Superman / Clark Kent / Kal-El : @ian14483”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEHc5vOBKsx/

“Turorial : How to deal with hubby.
    Superman / Clark Kent / Kal-El : @ian14483
    Wonder Woman : @ayr.omayra”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CENixxABt9V/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I'd call this Indifferent news for me. I am not interested in this at all because I have no emotional investment in Jon nor the new Wonder Woman. DC is hell bent it seems on poaching the Superman/ Wonder Woman Power Couple mantle/ title and give it anyone but the original heroes Clark and Diana. DC can force tradition pairings ad nauseum, same outcomes over and over, yet something as barely explored as SMWW...the REAL ones...is not given a proper chance. DC would rather push stuff that have middling to poor sales in the long run than the stuff that does have an audience eager for something...anything. Think this SMWW can generate an ongoing that sells well and the kind of merch our new 52 couple did? I don't.
    I don't think it will be as good or as popular as the original run and to be honest this feels like DC is trying appease both sides but it probably won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Just the SMWW IG shows the wide audience eager for merchandise and content. But DC would rather listen to groups that reflects a fraction of the superhero fandom. I see Marvel pumping WandaVision merch, they have 0 issues with having a powerful coupling, whose strengths are being unique. DC has got SMWW, who are far more loved and iconic and continue to sit on it. I do not understand their thinking nor business sense.
    Does seems weird that DC comics have the original characters and cannot be bothered to explore their relationship beyond what they did in the new 52 (with the threat of a massive breakup in the back of peoples minds) yet nearly every other comic book company has mirrors of these two and explored their relationship dynamic so much, just seems weird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    That’s pretty much the appeal. A dynamic built on friendship with subtle/not so subtle romantic tension. Equals on every level. Two sides of the same coin. That’s what works and resonates with the general audience.

Being strangers is so odd and so obviously awkward and forced. Hasn’t exactly helped much of anything. If anything, rebirth limited the storytelling and dynamics than actually expanded.
    It seems rebirth was just a deliberate attempt to break off superman's relationships besides the bat family and his own for his book. Even supergirl and Kon suffered during rebirth. You see the bat family grow and grow yet the super family just shrinks and shrinks and it's sad. And in justice league books just have no affect on the single books anymore so what's the point there.

The irony is that in the solicits it says “...man of science and woman of myth, have the potential to become something powerful,....”

LOL! That’s literally Clark and Diana. It’s more than just the title of being Superman and Wonder Woman, though. What makes the dynamic work and what it is, is Clark and Diana at their core. Their connection does come from being each other counterpart in a very unique way. Two franchises that can blend so seamlessly together.
    I wish that tag line was attached to the beginning of the superman wonder woman relationship rather then geoff johns warning of a massive breakup. But yeah it seems they've copied and pasted the dynamic without the legwork it seems.
    Obviously the concept works, it sold, else, wouldn’t have the amount of merch it has. Way more than traditional pairs. Others are taking advantage of the concept with rip offs or attempting to shift it to other characters and it doesn’t work the same if at all.
    Yup, squadron supreme, Jupiter's legacy and astro city all prove the concept is a recipe for success, just curious as to why they don't explore it with their own? Even as a else world like world 52.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Cool Superman & Wonder Woman Phone Cases:

"Superman and Wonder Woman Fire Love iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR Case"

https://creativeprintcases.com/produ...iphone-xr-case

"Rubber Cell Phone Case - BLACK - Superman/Wonder Woman Issue #11 Selfie Variant Cover Pose/Clouds FCG"

https://shop.buckle-down.com/product...ose-clouds-fcg

"Superhero Couple Series"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF_fcC9j7XH/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Is this thread exclusively for clark and diana? Can we make posts on other legacy super/wonder character books? Anyways, there is gonna be a superman/wonderwoman book with legacy superman and ww for those that are interested .

I don’t understand trying to force change dynamics to a point of causing it to be so empty. Wasn’t it twice trying a trinity book and both times it fell flat? Instead of fighting against dynamics that work, respect it. Obviously smww is a dynamic that keeps things balanced.
    I don't understand it either. 🤷*♂️

SMWW works both ways, to be honest. However, continuity is a headache and writers tend to want to play safe and be lazy. Would rather it be out of continuity not only for more creativity, less restrictions, but out of continuity books tend to be the ones more profound, actually complete and stand out.
    Continuity isn't a bad thing per se, but it became so for DC, or at least for certain DC's franchises. Out of continuity, you can get a complete story like KC but with less frequency or no real follow up. 🤔 Btw, I think Tom King got the best of both worlds with his BatCat epic.

DC Wonder Woman Ambassador, Nina Ha and her SuperWonder family, The “SuperHas”

"Lots of good reads this week! My sweet friend, Teresa, dropped off a Wonder Woman book for me full of awesome wisdom and words of encouragement. Thank you! 💪"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFd5wKUg_kI/
    The family pic in the background is really cool. Remind me of the AC #1000 SM/WW family portrait made by Godstaff. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    In regards to BM SM I think the New 52 showed how the dynamic can feel balanced. Ironically these scenes were mostly shown in the SM/WW series as Kal discussed his worries. It's the BMWW side of the trinity that's always felt a degree forced, especially since bruce timm's justice league as even death metal shows that Diana just turns into batman's head cheerleader("bats are the only mammals that fly" Shudder).
    It's forced when one character never had any presence or relevance in the other's books/franchise. Or you have to undermine pre-existing dynamics (*cough* SM/WW *cough*) and/or go full history revisionist with BS claims.

For the SMWW dynamic I think that it was always hinted at that there are feelings that are part of their friendship up until the new 52 with occasional flirting or touching of sorts. But ever since rebirth it's just been dead, almost strangers. Though I do admit it was nice for wonder woman in death metal to get that superman is always the most optimistic of routes.
    Obviously, It was on purpose by whoever took over the books back then. I can share via PM what one of the DC folks said about the shipper nonsense was going on BTS with one of the writers. 🙄

I don't like Jon for obvious reasons, but I am really excited for Brazilian Wonder Woman, so I think I'll still enjoy it. I know this new Future State book isn't what many SM/WW shippers had in mind but I urge everyone to please buy the book, if each of us spends a few bucks and it gets DC to notice us and do more SM/WW stuff in the future, it's worth it imo.

SuperKids Cosplay

“Wonder Woman has your back SUPES.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFfUxjiDjUx/

Quote Originally Posted by Black Superman View Post
    I don't like Jon for obvious reasons, but I am really excited for Brazilian Wonder Woman, so I think I'll still enjoy it. I know this new Future State book isn't what many SM/WW shippers had in mind but I urge everyone to please buy the book, if each of us spends a few bucks and it gets DC to notice us and do more SM/WW stuff in the future, it's worth it imo.
    And I agree! We should buy the book and send photos to DC saying that we are buying but that we will only spend money with the company again when they give us the real SMWW! The only thing I disagree with here is the fact that DC will notice us there .... they already noticed us and found that we are strong, the proof is this book.

Original Kittens art by Madame Huguette:

"Even superheroes are sometimes in difficult situations ... but hey... it's still rare..."

"« Haven't you put on some weight? »... preponderant question with the beautiful days which arrive!!!!"

"Special order for a birthday!!! The Super Heroes' Rest"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAM8KSUjlIS/

So we have some good news and bad news. The good news is that there's going to be a new Superman/ Wonder Woman book (for two issues). The bad news is that it's Jon and a new character taking on the mantel of wonder woman.

It's funny, I guess the Superman Wonder woman concept really sells after all. Who would've guessed eh?

I know that Jon isn't really liked in these parts, as even I've mentioned that he's nothing more then scrappy doo/ Cousin oliver syndrome. But it could be interesting to at least see a different version of the SMWW dynamic. However if the book has a "see what we can do when we work together in a platonic/ non romantic way. Why would we ever date?" message behind it which is basically is just a middle finger to the previous time they made this series then yeah I won't bother.
    Why, DC? That's not the SM/WW book or the Superman and Wonder Woman we asked for. 😂

I wonder if it was supposed to be an ongoing planned for the aborted 5G initiative or a brand/concept that DC wants to focus on again anyway moving forward? I see all their main brands among the Future State books as well as characters like the New Gods, Black Adam or Vixen that currently have projects in development in other media and will eventually be more prominent in comics in the upcoming years. 🤔

The irony is that in the solicits it says “...man of science and woman of myth, have the potential to become something powerful,....”

LOL! That’s literally Clark and Diana. It’s more than just the title of being Superman and Wonder Woman, though. What makes the dynamic work and what it is, is Clark and Diana at their core. Their connection does come from being each other counterpart in a very unique way. Two franchises that can blend so seamlessly together.
    Obviously the concept works, it sold, else, wouldn’t have the amount of merch it has. Way more than traditional pairs. Others are taking advantage of the concept with rip offs or attempting to shift it to other characters and it doesn’t work the same if at all.
    Yeah, that's the first thing I thought reading the solicit for the book. I bet that by the 2nd issue, their dynamic is going to end up resembling that of Clark & Diana from pre-FP or something. 🙃

It seems rebirth was just a deliberate attempt to break off superman's relationships besides the bat family and his own for his book. Even supergirl and Kon suffered during rebirth. You see the bat family grow and grow yet the super family just shrinks and shrinks and it's sad. And in justice league books just have no affect on the single books anymore so what's the point there.
    It was deliberate to establish the new Superboy.

In 2015, Kon was in the Teen Titans book and Tom King/Kennet Rocafort were working on an upcoming Suberboy relaunch but his planned series had to be aborted and he had to disappear the month DC released the 1st issue of Jurgens' L&C series to not get in the way of the newly introduced character. Even Bendis (who pushed to get Kon back) confirmed Kon wasn't around anymore because the new Superboy had to get all the spotlight.

Superdad's story arcs and his own character were all focused on the new kid, both in the main SM books or team books. Look at what SM talks about all the time in Hitch's JL. In one issue, he even said he doesn't care about Earth or Krypton, and his family is all his world.

Obviously, the interactions with BM and Damian had to stay for the launch of the Supersons book, lol.

Yup, squadron supreme, Jupiter's legacy and astro city all prove the concept is a recipe for success, just curious as to why they don't explore it with their own? Even as a else world like world 52.
    See above about the franchises revolving around whatever they are trying to push.

I don't think it will be as good or as popular as the original run and to be honest this feels like DC is trying appease both sides but it probably won't work.
    Of course not. Superman and Wonder Woman relationship and concept is more than just “Superman” and “Wonder Woman” by hero name. It’s Kal/Clark and Diana’s relationship and most of the rip off have exactly that background template.

Even with the original run, forced conflict be the second creative team was off putting. This, with everything that has come about to screw over the original is most definitely missing the mark.

Does seems weird that DC comics have the original characters and cannot be bothered to explore their relationship beyond what they did in the new 52 (with the threat of a massive breakup in the back of peoples minds) yet nearly every other comic book company has mirrors of these two and explored their relationship dynamic so much, just seems weird.
    The original has natural conflict that has nothing to do with soap opera relationship conflict. Writers are so used to only that when it comes to testing relationships, and “they will, won’t they” trope, they can’t think outside.

Every other company also thinks about what would interest the wider audience and trying to get new fans. DC is just now trying to play catch up but still can’t let go of nostalgia and outdated concepts. They would rather just give it new paint.

I wish that tag line was attached to the beginning of the superman wonder woman relationship rather then geoff johns warning of a massive breakup. But yeah it seems they've copied and pasted the dynamic without the legwork it seems.
    I believe it was just like “Power Couple”.
    Bold: That’s how it been and diluting the concept. Like, “Power Couple” is thrown around so much it’s just a buzz title now instead of the couple representing what it actually means. And that seems okay. But when it comes to SMWW, the title is belittled and claimed to be just because “powers”.

Jupiter Legacy is straight up promoted/advertised as “What if Superman and Wonder Woman had kids?” For that alone which is big says a lot.

Also, there’s Trill League animation coming up with the Superman/Wonder Woman inspired characters having an on/off relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is this thread exclusively for clark and diana? Can we make posts on other legacy super/wonder character books? Anyways, there is gonna be a superman/wonderwoman book with legacy superman and ww for those that are interested.
    Cosplays and comic panels of Kon and Cassie as SM/WW were featured in the previous threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Superman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    And I agree! We should buy the book and send photos to DC saying that we are buying but that we will only spend money with the company again when they give us the real SMWW! The only thing I disagree with here is the fact that DC will notice us there .... they already noticed us and found that we are strong, the proof is this book.
    It's tricky. Depending on the long term plans, sales of the mini could be interpreted by DC in different ways from what we hope for. What's DC's real goal here (if there is any)? Introducing Yara Flor in the main canon as a new Wonder Girl and tie her to Jon/Superboy like he was tied to Damian before?

I still don't want to look at it as a no-win situation but only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Cool Superman & Wonder Woman Phone Cases:

"Superman and Wonder Woman Fire Love iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR Case"

https://creativeprintcases.com/produ...iphone-xr-case

"Rubber Cell Phone Case - BLACK - Superman/Wonder Woman Issue #11 Selfie Variant Cover Pose/Clouds FCG"

https://shop.buckle-down.com/product...ose-clouds-fcg

"Superhero Couple Series"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF_fcC9j7XH/
    I believe the middle case is officially licensed. SMWW continues to be marketed together whether officially and costumed and the disconnect between DC does as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Continuity isn't a bad thing per se, but it became so for DC, or at least for certain DC's franchises. Out of continuity, you can get a complete story like KC but with less frequency or no real follow up. 🤔 Btw, I think Tom King got the best of both worlds with his BatCat epic.
    BatCat had a better chance to continue on in a different way because first, it’s still the status quo, second, BatCat is still within Batman world and third, it does have the benefit of being under Black Label.

SMWW had factors against it, which is 2 separate franchises and it was in the way of the status quo they wanted to push. That still doesn’t justify purposely screwing it over and ruining it as pushing the petty spiteful narrative of it being doom/gloom, not right or whatever. Even if it was given another book to finish, seeing that it might have sold better or the focus of promotion would’ve just cause more of a contradicting headache for DC

The family pic in the background is really cool. Remind me of the AC #1000 SM/WW family portrait made by Godstaff. lol
    Godstaff’s portrait is a wonderful representation of real life smww families and seeing the real life families just gives so much more feels.

It's forced when one character never had any presence or relevance in the other's books/franchise. Or you have to undermine pre-existing dynamics (*cough* SM/WW *cough*) and/or go full history revisionist with BS claims.
    Too much... and none of that has been worth it given the confused messy state DC is still in