Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Read the original series, he's described as having limitless potential a few times. Hell, he's constantly called "the most powerful psi in any reality". His power burn out wasn't about his powers being limited, either, it was a failsafe that Mr. Sinister put in so that any use of his powers would eventually kill him - it had nothing to do with how high his powers could reach, just how many times they were used.
    That's the problem with new writers and retconning....what is said and done in one book is changed or tweaked in the future. Happens to almost every character at some point. Fact is that Nate is not an omega per Hickman, and he's not even in this reality currently as he's quasi-dying from overusing his power and the Life Seed. Maybe he'll come back and they will explain how/why. But he's off the table as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    That's the problem with new writers and retconning....what is said and done in one book is changed or tweaked in the future. Happens to almost every character at some point. Fact is that Nate is not an omega per Hickman, and he's not even in this reality currently as he's quasi-dying from overusing his power and the Life Seed. Maybe he'll come back and they will explain how/why. But he's off the table as of now.
    A problem that certainly has different kind of degrees to it. Nate was created around the concept of power. Raw unchecked power. The restrain made sense both for the overall story and the character. Sinisters that is.

Considering the power balancing issues of a story with different forces facing each other it's more common to have a more powerful enemy. So in comics I can't think of many cases, especially with Marvel, where the hero is created to be so powerful as Nate was. It's beyond omega. That itself perhaps a comment on the concept of omega and how it had gotten out of hand. Yet Nate wasn't constructed as the master of any special discipline of psi powers. It was more that his energy level was so immense that he brute forced many feats.

So with Hickmans list it's harder to slot him in for a certain unique mastery. It would probably be omega psi. Astral manipulation? Going back to his feat with Xavier leading up to Onslaught.

Then you have the Grant story where Nate is considered to be the only complete version in the multiverse. The none broke Nate Grey. So perhaps it's more correct to slot him into a category called "Singular". Still the problem with multiverse characters are that some ridicolous versions exist that moves characters of different categories all over the power spectrum. Still the only complete Nate Grey. The character known through the multiverse for his power. To not be considered as one of the more powerful mutants? Well Age of X-man was the lead up to DoX. It removed him from any sembelance of active status. Tied his powers to an external source. It can certainly be viewed as an effort to not have him involved in a list that want's to tell a very specific message of the ranking. Most featured characters, if not all, used in the stories Hickman are telling.

I believe there are many good stories to tell with immesly powerful characters. I enjoyed the Blue Marvel mini we got some years ago. I think it was a nice contrast to say the more poor choices marvel has made with Sentry.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    A problem that certainly has different kind of degrees to it. Nate was created around the concept of power. Raw unchecked power. The restrain made sense both for the overall story and the character. Sinisters that is.

Considering the power balancing issues of a story with different forces facing each other it's more common to have a more powerful enemy. So in comics I can't think of many cases, especially with Marvel, where the hero is created to be so powerful as Nate was. It's beyond omega. That itself perhaps a comment on the concept of omega and how it had gotten out of hand. Yet Nate wasn't constructed as the master of any special discipline of psi powers. It was more that his energy level was so immense that he brute forced many feats.

So with Hickmans list it's harder to slot him in for a certain unique mastery. It would probably be omega psi. Astral manipulation? Going back to his feat with Xavier leading up to Onslaught.

Then you have the Grant story where Nate is considered to be the only complete version in the multiverse. The none broke Nate Grey. So perhaps it's more correct to slot him into a category called "Singular". Still the problem with multiverse characters are that some ridicolous versions exist that moves characters of different categories all over the power spectrum. Still the only complete Nate Grey. The character known through the multiverse for his power. To not be considered as one of the more powerful mutants? Well Age of X-man was the lead up to DoX. It removed him from any sembelance of active status. Tied his powers to an external source. It can certainly be viewed as an effort to not have him involved in a list that want's to tell a very specific message of the ranking. Most featured characters, if not all, used in the stories Hickman are telling.

I believe there are many good stories to tell with immesly powerful characters. I enjoyed the Blue Marvel mini we got some years ago. I think it was a nice contrast to say the more poor choices marvel has made with Sentry.
    And yet, all of those put him on par with Franklin Richards to the degree where if they ever fought, it'd just be a matter of who thinks the other dead first and Franklin is an omega level mutant.

But I agree with it, Nate right now may not be an Omega Level mutant because he's tied to the Life Seed. Shaman Nate would definitely qualify.

And yet, all of those put him on par with Franklin Richards to the degree where if they ever fought, it'd just be a matter of who thinks the other dead first and Franklin is an omega level mutant.

But I agree with it, Nate right now may not be an Omega Level mutant because he's tied to the Life Seed. Shaman Nate would definitely qualify.
    Yes I keep forgetting about Franklin.

Franklin on that list makes it hard to compare omegas. He created a whole earth. It lends itself towards that all omegas are not equall.

Mighty Member

I feel like Franklin could reverse himself being thought dead.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I feel like Franklin could reverse himself being thought dead.
    Given that Big Nate has done exactly that, Franklin could definitely do it.

Mighty Member

Given that Big Nate has done exactly that, Franklin could definitely do it.
    Cause franklin is the strongest

art by Magickmarker

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    That’s so dope

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Is this for a new tee shirt design or just artwork?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is this for a new tee shirt design or just artwork?
    I believe its of the issue in the Onslaught Saga where Mr. Sinister goes to the X-Mansion and fights X-Force, tempts Big Nate but Onslaught takes him anyway.

I believe its of the issue in the Onslaught Saga where Mr. Sinister goes to the X-Mansion and fights X-Force, tempts Big Nate but Onslaught takes him anyway.
    Thank you. Hard to tell sometimes, lol.

(It would make for a great Tee and Nate is prominent in front.)

Art by Peter Nguyen