Fantastic Member

Default Despero vs Apocalypse

Post Crisis Despero vs 616 En Sabah Nuh
    No BFR
    Who Wins? 🤔

BANNED

Despero

Unless apocalypse has some amazing new upgrade

Does Apocalypse have some new feats I wonder?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Does Apocalypse have some new feats I wonder?
    Only one comes to mind.

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Despero will probably possess him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Only one comes to mind.

Okay so pretty much the same as before. The expression, "all dressed up and no place to go", comes to mind when I think of Apocalypse.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm a bit rusty on Apocalypse, but isn't he a class 100 who can phase and is functionally immune to Xavier-class telepaths? Like, I can't think of a way for him to reliably hurt Despero, barring some prep or maybe phasing/teleportation shenanigans that he might have (can't really remember), but he might be able to ignore Despero's best stuff too, unless he gets blitzed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm a bit rusty on Apocalypse, but isn't he a class 100 who can phase and is functionally immune to Xavier-class telepaths? Like, I can't think of a way for him to reliably hurt Despero, barring some prep or maybe phasing/teleportation shenanigans that he might have (can't really remember), but he might be able to ignore Despero's best stuff too, unless he gets blitzed.
    I dont remember any phasing. He can manipulate his body structure but I dont recall full on intangibility.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I don't know how strong Apocalypse was, but in a JLA/JSA graphic novel, he casually tossed the combined might of Superman, Wonder Woman, and Captain Marvel aside, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    I don't know how strong Apocalypse was, but in a JLA/JSA graphic novel, he casually tossed the combined might of Superman, Wonder Woman, and Captain Marvel aside, IIRC.
    In fact, Despero dominated them physically. He also dominated Arthur and MM telepathically and was gaining others along the way had it not been for timely intervention by Zatanna. Despero is serious business with serious feats.
    Last edited by Cronus; 01-01-2020 at 10:16 PM.
    ----------------------

Post Crisis Despero was Xavier+ in TP feats.

Outside of Earth-295, Apocalypse has few impressive feats. Instead of trying to conquer the world, Apocalypse would be better off hosting a reality tv show about home renovation.