Page 21 of 125 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

DC Comics x BlackMilk Clothing Collection

“With Birds of Prey hitting screens, BlackMilk and DC Comics have teamed up to provide the perfect looks for watching the madcap action movie. The collection not only reimagines some of the titular heroine’s wardrobes but also features some classic comic book art from some of DC’s biggest names like Amanda Conner, Alex Ross, Paul Pelletier, Jim Lee , David Finch, and more. The collection will also include a range of pieces featuring popular characters from different eras including Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, The Joker and others. This is a super smart mashup of both classic comic book art and the cosplay inspired clothing trend. If you’re a fan of the new 52 era of DC Comics then you’ll likely be very happy as a lot of the art here is from that era. ” -nedist
    https://nerdist.com/article/dc-birds...lk-collection/

SUPER ROMANCE: “Because superheroes need love too.”

Superman/Wonder Woman on the front, Batman/Catwoman on the back

link to order the shirt: https://blackmilkclothing.com/collec...er-romance-bft
    Last edited by LoveStar; 02-06-2020 at 04:21 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

^^^Neat and original idea having both Jim Lee's "Power Couple Kisses" in the same shirt. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    That does make me excited, hope they stop teasing and just give us a new 52 book already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It sure would be nice to get something good out of this, considering the main drive of all this will be sending the main line right down the tubes.
    I guess that, if books set on Earth-52 will be made, they'll likely be released during the rumored 2 months of hiatus before the new DC's line wide relaunch. If this will be the case, DC should bring back writers/artists representative of the era. It would be nice to have Pak/Kuder, Azzarello/Chiang and Soule/Daniel back even for just 2 issues each.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-06-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post

So SUPERWONDER is with BatCat. Now that is some sweet irony. lol.

It goes to show too that these two Jim Lee images (both have statues and other merch) are more iconic now than what what we have of other couples over the years. Not even the movies or tv or Rebirth has affected this.

You know sometimes I think it is headless people working at DC Entertainment. Feels as if merchandising has no communication with comics division, nor tv and film. You might think they would at least have some communication.

It is baffling. SuperWonder gets merch as if they are together in movies and tv etc. Yet they are not given a moment to even share a glance or dialogue in any movie or tv shows. I think the powers that be need to get their act together. Big time. If you run a business, this is not how you do it. Even if it is just part of a big corporation. If you have something that can push merch, then why in god's name is it not being given what it needs? Exposure in live media? Or if you think what you have on movies and tv so great, why are you giving SMWW merch? Is it merchants know what moves in shops? That they would rather sell SMWW than the traditional stuff you're pushing on tv or movies? Something needs to align here. DC are sitting on a goldmine that not even Marvel has gotten with their couples and they are refusing or just too blind to see it. We need a SMWW centric live feature. Be it KC or whatever & the public would eat it up if it is done well.

Anyway BEAUTIFUL tee! And here to having more SMWW merch!

Kingdom Come's SM/WW by RymSlim:

"Drawing Kingdom Come - Love the story and tried to depict a happier themed image than the usual sad ones... ya know. Sort of what happened after."

"#KingdomCome"

https://twitter.com/RymSlim/status/1221853122538233867

DKverse's Diana with baby Jonathan by Scott Chantler:

"#WonderWoman fan commission."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7_17ldhcXu/

New Frontier's SM/WW by Iwan Hernawan:

"Line sketch & finished 😊"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7_q0M7ApaV/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ^^^Neat and original idea having both Jim Lee's "Power Couple Kisses" in the same shirt. ��

I guess that, if books set on Earth-52 will be made, they'll likely be released during the rumored 2 months of hiatus before the new DC's line wide relaunch. If this will be the case, DC should bring back writers/artists representative of the era. It would be nice to have Pak/Kuder, Azzarello/Chiang and Soule/Daniel back even for just 2 issues each.
    DC has disappointed me so much since Rebirth. Save DK verse, they have given smww fans 0 other than veiled insults. Up to even the movies failed to allow SMWW to even have a conversation. We won't even mention the new 52 animated verse they messed up to prop nostalgia and kill Superman again. For me to hope for anything pure new 52...I will believe it when I see it and even then... there are writers who have handled Rebirth I would not want them on a new 52 earth book. Soule is doing so much and doing so well at Marvel and his novels and creator own stuff, I don't know that he would come back. Azzarello is a possibility but then who knows. Pak not sure what he's doing. But new 52 needs writers that are not slaves to one outcome and who can understand smww worth as a couple and can leave off those antiquated troupes some at DC keep driving.
    Last edited by hellacre; 02-06-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Kingdom Come's SM/WW by RymSlim:

"Drawing Kingdom Come - Love the story and tried to depict a happier themed image than the usual sad ones... ya know. Sort of what happened after."

"#KingdomCome"

https://twitter.com/RymSlim/status/1221853122538233867

DKverse's Diana with baby Jonathan by Scott Chantler:

"#WonderWoman fan commission."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7_17ldhcXu/
    Ah I love that one KC one. Imagine how big and influential KC is and so much of its events and hx still so unknown.

And we need to see more DK Jonathan. SMWW children, when we have had them, many have always been exactly as I had hoped. Gifted from day one and knowing their heritages and who and what their parents are.

“ 💪💃🏻🕺🔥 #wonderwoman #superman #karnawał #partytime”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7y8a0IF78_/

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    DC has disappointed me so much since Rebirth. Save DK verse, they have given smww fans 0 other than veiled insults. Up to even the movies failed to allow SMWW to even have a conversation. We won't even mention the new 52 animated verse they messed up to prop nostalgia and kill Superman again.
    All DC media are connected and influence each others. Heck, SM was even killed in all of the iterations you cited after 2016. Not his luckiest period, eh? 😂

For me to hope for anything pure new 52...I will believe it when I see it and even then... there are writers who have handled Rebirth I would not want them on a new 52 earth book. Soule is doing so much and doing so well at Marvel and his novels and creator own stuff, I don't know that he would come back. Azzarello is a possibility but then who knows. Pak not sure what he's doing. But new 52 needs writers that are not slaves to one outcome and who can understand smww worth as a couple and can leave off those antiquated troupes some at DC keep driving.
    Yeah, I'd be fine also with authors who haven't worked during the New52 era as long as they'd be able to (re)capture the spirit of the work of Morrison/Pak/Soule/etc. Ideally, DC should launch an alternate line with these versions of SM and WW.

DC needs that... but do they want it? 🤔🙃
    With the mindset set on pushing “tradition” and outdated concepts....no

It doesn't work with the new generations. And you need them for the character surviving.
    LOL and yet this is fought against. 🙃 New fans weren’t important at the time.

Like the guy cross-dressing as WW in JL: War? 😂
    Yeah! 🤣

About possible developments regarding Earth-52... the JL of the New-52 era appears on the cover of this upcoming reality shattering DC's comic book: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...-book-day-2020 New52 Diana with her silver tiara is visible on the front, New52 SM is behind. Jeans & T-shirt SM is among the Supermen of the various eras on the left.

We'll see what will come out of it.
    Well this is interesting. Just hope for the best and accurate acknowledgment of New52/Earth 52 appears.

^^^Neat and original idea having both Jim Lee's "Power Couple Kisses" in the same shirt. 😎
    Of course! SMWW always brings originality. And Both SuperWonder and BatCat represent the moods/types of couples quite accurately. SuperWonder is lighter and more open, while BatCat is darker and more mysterious.

Its definitely a long shot but I would like for Soule/Daniel to be able to finish their story in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    So SUPERWONDER is with BatCat. Now that is some sweet irony. lol.

It goes to show too that these two Jim Lee images (both have statues and other merch) are more iconic now than what what we have of other couples over the years. Not even the movies or tv or Rebirth has affected this.

You know sometimes I think it is headless people working at DC Entertainment. Feels as if merchandising has no communication with comics division, nor tv and film. You might think they would at least have some communication.

It is baffling. SuperWonder gets merch as if they are together in movies and tv etc. Yet they are not given a moment to even share a glance or dialogue in any movie or tv shows. I think the powers that be need to get their act together. Big time. If you run a business, this is not how you do it. Even if it is just part of a big corporation. If you have something that can push merch, then why in god's name is it not being given what it needs? Exposure in live media? Or if you think what you have on movies and tv so great, why are you giving SMWW merch? Is it merchants know what moves in shops? That they would rather sell SMWW than the traditional stuff you're pushing on tv or movies? Something needs to align here. DC are sitting on a goldmine that not even Marvel has gotten with their couples and they are refusing or just too blind to see it. We need a SMWW centric live feature. Be it KC or whatever & the public would eat it up if it is done well.

Anyway BEAUTIFUL tee! And here to having more SMWW merch!
    SuperWonder, BatCat, and (although against better judgement)JokerHarley are the main DC couples marketable and are marketed. Obviously proven to be successes. It’s quite evident with our various posts here. And yes, most of the new52 SuperWonder images especially Jim Lee’s “The Kiss” stand out for merch. It’s no surprise but it is given how things have gone. Don’t honestly know and still don’t understand this counterproductive mindset. It’s not like SMWW wasn’t selling. It was halted and did an unnecessary 180.

Bold: this right here... SMWW is a goldmine that shouldn’t be ignored.

Latest Golden Child fan-arts (sketches by Arthur Ferreira Okabayashi, James Folland and Yuri Moraes):

"I haven't had the opportunity to read the comic yet, but I'm sure the work is fantastic! Two great artists working together, only good things can come out!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8KaT3WlH0t/

"Bravo to Frank Miller for giving us an update on the world he created nearly 40 years ago and huge congrats to @rafael_grampa for receiving the Best Artist nomination from the Golden Issue Awards. Keep going guys."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7L0AJjjlIr/

"The Golden Child"

https://www.instagram.com/yurimoraesxx/

[CENTER]

I approve of this design, so romantic and epic.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

LOL and yet this is fought against. 🙃 New fans werenÂ’t important at the time.
    Because new fans aren't supposed to be "true fans". 🙃

Whatever it means. 😂

Well this is interesting. Just hope for the best and accurate acknowledgment of New52/Earth 52 appears.
    I'm not sure how New52/Earth 52 could be acknowledge in the book. Maybe Wally will explore the various DC's eras before altering the timeline or something?

Its definitely a long shot but I would like for Soule/Daniel to be able to finish their story in a way.
    2 issues wouldn't be enough for them to finish their story. It looks they had at least 2 more years worth of storylines judging by the set up of the early SM/WW issues.

SuperWonder, BatCat, and (although against better judgement)JokerHarley are the main DC couples marketable and are marketed. Obviously proven to be successes. ItÂ’s quite evident with our various posts here.
    I guess, it's because the Suicide Squad movie romanticized their relationship. 🤔

And yes, most of the new52 SuperWonder images especially Jim Lee’s “The Kiss” stand out for merch. It’s no surprise but it is given how things have gone. Don’t honestly know and still don’t understand this counterproductive mindset. It’s not like SMWW wasn’t selling. It was halted and did an unnecessary 180.

Bold: this right here... SMWW is a goldmine that shouldnÂ’t be ignored.
    Which Jim Lee's SM/WW kiss stand out for merch? There are 3 of them. 😜

Because new fans aren't supposed to be "true fans". 🙃
    Whatever it means. 😂[/QUOTE]

The meaning doesn’t even matter because it was a shallow and pointless statement/mindset from jump and it surely did age like milk....

I'm not sure how New52/Earth 52 could be acknowledge in the book. Maybe Wally will explore the various DC's eras before altering the timeline or something?
    They honestly don’t need anymore altering. This timeline stuff is so messy. Just explore different worlds in a respectful manner to the era and go from there.

2 issues wouldn't be enough for them to finish their story. It looks they had at least 2 more years worth of storylines judging by the set up of the early SM/WW issues.
    A maxi but under black label would be ideal.

I guess, it's because the Suicide Squad movie romanticized their relationship. 🤔
    Yeah probably...

Which Jim Lee's SM/WW kiss stand out for merch? There are 3 of them. 😜
    Heh...of course, as well as others from Tony Daniel used as well.
    Still belief, a sole SMWW (His/Her) line of various products would be amazing! Clothing, statues, cases... etc... everything we’ve already seen and more.

They honestly don’t need anymore altering. This timeline stuff is so messy. Just explore different worlds in a respectful manner to the era and go from there.
    Yeah, I think DC thought 35 years and many reboots too late of having just one long continuity like Marvel. Good luck to make it works. 🙃

A maxi but under black label would be ideal.
    I thought of dividing each arc in 3 prestige format issues and doing multiple minis.

Yeah probably...
    Oh, well... maybe we'll see Joker/Harley squeezed somehow in a BatCat/SuperWonder shirt next. 😂

Heh...of course, as well as others from Tony Daniel used as well.
    Still belief, a sole SMWW (His/Her) line of various products would be amazing! Clothing, statues, cases... etc... everything we’ve already seen and more.
    I like this idea... 😏

Yeah, I think DC thought 35 years and many reboots too late of having just one long continuity like Marvel. Good luck to make it works. 🙃
    Especially with all the contradictions. Much simpler with different earths.

I thought of dividing each arc in 3 prestige format issues and doing multiple minis.
    That would be great too!

Oh, well... maybe we'll see Joker/Harley squeezed somehow in a BatCat/SuperWonder shirt next. 😂
    🤔 that’s very possible.

I like this idea... 😏
    🤗