Page 49 of 125 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Drawings by Annarita, Catalina and Sheila Marie:

"And then I kissed you.. a whole new world of desire, dreams and wonders open up before me ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-B8BjDnaKR/

"Concept by #jimlee #study #watercolour #pencil"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9_6S1Up1m3/

"Kiss and make art."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-aKiJ_ppyE/

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    All of this, especially the bold parts. They are literally and figuratively the definition of Ultimate Power Couple. That's not a throw away phrase on them. With their ideals, their strength, their vision, the way the complement each other, enhance aspects of the other. Theirs is a relationship of honesty, vulnerability, and open communication. It's what has made them compelling as best friends and lovers. And the best thing about it is that they better each other and they do not drag the other down.

They are the Ultimate Power Couple, because without a doubt they are capable and formidable on their own, but together they are neigh invincible. In strength, in drive, in focus, and in objective. Once they come together to accomplish anything, they are unstoppable. It is why those who misunderstand them fear them being together, because together it is known that they are an amazing and unbreakable force. Without a doubt we all know who the true Power Couple is. It's been shown and stated throughout the years in different ways. Superman and Wonder Woman always. No pandering, no false claims.

Exactly! It’s not a gimmick for SMWW. We’ve seen from the many posts here of couples telling their own story of why they are inspired and motivated as Power Couples. How SMWW resonates with them.
    Special milestones in life, SMWW has been apart of. Even now with this pandemic, the creative motivational artwork.

Power Couple has been defined in depth with SMWW. It’s a shame that it’s been taken at times and diluted because of the belief that if you slap the title on any pair to promote, it’ll have the same meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Cartoon Video - April the First by Laddy Legasus:

Gifs by Snowbyrd:

https://snowbyrdn7.tumblr.com/post/6...by-ladylegasus
    OMG!!! This is awesome!!! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    DC: let's stop giving SMWW fans reasons to like the couple, let's block, avoid and barely talk about any possible proximity between them!

SMWW fans: Hold my beer ...
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post

Right?! 🙌🏾🙌🏾
    Gotta love and respect the resiliency of the Superman and Wonder Woman fandom. Despite the outright pettiness, disrespect, false narrative, agenda driven propaganda and hyperbole, and gaslighting attempts made against the pair, the fandom is still here.

It is a reminder of not just the strength of the pairing but of its supporters. The fandom has been in existence for a long time, and will continue to be here. We may not be as loud, nor go about making threats or hyperbolic statements as others are wont to do, because some of us believe in decency, but here we certainly are. And the fandom continues to show its love for the pairing through content creation and through other forms of creativity, which is amazing to see.
    This! So, so, so much this!

Yes... but I would really like an animation outside the standards used by DC ... square face, rough movements ... it looks like a job done on the thighs .... I would really like SMWW to have their own pattern. It is not so difficult to reproduce Tony's art or even Lee's (of course you need talented people and not the one who thinks that can draw because grew up listening to the half-blind grandma's praising him). And above all Soule needs to coordinate or even write the script. SMWW writers need complete freedom! You must tell them: do you know sky? It doesn't limit you! Do you know the universe? It doesn't limit you! Your imagination limits you and that's it. Take Disney for example! Invest in a soundtrack! Invite a friendly artist to the couple to make the theme song! The public is here! The money is here! Just need courage and vision!
    Daniel or Lee art would be difficult to reproduce, I think. I wouldn't mind an anime style animation for SM/WW instead. 🤔

Agree that the only limit for SM/WW potential is the writers' imagination... and producers' bias. 🙃

"Working from home is normal for me, but today it was all about social distancing... It was pleasure to photograph this new
    @nhswebsite
    inspired piece by
    @craigkennyart
    ! #notallsuperheroswearcapes #COVID19 #coronavirus #nurses #doctors"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-c5NUhB..._web_copy_link

"The real superheroes #nhs #staysafekeepthefaith"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Xz62gB..._web_copy_link

"The real superheroes - original painting acrylic on canvas. A month ago I meet up with William McFarlane, for plans to do a commission painting of superheroes along with nurses and doctors. We agreed to go with a new angle on the bright side of the road theme... how so much can change within a month! William had plans for a black tie charity ball event. This was originally arranged for June 20th 2020, but with the current situation it has unfortunately been postponed. The dinner was to thank all the hard-working staff in Thompson House Lisburn and Harberton Special school Belfast for their amazing work. Along with the doctors and nurses, (these are the real superheroes)!!! As my gift to Lauren, Williams daughter who is our family Hero, I would like to give you this original painting #therealsuperheroes #nhs #staysafekeepthefaith"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XMDroh..._web_copy_link

IMO, the only real chance SM/WW got to prove its success on its own was the joint series from 2014/2016. It outsold the Trinity book that was supposed to replace it and without coming right after a boosting sales line wide relaunch like Trinity. Sales were also slight better than the current BM/SM book and its cardstock variants. An analogue "shipper" book like Jurgens' L&C series was a flop selling in the 10k range.

Wish SM/WW got a similar chance on animation. Even just for the sake of having a real comparison with the almost flop of RoS and WW: Bloodline (both are their low selling movies).
    LOL. 🤣

I don't really know how much it costs to produce these animated films to define how much of their low selling ones flopped or just underperformed.

It looks bad for WW though: https://the-numbers.com/movie/Wonder-Woman-Bloodlines Lower sales will give an excuse to sideline the character, I fear. SM will have a chance soon with MoT instead. DoS doesn't really count for its gimmick-y nature.

Still I wanted at least an adaptation of Soule's first SM/WW arc as its animated movie. It wasn't fair to not give SM/WW a real chance to prove itself on animation.
    Bold:

Record scratched...

This makes it much more insulting. One would expect if something was claimed to be better than SMWW...you know it would have actually shown to be better! There shouldn’t have been “almost flops” or flops period. So now we have the answer to the question of was it worth screwing over SMWW. Of all the FACTS provided, no. Bias preferences and petty insults wasn’t worth it.

I recall the producer also saying SMWW was for younger fans too. Made it seem like a bad thing. LOL Isn’t that what DC is looking for and wanting, though? Younger fans to be interested in these characters?

Poor Wonder Woman. She had a successful live action movie. But still gets mistreated, sidelined, and used as a mouthpiece to prop up other characters that still can’t stand on their own to reach success claimed.

But like I said, SMWW has proven itself multiple times over. But that’s probably why it’s not given the chance because it will show it’ll outsell bias “old school” preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Bold:

Record scratched...

This makes it much more insulting. One would expect if something was claimed to be better than SMWW...you know it would have actually shown to be better! There shouldn’t have been “almost flops” or flops period. So now we have the answer to the question of was it worth screwing over SMWW. Of all the FACTS provided, no. Bias preferences and petty insults wasn’t worth it.

I recall the producer also saying SMWW was for younger fans too. Made it seem like a bad thing. LOL Isn’t that what DC is looking for and wanting, though? Younger fans to be interested in these characters?

Poor Wonder Woman. She had a successful live action movie. But still gets mistreated, sidelined, and used as a mouthpiece to prop up other characters that still can’t stand on their own to reach success claimed.

But like I said, SMWW has proven itself multiple times over. But that’s probably why it’s not given the chance because it will show it’ll outsell bias “old school” preferences.

about the bold part:
    WW is a phenomenon in herself ... she is known all over the world, she was before the movie. In fact, I believe that the movie was only successful because people who don't read comics but knew her by name wanted to see her... unfortunately these people faced a diluted and confused version of her that displeased older and more radical fans (myself included) and ended up creating a generation of new fans that don't know anything about the real WW, what she stands for and why the movie version is so wrong (now and then I have to deal with young fans with a distorted view of her)... don't get me wrong, i'm not saying here that WW movie is so bad as to be a female version of BMvsSM, i'm saying it was an excellent opportunity to show the world who she really is... Well what I mean is that WW is popular and known regardless of what's going on in the comics... the same thing happens with SMWW! SMWW can be considered a popular phenomenon because it came from a longing of the fans. There is no more genuine and faithful way to like it! There is no point in trying to put them down, there is no point in not promoting them ... it only makes the company lose money, stop earning more good money! It's stupid.
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 04-04-2020 at 07:52 AM.

SuperWonder shirts and cosplay

“Okay but this is kinda cute/cool! ❤️💙”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-iJXypnmol/

“My Wonder Woman! 😍❤🤭”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-QNZWsHcOF/

“And today a tribute to the birthday's celebrant, our dear Guto, I mean... Superman. 🦸*♂️ Congratulations my dear, that God bless you a lot, that no kryptonite takes away the strength you have."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XaoSYHE1s/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 04-04-2020 at 09:30 AM.

“Heroes and Villains”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-X2IMEjKmV/

“Don't you miss Wonder Woman and her friend Superman a little?😀”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-QqpGEpUmq/

“Don’t you just love power couples! #paxeast2020“

https://www.instagram.com/p/B96bbVZDHGa/

Cartoon Video - April the First by Laddy Legasus:

Gifs by Snowbyrd:

https://snowbyrdn7.tumblr.com/post/6...by-ladylegasus
    DC: let's stop giving SMWW fans reasons to like the couple, let's block, avoid and barely talk about any possible proximity between them!

SMWW fans: Hold my beer ...
    Hahahaha. Hell yes! This is just awesome!!!!

To those DCAU animators who go out of their way to destroy so many important Clark x Diana moments and ignore the source material to push their own bias as seen in so many features starting from the Justice League series that changed For the Man Who has Everything to New Frontier to the Death of Superman hacking the new 52 to undermine the love between Clark and Diana to prop old narratives to Red Son...this is dedicated to you!

What comics fail to give, we have artists and writers more than ready to draw and write fics. Now we have animators. Thank you, Lady Legasus, for having the gumption to not cower before haters and enjoying your craft.

LOL. ��

I don't really know how much it costs to produce these animated films to define how much of their low selling ones flopped or just underperformed.

It looks bad for WW though: https://the-numbers.com/movie/Wonder-Woman-Bloodlines Lower sales will give an excuse to sideline the character, I fear. SM will have a chance soon with MoT instead. DoS doesn't really count for its gimmick-y nature.

Still I wanted at least an adaptation of Soule's first SM/WW arc as its animated movie. It wasn't fair to not give SM/WW a real chance to prove itself on animation.
    Is really would not be fair to sideline Diana because they used the entire new 52 line up and Justice League to prop that Death of Superman. I bet if they had done a pure Death of Superman as in the comics even with Reign, it would never have done those numbers. And they are doing the same with this last one Apokolips War. They are conveniently using the new 52 Justice League to prop Superman centric stuff and also sidelining the JL and WW as far as I can see from the tidbits we are seeing online.

All they had to do was a JL story with WW front and center and the actual Darkseid War was exactly that. It is source material and gives a strong heroine some respect...but nope. They rather botch the entire story to prop certain elements or characters who don't need it. This I will say is not fair AT ALL to the people that bought those books, made those stories best sellers. When they take a story as a fan it is supposed to excite you because you finally getting what you love come to life...but the DC and WB people only know to pander to one group these days. And what we get is often this watered down, weak version of the story. This is shame because the stories often are solid and better.

There was so much fresh stuff to have gotten out of the new 52. From Zod/ Faora vs SMWW. The new Doomsday spin with SuperDoom, the Savage Dawn, the Azzarello Gods, Amazo War, the Trinity War, and the proper Darkseid War. Instead we get a mish mash that makes no sense and willing to undermine several characters that finally got some recognition during the new 52 era from Wonder Woman to Aquaman etc. I don't know who is the brain at this side of the company but they keep making the same old mistakes by retreading old tired ground and not giving the characters that need and earned the exposure that screen time and not giving the fresh, creative stories (and writers) their due.
    Last edited by hellacre; 04-04-2020 at 11:54 AM.

EMTEC Power Clean Travel Essentials Kit on Woot.com:

https://computers.woot.com/offers/em...vel-kit-6-pack

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Hahahaha. Hell yes! This is just awesome!!!!

To those DCAU animators who go out of their way to destroy so many important Clark x Diana moments and ignore the source material to push their own bias as seen in so many features starting from the Justice League series that changed For the Man Who has Everything to New Frontier to the Death of Superman hacking the new 52 to undermine the love between Clark and Diana to prop old narratives to Red Son...this is dedicated to you!

What comics fail to give, we have artists and writers more than ready to draw and write fics. Now we have animators. Thank you, Lady Legasus, for having the gumption to not cower before haters and enjoying your craft.
    This is true popularity !!!! We have several artists, cosplayers, amateur writers and now animators who do it for free, for the sake of the characters better works than the so-called professionals are doing and you know why? Because they LOVE the characters! They are inspired by them, they mirror themselves ... even though they are fictional characters they are seeing the strength, their dedication in the professionals who are risking their lives to save thousands of people in the world in the face of this crisis! SMWW is not a ship, it is not a fictional couple ... SMWW IS INSPIRATION, IT IS AN IDEAL! And I'm sorry for those who don't understand it.

Last edited by Deiasilva10; 04-04-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Yes... but I would really like an animation outside the standards used by DC ... square face, rough movements ... it looks like a job done on the thighs .... I would really like SMWW to have their own pattern. It is not so difficult to reproduce Tony's art or even Lee's (of course you need talented people and not the one who thinks that can draw because grew up listening to the half-blind grandma's praising him). And above all Soule needs to coordinate or even write the script. SMWW writers need complete freedom! You must tell them: do you know sky? It doesn't limit you! Do you know the universe? It doesn't limit you! Your imagination limits you and that's it. Take Disney for example! Invest in a soundtrack! Invite a friendly artist to the couple to make the theme song! The public is here! The money is here! Just need courage and vision!
    Daniel or Lee art would be difficult to reproduce, I think. I wouldn't mind an anime style animation for SM/WW instead. 🤔

Agree that the only limit for SM/WW potential is the writers' imagination... and producers' bias. 🙃
    As with anything SMWW, adapting “Power Couple” would be a game changer. But we don’t need the limitations. Quite honestly, DC doesn’t need it either, given how this has came about. Still in shock with the fact that everything that was actually forced in and set to undermine SMWW didn’t work as expected.

I’ve said, Project A-ko should be remastered. DK3/Golden Child should be adapted as well. Even “League of One” is great with anime style.

Even this I still think would be interesting

about the bold part:
    WW is a phenomenon in herself ... she is known all over the world, she was before the movie. In fact, I believe that the movie was only successful because people who don't read comics but I knew her by name wanted to see her... unfortunately these people faced a diluted and confused version of her that displeased older and more radical fans (myself included) and ended up creating a generation of new fans that don't know anything about the real WW, what she stands for and why the movie version is so wrong (now and then I have to deal with young fans with a distorted view of her)... don't get me wrong, i'm not saying here that WW movie is so bad as to be a female version of BMvsSM, i'm saying it was an excellent opportunity to show the world who she really is... Well what I mean is that WW is popular and known regardless of what's going on in the comics... the same thing happens with SMWW! SMWW can be considered a popular phenomenon because it came from a longing of the fans. There is no more genuine and faithful way to like it! There is no point in trying to put them down, there is no point in not promoting them ... it only makes the company lose money, stop earning more good money! It's stupid.
    Oh I get that. The movie isn’t perfect but what mattered is the exposure to the public that Wonder Woman gotten. More people are interested in reading her comics, seeing animations but the content is underwhelming and her popularity gain is used to prop others.

It just seems too much like right to be genuine and faithful. Sometimes changes and being “set in your ways” is a good thing, but regarding Superman and Wonder Woman, it’s harmed their character growth.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    He was dismissing who likes the pair as new fans that doesn't know the characters, pointing at AC #600 as the be-all and end-all of SM/WW (very limiting). It isn't even true as SM/WW fans are both new ad old fans that go as far as readers that started shipping them during the late Silver-Age/early Bronze Age after the pair began to be teased. If you recall, I posted in a previous thread, letters from WW fans asking to the editors of the time to pair her with SM. Also, when the relationship was still going on, this forum/thread had a huge percentage of Pre-Crisis SM/WW fans along with the ones started to ship them during Pre-FP or New-52.

Yeah, they couldn't go back easily if it'll end up having a chance in bigger media.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Is really would not be fair to sideline Diana because they used the entire new 52 line up and Justice League to prop that Death of Superman. I bet if they had done a pure Death of Superman as in the comics even with Reign, it would never have done those numbers. And they are doing the same with this last one Apokolips War. They are conveniently using the new 52 Justice League to prop Superman centric stuff and also sidelining the JL and WW as far as I can see from the tidbits we are seeing online.
    It looks Diana will be brainwashed by Darkseid in it. Feels like Snyder's DCEU plans, just with Diana being sidelined instead of Supes.

All they had to do was a JL story with WW front and center and the actual Darkseid War was exactly that. It is source material and gives a strong heroine some respect...but nope. They rather botch the entire story to prop certain elements or characters who don't need it. This I will say is not fair AT ALL to the people that bought those books, made those stories best sellers. When they take a story as a fan it is supposed to excite you because you finally getting what you love come to life...but the DC and WB people only know to pander to one group these days. And what we get is often this watered down, weak version of the story. This is shame because the stories often are solid and better.
    I don't think Apokolips War was meant to be an adaption of Darkseid War, it's its own story taking probably some cues from Morrison's Rock of Ages and Final Crisis.

There was so much fresh stuff to have gotten out of the new 52. From Zod/ Faora vs SMWW. The new Doomsday spin with SuperDoom, the Savage Dawn, the Azzarello Gods, Amazo War, the Trinity War, and the proper Darkseid War. Instead we get a mish mash that makes no sense and willing to undermine several characters that finally got some recognition during the new 52 era from Wonder Woman to Aquaman etc. I don't know who is the brain at this side of the company but they keep making the same old mistakes by retreading old tired ground and not giving the characters that need and earned the exposure that screen time and not giving the fresh, creative stories (and writers) their due.
    Maybe these will get the animated treatment in 10 years when they'll finish the 80s/90s stories to adapt, lol.

He was dismissing who likes the pair as new fans that doesn't know the characters, pointing at AC #600 as the be-all and end-all of SM/WW (very limiting). It isn't even true as SM/WW fans are both new ad old fans that go as far as readers that started shipping them during the late Silver-Age/early Bronze Age after the pair began to be teased. If you recall, I posted in a previous thread, letters from WW fans asking to the editors of the time to pair her with SM. Also, when the relationship was still going on, this forum/thread had a huge percentage of Pre-Crisis SM/WW fans along with the ones started to ship them during Pre-FP or New-52.
    Bold: Also warped perspective. Wasn’t that a bait and switch in the first place? And Clark basically wussing out? This was totally different from that because this Clark was suppose to have confidence, sure of himself and his heritage. Clark and Diana within these movies were already in a serious relationship, passed all that. But, in order to break them up, Clark had to regress back to acting like he is and only wants to be a “normal human” (what that suppose to be) and Diana has to act like she didn’t understand the ID. 🙃

Also, recall that he was a fan of the classics and know the characters especially Wonder Woman...but what exactly define classics and knowing the characters? The amount of fan support of this pair is being purposely ignored. It’s not only revisionism within years of in-story but fan reception as well.

Yeah, they couldn't go back easily if it'll end up having a chance in bigger media.
    Honestly I believe it wasn’t expected, the amount of support and success so had to back track fast.