Page 91 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1874

DC Wonder Woman Ambassador, Nina Ha and her SuperWonder family, The “SuperHas”

"#imjustakidchallenge Superman Wonder Woman and Superkids"

"A friend sent me this picture today. I haven’t seen a physical copy of Bakersfield Life Magazine in months. 😄 We’re still coping here as best as we can. Some days are better than others. Praying you’re all hanging in there, too. ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB91XDIAmv5/

"Lots of good reads this week! My sweet friend, Teresa, dropped off a Wonder Woman book for me full of awesome wisdom and words of encouragement. Thank you! 💪"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFd5wKUg_kI/

"The Ha Dogs and I enjoyed shooting my first ever Tik Tok video on my account today. It was so fun!"
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B96HwIlg88E/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 10-14-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I kind of agree with you on that. Despite SM and BM were best pals during pre-Crisis, their friendship became strained and one-sided later. SM is reduced to being BM's bright mirror opposite in the best case, to not count the one-sided appearances/relevance on each others franchise.

The Trinity concept originated from Kingdom Come, and brought into the main canon starting with WW #140/141 in the late 90s:

But it turned into an empty concept now, without any resemblance of the original dynamic. The SM/WW's close friendship was diluted by it and certain writers used it to shift dynamics neutering SM/WW's connection.
    In regards to BM SM I think the New 52 showed how the dynamic can feel balanced. Ironically these scenes were mostly shown in the SM/WW series as Kal discussed his worries. It's the BMWW side of the trinity that's always felt a degree forced, especially since bruce timm's justice league as even death metal shows that Diana just turns into batman's head cheerleader("bats are the only mammals that fly" Shudder).

For the SMWW dynamic I think that it was always hinted at that there are feelings that are part of their friendship up until the new 52 with occasional flirting or touching of sorts. But ever since rebirth it's just been dead, almost strangers. Though I do admit it was nice for wonder woman in death metal to get that superman is always the most optimistic of routes.

Incredible Member

So we have some good news and bad news. The good news is that there's going to be a new Superman/ Wonder Woman book (for two issues). The bad news is that it's Jon and a new character taking on the mantel of wonder woman.

It's funny, I guess the Superman Wonder woman concept really sells after all. Who would've guessed eh?

I know that Jon isn't really liked in these parts, as even I've mentioned that he's nothing more then scrappy doo/ Cousin oliver syndrome. But it could be interesting to at least see a different version of the SMWW dynamic. However if the book has a "see what we can do when we work together in a platonic/ non romantic way. Why would we ever date?" message behind it which is basically is just a middle finger to the previous time they made this series then yeah I won't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    So we have some good news and bad news. The good news is that there's going to be a new Superman/ Wonder Woman book (for two issues). The bad news is that it's Jon and a new character taking on the mantel of wonder woman.

It's funny, I guess the Superman Wonder woman concept really sells after all. Who would've guessed eh?

I know that Jon isn't really liked in these parts, as even I've mentioned that he's nothing more then scrappy doo/ Cousin oliver syndrome. But it could be interesting to at least see a different version of the SMWW dynamic. However if the book has a "see what we can do when we work together in a platonic/ non romantic way. Why would we ever date?" message behind it which is basically is just a middle finger to the previous time they made this series then yeah I won't bother.
    I'd call this Indifferent news for me. I am not interested in this at all because I have no emotional investment in Jon nor the new Wonder Woman. DC is hell bent it seems on poaching the Superman/ Wonder Woman Power Couple mantle/ title and give it anyone but the original heroes Clark and Diana. DC can force tradition pairings ad nauseum, same outcomes over and over, yet something as barely explored as SMWW...the REAL ones...is not given a proper chance. DC would rather push stuff that have middling to poor sales in the long run than the stuff that does have an audience eager for something...anything. Think this SMWW can generate an ongoing that sells well and the kind of merch our new 52 couple did? I don't.

Just the SMWW IG shows the wide audience eager for merchandise and content. But DC would rather listen to groups that reflects a fraction of the superhero fandom. I see Marvel pumping WandaVision merch, they have 0 issues with having a powerful coupling, whose strengths are being unique. DC has got SMWW, who are far more loved and iconic and continue to sit on it. I do not understand their thinking nor business sense.

I am getting tired on waiting for anything from DC. Best bet is the fandom who do art and fics. Cheaper in these hard times at least.
    Last edited by hellacre; 10-15-2020 at 08:58 PM.

"Today was a special Drive-thru "Children's Day" with students from Colégio Nelson Gaspar, with the participation of Superman and Wonder Woman! 🦋💞😉🚙🏫🦋"

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    DC Wonder Woman Ambassador, Nina Ha and her SuperWonder family, The “SuperHas”

"#imjustakidchallenge Superman Wonder Woman and Superkids"

"A friend sent me this picture today. I haven’t seen a physical copy of Bakersfield Life Magazine in months. �� We’re still coping here as best as we can. Some days are better than others. Praying you’re all hanging in there, too. ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB91XDIAmv5/

"Lots of good reads this week! My sweet friend, Teresa, dropped off a Wonder Woman book for me full of awesome wisdom and words of encouragement. Thank you! ��"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFd5wKUg_kI/

"The Ha Dogs and I enjoyed shooting my first ever Tik Tok video on my account today. It was so fun!"
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B96HwIlg88E/
    Amazing. And again it is Diana and Clark that inspire people. DC seem blind to this. It's not about costumes or powers as some haters love to try to suggest why we love this couple. It is their temperaments, unique background that make them contrast so well and understand each other better than most, shared history along the decades, deep friendship, shared ideals, personalities that meld so well, the respect and trust the two share and what the stand for. Real life couples respond to this.
    Last edited by hellacre; 10-15-2020 at 08:03 PM.

For the SMWW dynamic I think that it was always hinted at that there are feelings that are part of their friendship up until the new 52 with occasional flirting or touching of sorts. But ever since rebirth it's just been dead, almost strangers. Though I do admit it was nice for wonder woman in death metal to get that superman is always the most optimistic of routes.
    That’s pretty much the appeal. A dynamic built on friendship with subtle/not so subtle romantic tension. Equals on every level. Two sides of the same coin. That’s what works and resonates with the general audience.

Being strangers is so odd and so obviously awkward and forced. Hasn’t exactly helped much of anything. If anything, rebirth limited the storytelling and dynamics than actually expanded.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I'd call this Indifferent news for me. I am not interested in this at all because I have no emotional investment in Jon nor the new Wonder Woman. DC is hell bent it seems on poaching the Superman/ Wonder Woman Power Couple mantle/ title and give it anyone but the original heroes Clark and Diana. DC can force tradition pairings ad nauseum, same outcomes over and over, yet something as barely explored as SMWW...the REAL ones...is not given a proper chance. DC would rather push stuff that have middling to poor sales in the long run than the stuff that does have an audience eager for something...anything. Think this SMWW can generate an ongoing that sells well and the kind of merch our new 52 couple did? I don't.

Just the SMWW IG shows the wide audience eager for merchandise and content. But DC would rather listen to groups that reflects a fraction of the superhero fandom. I see Marvel pumping WandaVision merch, the have 0 issues with having a powerful coupling, whose strengths are being unique. DC has got SMWW, who are far more oved and iconic and continue to sit on it. I do not understand their thinking nor business sense.

I am getting tired on waiting for anything from DC. Best bet is the fandom who do art and fics. Cheaper in these hard times at least.
    The irony is that in the solicits it says “...man of science and woman of myth, have the potential to become something powerful,....”

LOL! That’s literally Clark and Diana. It’s more than just the title of being Superman and Wonder Woman, though. What makes the dynamic work and what it is, is Clark and Diana at their core. Their connection does come from being each other counterpart in a very unique way. Two franchises that can blend so seamlessly together.
    Obviously the concept works, it sold, else, wouldn’t have the amount of merch it has. Way more than traditional pairs. Others are taking advantage of the concept with rip offs or attempting to shift it to other characters and it doesn’t work the same if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Amazing. And again it is Diana and Clark that inspire people. DC seem blind to this. It's not about costumes or powers as some haters love to try to suggest why we love this couple. It is their temperaments, unique background that make them contrast so well and understand each other better than most, shared history along the decades, deep friendship, shared ideals, personalities that meld so well, the respect and trust the two share and what the stand for. Real life couples respond to this.
    The Superman/Wonder Woman Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/dianaandkal/) has a 47k following. Way higher than any ship “only” instagram. Despite what’s said by detractors, the wider audience say others.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 10-15-2020 at 08:50 PM.

That’s pretty much the appeal. A dynamic built on friendship with subtle/not so subtle romantic tension. That’s what works and resonates with the general audience.

The irony is that in the solicits it says “...man of science and woman of myth, have the potential to become something powerful,....”

LOL! That’s literally Clark and Diana. It’s more than just the title of being Superman and Wonder Woman, though. What makes the dynamic work and what it is, is Clark and Diana at their core. Their connection does come from being each other counterpart part.
    Obviously the concept works, it sold, else, wouldn’t have the amount of merch it has. Way more than traditional pairs. Others are taking advantage of the concept with rip offs or attempting to shift it to other characters and it doesn’t work the same if at all.

The Superman/Wonder Woman Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/dianaandkal/) has a 47k following. Way higher than any ship “only” instagram. Despite what’s said by detractors, the wider audience say others.
    It's so ironic the way they are trying to sell this thing as if that is something so unique to 2 newbies. Face it, Jon is not his Dad, just a new and generic creation and the new girl is unknown. The other thing is...do they think SMWW fans are really going to go for this in place of Clark and Diana? And here's the other thing, even if it is as legacy characters why should we care? Jon has not interacted with Diana in any meaningful way during Rebirth. Why should I care about him when writers don't see Diana as remotely playing any kind of role in his life? Conner I care for because Diana had many interactions and conversations with him being a part of Clark's life preflashpoint, and Conner and Cassie together even allowed for Clark and Diana to have interactions around them. It was organic, not forced or hijacked so if Cassie and Conner became SMWW in the distant future for some reason, I would be fine with it. Hell Diana barely interacts with Clark the way she used to so all of this feels like its just pulled out of the air. So don't expect me to care when the present has 0 make me care for this future SMWW. I bet Clark and Diana, if the around never get to speak to each other. It's all just totally in keeping with the way Rebirth has been.
    Last edited by hellacre; 10-15-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Diana and Conner

” I haven’t posted in a while, so to make up for it here’s some old drawings of Diana and Kon!
    -
    Look, I know Kon wasn’t born at 13 and he can’t age,, but it’s MY headcanon, so I do what I want. 😌💅✨ Anyways, headcanon that when Kon was younger, Diana was (and still is) his motherly figure! The Justice League looked down on Kon but Diana was the only member to be like “yo stfu he’s only a kid😡” and the team was like “lmao aight what’re you gonna do? Be his MOM? 🙄😂” and Diana was like “YES, I will actually. And there’s nothing you can do about it!😚💅✨” And that’s how this happened!🤩😍✨
    -
    So, Diana met Kon maybe a month after he was born? (he was born at 13 in my,, er uh,, story???? idk what to call it. Umm chile anyways so) And they always got along well. Over time Kon became a really great fighter thanks to Diana! Ever since the day they met, Diana has always been like a mother to Kon.
    I hope y’all like this as much as I do! And sorry for the short cheesy comic, it was the best I could do at the time lmaoo

Diana and Conner

” I haven’t posted in a while, so to make up for it here’s some old drawings of Diana and Kon!
    -
    Look, I know Kon wasn’t born at 13 and he can’t age,, but it’s MY headcanon, so I do what I want. ����✨ Anyways, headcanon that when Kon was younger, Diana was (and still is) his motherly figure! The Justice League looked down on Kon but Diana was the only member to be like “yo stfu he’s only a kid��” and the team was like “lmao aight what’re you gonna do? Be his MOM? ����” and Diana was like “YES, I will actually. And there’s nothing you can do about it!����✨” And that’s how this happened!����✨
    -
    So, Diana met Kon maybe a month after he was born? (he was born at 13 in my,, er uh,, story???? idk what to call it. Umm chile anyways so) And they always got along well. Over time Kon became a really great fighter thanks to Diana! Ever since the day they met, Diana has always been like a mother to Kon.
    I hope y’all like this as much as I do! And sorry for the short cheesy comic, it was the best I could do at the time lmaoo

Oh ma goodness. How adorable!! I would read the heck out of this if this were a comic! See, we can count on the fans! And Diana and Conner as I mentioned have a dynamic, whereas her and Jon have nothing much.
    Last edited by hellacre; 10-15-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Diana and Conner

-
    Look, I know Kon wasn’t born at 13 and he can’t age,, but it’s MY headcanon, so I do what I want. ����✨ Anyways, headcanon that when Kon was younger, Diana was (and still is) his motherly figure! The Justice League looked down on Kon but Diana was the only member to be like “yo stfu he’s only a kid��” and the team was like “lmao aight what’re you gonna do? Be his MOM? ����” and Diana was like “YES, I will actually. And there’s nothing you can do about it!����✨” And that’s how this happened!����✨
    -

This is so sweet! And how should be.... tsc, DC missed so many opportunities here ... sorry, really sorry ... they and us, the fans, lose.