Page 16 of 125 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

SuperWonder Wedding Rings

“Superman and Wonder Woman!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7gx_8thaBC/

“Superman and Wonder Woman ❤️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B64V9-rhvD5/

“To be someone's hero and even better, to have the wonder woman by the side ... 🎵😍👩*❤️*👨👏”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7WfM5JpzzK/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-23-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    EPIC BATTLE!!!

"Marvel vs DC! Infinite Gauntlet Thanos vs Superman & Wonder Woman epic fight!"

To be continued? 🙃

I have a cool set of pics of toy photography about SM/WW vs Thanos that end also with "To be continued..." 😂 I'm still waiting for the 3rd and final part to post the full thing, but I'll probably end up posting it incomplete one of these days. Too much wait. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Too close?? There is no such thing with these two. 😏
    I always thought that they were kissing. The artist certainly seemed like he wanted us to think so with how intimate the embrace is and the obscuring of their faces where it looks as if they might be lip locked....
    This image from Superman v2 #165 was the first image that came to mind. I miss those undertones of romantic vibe/tension with them...😌
    Artists had their "subtle" ways of teasing something more than friendship between them. 😅 Imagine if Kal was available back then. 🙃 I'm sure they kissed in that other "timeline".

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    To be continued? 🙃

I have a cool set of pics of toy photography about SM/WW vs Thanos that end also with "To be continued..." 😂 I'm still waiting for the 3rd and final part to post the full thing, but I'll probably end up posting it incomplete one of these days. Too much wait. 😜
    Superman & Wonder Woman vs Thanos seems to be a crossover that a lot people desire to see including me! I wonder if they could be able to handle the infinite Gauntlet... both are worthy to hold Mjolnir and I believe they can handle the infinity stones too!

New52/DC-You inspired redesigns of Superman & Wonder Woman for a JL fan poster (by Akio):

"Man of Steel & Woman of Wonder"

https://twitter.com/onlyakio/status/1215992889559285760

Another hopeless romantic detected. 😜
    Ha! Won’t deny...

Miss them caring for each other and understanding each other's fears and responsibilities.
    It was such a beautiful dynamic between them that you don’t see much of with other characters. It made them more “real” and relatable because they were two people dealing with their otherness together instead of trying to fight against it.

I don't think it'll be so overcomplicated like fans think. Still the DCU is rewritten so often lately to make more and more difficult caring for the new changes.
    If you go along with what being done without thinking logically, nah it won’t be overcomplicated

LOL. More free ideas for fan-fictions. Maybe someone will write it one day. 😅
    I won’t be surprised if we do come across some crossover fics soon

WB/DC:

🙃
    This is funny...but still ultimately sad. This grounding nonsense is not helping the characters at all. SUPERman shouldn’t be stuck with this backwards mindset of trying to be “normal” yet, DC elevates Batman or other human characters, at times jumping to shark to make them seem “extraordinary”.

Also with so much of this grounding, why is there still these conversations around of Superman’s relevance and relatability?

Vintage items sold on Etsy and E-Bay recently:

"Space Stars of Movies & TV - Superman and Wonder Woman - Magazine Vintage 1978"

https://www.etsy.com/listing/637324000/

"DC SUPERMAN WONDER WOMAN Indiana Drug Store Sale Advertising Poster RARE 1980"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-SUPERMAN...0/193292230426

"It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s #Superman and #WonderWoman
    taking on #LexLuthor, in an old comic that was included with the #Kenner #Superpowers toys. I loved the paperwork that was often included with vintage toys from the #1980s."

https://twitter.com/80sForNow/status...54562628907008

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Too close?? There is no such thing with these two. 😏
    I always thought that they were kissing. The artist certainly seemed like he wanted us to think so with how intimate the embrace is and the obscuring of their faces where it looks as if they might be lip locked....
    This image from Superman v2 #165 was the first image that came to mind. I miss those undertones of romantic vibe/tension with them...😌

I do too. So very much. But what makes it really poignant is the connection and understanding they had with each other and that they were each other's confidant. That's really what made it special for me.
    Superman and Wonder Woman are two sides of the same coin. Yin/Yang. There is a natural balance. They have their differences such as how they grew up and One’s a Demigoddess, the other an alien(yet a sun god in his own right) but their similarities run so deep not just physically, but emotionally and intellectually.

Seriously if DC would actually take the chance (again) to truly and fully explore this, it’s a guaranteed connection to the modern interests.

And speaking of undertones, artists naturally conveyed this whether intentionally or unintentionally. At times, no dialogue is ever needed, the art alone stands out.

And that’s something else that seems to be missing now in general.

Right. One would think that the company responsible for the character would know that. 😒
    I guess they are trying with making her first hero to inspire others but it seems a little empty.... 🤔 idk... we will see how it goes.

Aren't those comic scans from the 2000's era? If so, I'm not into the idea that Supes would ever be unfaithful. I enjoy his loyalty.

“Our Princess’ birthday. 3 years already, time go slower.”

Last edited by LoveStar; 01-23-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Superman & Wonder Woman vs Thanos seems to be a crossover that a lot people desire to see including me! I wonder if they could be able to handle the infinite Gauntlet... both are worthy to hold Mjolnir and I believe they can handle the infinity stones too!
    They could use the gauntlet to change the reality and get their relationship back. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Ha! Won’t deny...

It was such a beautiful dynamic between them that you don’t see much of with other characters. It made them more “real” and relatable because they were two people dealing with their otherness together instead of trying to fight against it.
    That's should be emphasized instead of downplayed in this day and age.

I won’t be surprised if we do come across some crossover fics soon
    Fan-edits came out faster. 😂

Superman and Wonder Woman are two sides of the same coin. Yin/Yang. There is a natural balance. They have their differences such as how they grew up and One’s a Demigoddess, the other an alien(yet a sun god in his own right) but their similarities run so deep not just physically, but emotionally and intellectually.

Seriously if DC would actually take the chance (again) to truly and fully explore this, it’s a guaranteed connection to the modern interests.

And speaking of undertones, artists naturally conveyed this whether intentionally or unintentionally. At times, no dialogue is ever needed, the art alone stands out.

And that’s something else that seems to be missing now in general.
    There were some panels here and there during Rebirth that showed some closeness between them but overall they lack proper friendly exchanges now.

I guess they are trying with making her first hero to inspire others but it seems a little empty.... 🤔 idk... we will see how it goes.
    Well, she was the JSA's secretary in the 40s, now she's their inspiration (and leader?)...

Quote Originally Posted by Crabble View Post
    Aren't those comic scans from the 2000's era? If so, I'm not into the idea that Supes would ever be unfaithful. I enjoy his loyalty.
    He wasn't unfaithful though, the artists just played with the gestures and silhouettes of two characters that were romantically linked elsewhere.

Vintage items sold on Etsy and E-Bay recently:

"Space Stars of Movies & TV - Superman and Wonder Woman - Magazine Vintage 1978"

https://www.etsy.com/listing/637324000/

"DC SUPERMAN WONDER WOMAN Indiana Drug Store Sale Advertising Poster RARE 1980"

The vintage SuperWonder finds are great and just adds more to the evidence how they can be marketed together in so many ways and the characters are and should be close.

So much missed opportunity over the years though not fully capitalizing. That needs to change ASAP.

They could use the gauntlet to change the reality and get their relationship back. 😜
    That’s a great idea 🤣

That's should be emphasized instead of downplayed in this day and age.
    Yes! Especially in this day and age of more people actually embracing and standing up for their cultures and not feeling as if they have to fit in within a certain society to be accepted. That’s one of the MAIN messages Superman and Wonder Woman are suppose to convey yet they don’t.

Fan-edits came out faster. 😂
    True! I love it all whatever we get of course. 😜

There were some panels here and there during Rebirth that showed some closeness between them but overall they lack proper friendly exchanges now.
    I can honestly only think of two moments which was from HIC and Hitch JL: Legacy but still even those are surrounded by major problems that still sorta overshadows it.

Well, she was the JSA's secretary in the 40s, now she's their inspiration (and leader?)...
    While that is a major upgrade... still seems off or empty 🤔 we will see how it plays out.

The vintage SuperWonder finds are great and just adds more to the evidence how they can be marketed together in so many ways and the characters are and should be close.

So much missed opportunity over the years though not fully capitalizing. That needs to change ASAP.
    They are marketed together at least since the 70s. But, at the moment, it seems that mainly the custom merchants are the ones really capitalizing on it.

That’s a great idea 🤣
    😜

Yes! Especially in this day and age of more people actually embracing and standing up for their cultures and not feeling as if they have to fit in within a certain society to be accepted. That’s one of the MAIN messages Superman and Wonder Woman are suppose to convey yet they don’t.
    It wouldn't even be a departure from the classic depiction of the characters. I mean, pre-Crisis Supes had fully embraced his heritage and uniqueness and many versions of Diana did it too. Just go back to their roots and update to modern storytelling.

True! I love it all whatever we get of course. 😜
    Lego Geralt/Diana is next. 😉

I can honestly only think of two moments which was from HIC and Hitch JL: Legacy but still even those are surrounded by major problems that still sorta overshadows it.
    There were also a few panels of SM/WW guest on the Green Arrow series.

@Last Son of Krypton

Oh. Really? Man, that sounds like fun.