"Facing the future together and whatever it brings"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Speaking of SM/WW articles :
    https://www.cbr.com/superman-wonder-...couple-worked/

Does CBR know something we don't?
    Other than loving to write about Superman and Wonder Woman, who knows.
    I don't even know what to make of the article after glancing through it. On the one hand they recognize that Superman and Wonder Woman does work and acknowledges them appropriately and correctly as the "Ultimate Power Couple", then on the other hand falsely claims they don't work in main continuity, completely disregarding events and the deliberate orchestrated effort to bring SMWW to an end in order to re-establish a failing status quo. 🤷🏾*♀️
    It is one thing if the relationship was failing, had no audience and couldn't be maintained, and another when one of the other half of the pair is killed off and the story and universe rebooted.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Maybe SM/WW give them clicks if new articles get made by different writers on a regular basis... or SM/WW is just everyone's favorite subject to talk about. 🙃

I don't think she is so messed up to have her own set of memories. 🙃 Also, the SM and WW books are under the same group editor, there should be some kind of communication.

How are they going to keep to come up with a new SM/WW related article every week? 😂
    One thing is for sure, without a doubt SMWW is a hot topic. I guess it is why people can't stop talking and writing about them. 😏
    Last edited by LadyP; 05-02-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    I don't even know what to make of the article after glancing through it. On the one hand they recognize that Superman and Wonder Woman does work and acknowledges them appropriately and correctly as the "Ultimate Power Couple", then on the other hand falsely claims they don't work in main continuity, completely disregarding events and the deliberate orchestrated effort to bring SMWW to an end in order to re-establish a failing status quo. 🤷🏾*♀️
    It is one thing if the relationship was failing, had no audience and couldn't be maintained, and another when one of the other half of the pair is killed off and the story and universe rebooted.
    It doesn't feel to me an article written in bad faith (and referring to SM/WW as "Ultimate Power Couple" should be an indicator). As a matter of fact, the SM/WW relationship didn't have a chance to "survive and thrive" in the main continuity like in Elseworlds did, whatever the reasons are. The article didn't really claim anything more that it didn't continued in the main canon.

One thing is for sure, without a doubt SMWW is a hot topic. I guess it is why people can't stop talking and writing about them. 😏
    Exactly. 😎

SuperWonder Fun

“AAGGGGHHH!!!!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-pKLnJjDSo/

“Superman and Wonder Woman are @roguesgalleryfitness
    Inspired by artwork by Racesgirl2000-1 on DeviantArt”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_Le51WjEON/

“Justice Warner League 🦸🏻*♂️🦸🏻*♀️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9evjVOAcqJ/

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    SuperWonder Fun

“AAGGGGHHH!!!!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-pKLnJjDSo/
    A Superman cosplayer victim of domestic violence during quarantine. 😅 What could he have done this time? Left the toilet lid up or eat all the ice cream? 🙃
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-03-2020 at 06:37 AM.

I have noticed more and more articles about SMWW on the internet ... if the intention of SMWW detractors was to bury the couple once and for all after the shameful end of new 52 and the consequent ridicule of the relationship by certain authors in rebirth this intention failed miserably. The very existence of such articles is a statement of the popularity and interest that the couple brings with them. DC will NEVER give up SMWW entirely as you know they are an interesting card to have on their sleeve.

SuperWonder Socks

“Superhero socks for our little ones ♥💙🥰"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_kafsFJi-H/

"Happy customers with their new motif socks 🥰"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_fq8yJJklW/

"Superhero socks ♥ 💙"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_geAA0p2vD/

Superman + Wonder Woman's children video edits by Alicia & Marina...

Hunter: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-r6zU7g0Vi/

Lara and Jonathan: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-u0WOUAP4f/

Jonathan/Hyperman: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-0DKusg_S-/

Son from Act of God: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-3AqxwgiDT/

Illustrations by Rysketches, Pendekar Faqihin and RymSlim:

"Pre52 meets New52# Superman #WonderWoman #SuperWonder #UltimatePowerCouple #multiverse"
    https://twitter.com/rysketches/statu...89940187115528

"Inspired by stuff/headcanon I read online. Had to add Diana due to her power to talk to animals."
    https://twitter.com/RymSlim/status/1249795891805986816
    Love these! Rysketches and Rymslim’s Art is always a joy to see!

Would love for there to be a story in which Kal and Diana go on a nature-esque adventure and Diana has to communicate with the animals and teaching Kal.

KC SMWW meeting DK SMWW meeting New52 SMWW 😂 That would be epic!!

(Early)Pre52 and New52 meeting would be interesting. Would be much better than the final days “meeting” and all that came after.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Speaking of SM/WW articles :
    https://www.cbr.com/superman-wonder-...couple-worked/

Does CBR know something we don't?
    Maybe SM/WW give them clicks if new articles get made by different writers on a regular basis... or SM/WW is just everyone's favorite subject to talk about. 🙃
    Lol favorite subject to either put down and twist because it dares to challenge the normal basic status quo or embraced because it does present the challenge and is interesting bringing up new ideas.

I don't think she is so messed up to have her own set of memories. 🙃 Also, the SM and WW books are under the same group editor, there should be some kind of communication.
    She was admitted to a mental institute and was in a padded cell/straight jacket or is that forgotten? 🤔

Idk what it means of having same editors at this point.

How are they going to keep to come up with a new SM/WW related article every week? 😂
    There’s a lot to be said about SMWW. There would be even more IF they come back somehow.

It doesn't feel to me an article written in bad faith (and referring to SM/WW as "Ultimate Power Couple" should be an indicator). As a matter of fact, the SM/WW relationship didn't have a chance to "survive and thrive" in the main continuity like in Elseworlds did, whatever the reasons are. The article didn't really claim anything more that it didn't continued in the main canon.
    I think the headline is what’s being misconstrued. But also, as Lady P pointed out, whether main or elseworlds, the concept works period, however, what happened with main was based on preference and unreasonably unprofessional bias. There was never a problem with sales, the story, but preference of maintaining a status quo that was more comfortable and safe.

Exactly. 😎
    You wouldn't know from the headline though. And that's the problem. As an SMWW fan, it makes you not want to read it given the trollish articles that have also come from that same site which intentionally misrepresent Superman and Wonder Woman.

But no, it does not appear to be in bad faith. Upon reading the article, it wasn't what I would have expected given the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I have noticed more and more articles about SMWW on the internet ... if the intention of SMWW detractors was to bury the couple once and for all after the shameful end of new 52 and the consequent ridicule of the relationship by certain authors in rebirth this intention failed miserably. The very existence of such articles is a statement of the popularity and interest that the couple brings with them. DC will NEVER give up SMWW entirely as you know they are an interesting card to have on their sleeve.
    LOL. Right?
    People really love to talk about Superman and Wonder Woman.

I think the headline is what’s being misconstrued. But also, as Lady P pointed out, whether main or elseworlds, the concept works period, however, what happened with main was based on preference and unreasonably unprofessional bias. There was never a problem with sales, the story, but preference of maintaining a status quo that was more comfortable and safe.
    Yea. The title was a poor choice. We know Superman and Wonder Woman works. DC knows it works. Detractors know it works, that's why they put so much effort into trying to tear it down or warp it.

Superman and Wonder Woman isn't a new idea. We know this. They know this. It's been alluded to and teased for over 40-50 years. It isn't going away because some people are suffering from status quo bias or want to push their own preference. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by LadyP; 05-04-2020 at 08:44 AM. Reason: I think faster than I type

Love these! Rysketches and Rymslim’s Art is always a joy to see!

Would love for there to be a story in which Kal and Diana go on a nature-esque adventure and Diana has to communicate with the animals and teaching Kal.

KC SMWW meeting DK SMWW meeting New52 SMWW 😂 That would be epic!!

(Early)Pre52 and New52 meeting would be interesting. Would be much better than the final days “meeting” and all that came after.
    I think Rysketches will make more of these SM/WW's mutiversal crossovers down the line.

Lol favorite subject to either put down and twist because it dares to challenge the normal basic status quo or embraced because it does present the challenge and is interesting bringing up new ideas.
    Exactly, lol. 😂

She was admitted to a mental institute and was in a padded cell/straight jacket or is that forgotten? 🤔
    I highly doubt that this will be ever brought up again.

Idk what it means of having same editors at this point.
    Even if the editors have less influence nowadays, you still expect they know what's going on in the few books they oversight.

There’s a lot to be said about SMWW. There would be even more IF they come back somehow.
    Indeed.

You wouldn't know from the headline though. And that's the problem. As an SMWW fan, it makes you not want to read it given the trollish articles that have also come from that same site which intentionally misrepresent Superman and Wonder Woman.

But no, it does not appear to be in bad faith. Upon reading the article, it wasn't what I would have expected given the title.
    I get it. The headline made me 🙄 too when I read it.

LOL. Right?
    People really love to talk about Superman and Wonder Woman.
    Everyone's favorite comic books related subject as LoveStar said. 😜