those be represented on Krakoa.
    There has been a lot of rewrites or tweaks. I.e. How they removed most omega levels and Hickman said only certain mutants are omega level now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    There has been a lot of rewrites or tweaks. I.e. How they removed most omega levels and Hickman said only certain mutants are omega level now.
    An issue with that is that Hickman's definition for omega level mutants literally puts Big Nate as one of them, either for telepathy or telekinesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    An issue with that is that Hickman's definition for omega level mutants literally puts Big Nate as one of them, either for telepathy or telekinesis.
    No it doesnt. It firmly plants him as not one. Omegas have unlimited potential and Nate never did. When he was initially introduced, he was incredibly powerful but that power was killing him unless he were to burn out and that was a clear limitation. Thats not something that Jean, Quentin nor Exodus have.

Incredible Member

I think it is great that Hickman has limited the number of Omega mutants. The problem inherent with having too many Omega's is power creep - conflicts have to get bigger and bigger just to match the unlimited potential. Magneto is fine in the Omega role, as more often than not he's been the villain/anti-hero, but having too many heroes be Omega's strains logic. Jean Grey never gets the respect she deserves as an Omega, as the enemy always has telepathic protection or can counter her easily.

A full power Nate Grey should be able to steamroll anybody and anything, so why bring Eye-boy (don't know his name) to your X-factor investigation when you can have Nate Grey do time manipulation investigation?

I enjoyed Nate Grey in the New Mutants, where his powers were capped. It enabled him to be easily integrated into storylines, while continuing to promise the potential of his strong powers coming back. I believe Cable is distinct enough from Nate Grey, but as it is, the Summers family is already overloaded with characters and potential interactions.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No it doesnt. It firmly plants him as not one. Omegas have unlimited potential and Nate never did. When he was initially introduced, he was incredibly powerful but that power was killing him unless he were to burn out and that was a clear limitation. Thats not something that Jean, Quentin nor Exodus have.
    Read the original series, he's described as having limitless potential a few times. Hell, he's constantly called "the most powerful psi in any reality". His power burn out wasn't about his powers being limited, either, it was a failsafe that Mr. Sinister put in so that any use of his powers would eventually kill him - it had nothing to do with how high his powers could reach, just how many times they were used.
    Last edited by Drexelhand; 10-16-2020 at 11:08 AM.