Page 12 of 125 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Official SM/WW phone case cover on HotTopic:

"DC Comics Superman Wonder Woman Issue 11 Selfie Variant Cover Pose iPhone XR Rubber Cell Phone Case"

https://www.hottopic.com/product/dc-.../12892748.html

Custom phone cases for couples:

"You are always be my Superman, and I will always be your Wonder Woman #supermanandwonderwomanforever"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4AX50MliZ1/

More SM/WW phone cases:

"Design your cell phone case as you wish..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1KdCZ-hnE1/

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    💍PROPOSAL/ENGAGEMENT/PRE-WEDDING/WEDDING SEASON IS APPOACHING!! 💍

SuperWonder Engagement Photoshoot

“You❤️”

“💪🏼🤩”

“💋”

Well Yes Ma'am and Sir!
    I really cherish this fandom and the fans who through different forms use SMWW to celebrate their love. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I love the SM/WW image that was used for the curtains. Not just because it's a well edited pic but it has also treated as a semi-official image of the couple. Ah, the irony. 🙃
    You mean it’s not an official image of the two? Shocker...😏
    It really is a nice image.

Yes! Coming basically off the heels of SM:YO and how controversial that was, there was a divide already then promo was basically a week before release. However, IMO with the unintentional Hong Kong Protests connection and the more information we did get at CCXP gave a bit of interest boost. Then upon release, actually reading the story along with looking at the beautiful art, it’s become quite a positive surprise.

While it is good to get interest with concept of SMWW kids and the potential stories/prospective etc that can spin out as well giving a positive to the Miller verse, SMWW stories are needed.
    Yes ma’am! Seriously needed. I have zero interest in present continuity.

This again showed how real SMWW was and their relationship wasn’t anything about just being Gods. They have their own “normal”. They go through experience exactly what mortals do in relationships just on an extraordinary level. That’s why it resonates because they are still themselves but the emotions shown and felt is still very much relatable.
    That weak sauce asinine argument by SMWW detractors, to claim that them being together is just about them being Gods or their powers...😒
    They conveniently forget about SMWW's connection and understanding, friendship, shared values, trust, love, tenderness, being each other's confidant, and the very reciprocal nature of their relationship over the years whether as friends or romantic partners. But as you rightly stated, SMWW experience the same feelings and emotions as humans do such as love, loss, pain, fear, joy, vulnerability, etc. These have always been what humanized them. Not who they are with, and writers who understand this and the complexity and depth of these two characters have been able to highlight that in various instances.

Superman and Wonder Woman Wedding Cake Topper

Too flipping cute! And the sound track used...👌🏾

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Done by me back in 2008.

Goodness Hellacre! Your SMWW video edits are just as good as your SMWW fics, and that is simply amazing.
    This video gave me an emotional sucker punch. I miss their bond so much. 😢

Not the usual SM/WW figures: 😂

"Love is in the air! 🤪"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3xq8TugZw7/

Official SM/WW phone case cover on HotTopic:

"DC Comics Superman Wonder Woman Issue 11 Selfie Variant Cover Pose iPhone XR Rubber Cell Phone Case"

https://www.hottopic.com/product/dc-.../12892748.html

Custom phone cases for couples:

"You are always be my Superman, and I will always be your Wonder Woman #supermanandwonderwomanforever"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4AX50MliZ1/

More SM/WW phone cases:

"Design your cell phone case as you wish..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1KdCZ-hnE1/
    Great to see more official merch. SMWW really needs to be officially a brand/line/collection. We’ve seen so much custom made stuff even being unexpected items. There’s proven to be a market. Proven that the audience DC seeks is within this concept.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    That weak sauce asinine argument by SMWW detractors, to claim that them being together is just about them being Gods or their powers...😒
    They conveniently forget about SMWW's connection and understanding, friendship, shared values, trust, love, tenderness, being each other's confidant, and the very reciprocal nature of their relationship over the years whether as friends or romantic partners. But as you rightly stated, SMWW experience the same feelings and emotions as humans do such as love, loss, pain, fear, joy, vulnerability, etc. These have always been what humanized them. Not who they are with, and writers who understand this and the complexity and depth of these two characters have been able to highlight that in various instances.
    What’s weird is that, even within DC official encyclopedias or SMWW collection, when their relationship is referenced, the thought of them thinking they are Gods, them being written as Gods or anything else OOC is debunked. They are presented as just being themselves (without secrets/hiding), inspiring to be better and exceed the normal. That’s the purpose of their characters in the first place. Their relationship has evolved in an organic way that isn’t bogged down by the supposed human standards of normalcy and much more relatable than what’s presented as what makes them supposedly “human”.

A one shot took 4 years... imagine DKIV 😱
    Unless they’ve been working on both is why it’s taking so long...🤔
    Master Race was produced faster (maybe because DC wanted it out around the release of BvS).

You mean it’s not an official image of the two? Shocker...😏
    It really is a nice image.
    It's like official for me. 😜

Ignoring that is like saying that there isn't much else to their characters outside the superpowers. 🤨

SuperWonder Custom Greeting Cards

“Beautiful art we received from Martha do IG @_casanerd 💕🤗
    The goal was to keep it until I was in a comic, but we can't stand it and want to share it with you soon ❤️😍”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0PFDknAkXH/

“My parents’ bdays are one day apart! They’re my superheroes so I used @sandraspitaleri Sassy Wonder and Superdude stamps to make these cards for them!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5in-xjJM2Z/

“Do not miss the balloons, help him! because there is no heroine who resists the details of BUM BUM💕🙋🏻*♀️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0lkSopAT7Y/

Great to see more official merch. SMWW really needs to be officially a brand/line/collection. We’ve seen so much custom made stuff even being unexpected items. There’s proven to be a market. Proven that the audience DC seeks is within this concept.
    Wouldn't it be more of a WB thing (than DC) trying to catch the couples audience? As most of SMWW merch and trends are aimed to couples anyway.

What’s weird is that, even within DC official encyclopedias or SMWW collection, when their relationship is referenced, the thought of them thinking they are Gods, them being written as Gods or anything else OOC is debunked. They are presented as just being themselves (without secrets/hiding), inspiring to be better and exceed the normal. That’s the purpose of their characters in the first place. Their relationship has evolved in an organic way that isn’t bogged down by the supposed human standards of normalcy and much more relatable than what’s presented as what makes them supposedly “human”.
    Not really weird. The encyclopedias were reporting objectively what was written in the actual comics without twisting storylines or characterizations. You know... unbiased as encyclopedias are supposed to be. 🙃

That's why I laugh when I come across those insipid claims. I doubt the SMWW detractors themselves actually believe their inane comments. I think they make those ridiculous claims just to have some kind of defense against SMWW. It usually always boils down to them wanting either Clark or Diana with another character. But it never fails to amaze me the extent by which they are willing to misrepresent SMWW to justify whatever their preference is/are.

As you rightly stated, it is due to how organically Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship has evolved throughout the years that makes it not only relatable, but it's the reason it resonates. It feels genuine and earned, not forcefully inserted. We've seen various aspects of their relationship both from a friendship standpoint and a romantic one, and it highlights just how and why they work and would work. It goes so much deeper than just their powers, while not dismissing that it is also one of several point of connection for the both of them. And that is okay. It's just one part of what connects them, along with their similar goals, their fight against evil, their selflessness in protecting the weak and innocent even at a cost to themselves, their compassion, their desire to help humanity, not to speak of the actual friendship they've had. They're relationship is layered and goes so much further than just their powers. It's silly to even suggest otherwise given who Superman and Wonder Woman are.

It's like official for me. 😜
    Same!

Ignoring that is like saying that there isn't much else to their characters outside the superpowers. 🤨
    Right! That's why I cannot understand how anyone could claim to be fans of the characters and make such a diminishing statement. It is insulting to what the characters individually are supposed to be. IMO, it shows a lack of understanding of either Superman or Wonder Woman.

Not really weird. The encyclopedias were reporting objectively what was written in the actual comics without twisting storylines or characterizations. You know... unbiased as encyclopedias are supposed to be. 🙃

SuperWonder Tote Bags

“So hot! I love these two.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5JL62-gdwl/

“Valentine's Day Gift! She's one of a kind - gift her one of a kind.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B61OQm-gcqJ/

“Superman and Wonder Woman always making success among the little ones 🥰🥰🥳”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3X0ZQwH0rx/

^^^Is the first bag official licensed? Collectors share pics of the merch they bought without explain where they find it. Recently, I saw pics of socks with the DC Comics Presents #32's SM/WW kiss. They seemed official but I'm not sure. 🤔

Master Race was produced faster (maybe because DC wanted it out around the release of BvS).
    Ah well still don’t want to wait like 4 more years though... that’s too much

The ironic contradictions of superficial/baseless arguments.

Wouldn't it be more of a WB thing (than DC) trying to catch the couples audience? As most of SMWW merch and trends are aimed to couples anyway.
    Yeah, I mean the biggest indicator was JPG and the couples’ pajama onesie sets as well as rings(Hot Topic). If it wasn’t known, they wouldn’t have been marketed together as a couple in the first place it’s just that... how about going further with acknowledgment and really capitalizing on it in the biggest of ways possible.

Heh... true.

BTW, with that in mind, the SMWW collection when trying to explain the transition to rebirth, seemed to be just as confused saying Rebirth was a reboot? I can’t recall if the merge was mentioned. But it was definitely New52 Superman died and replaced but rebirth was a reboot. 🤔

With New52 Continuity now separated as Earth 52, wondering if after reborn it was already seen to not have been a good idea after all and want that sort of ignored/retcon of a retcon...of a retcon?

That's why I laugh when I come across those insipid claims. I doubt the SMWW detractors themselves actually believe their inane comments. I think they make those ridiculous claims just to have some kind of defense against SMWW. It usually always boils down to them wanting either Clark or Diana with another character. But it never fails to amaze me the extent by which they are willing to misrepresent SMWW to justify whatever their preference is/are.
    Some actually do believe. But that’s the thing of mixing this fantasy of entertainment with reality, which is a whole other subject on its own.
    Sometimes trying to prop preferences though, can make the characters seem shallow. LOL

As you rightly stated, it is due to how organically Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship has evolved throughout the years that makes it not only relatable, but it's the reason it resonates. It feels genuine and earned, not forcefully inserted. We've seen various aspects of their relationship both from a friendship standpoint and a romantic one, and it highlights just how and why they work and would work. It goes so much deeper than just their powers, while not dismissing that it is also one of several point of connection for the both of them. And that is okay. It's just one part of what connects them, along with their similar goals, their fight against evil, their selflessness in protecting the weak and innocent even at a cost to themselves, their compassion, their desire to help humanity, not to speak of the actual friendship they've had. They're relationship is layered and goes so much further than just their powers. It's silly to even suggest otherwise given who Superman and Wonder Woman are.
    Their relationship has also evolved for the greater to be influential outside of comics. It has become a symbol of the love and bond of couples through the most important milestones, marriage with themes and cooperating references in their vows, maternity, and anniversaries. So when trying to dismiss the relationship is dismissing these kind of things as well.

^^^Is the first bag official licensed? Collectors share pics of the merch they bought without explain where they find it. Recently, I saw pics of socks with the DC Comics Presents #32's SM/WW kiss. They seemed official but I'm not sure. 🤔
    Yep the first is officially licensed from Hot Topic.

OMG! Really? 😱
    See, with the likes of DC Comics Presents #32's SM/WW kiss, new52, even few pre52 references like Adam Hughes Wonder Woman 141 cover is great for licensing print that targets not just couples but individuals as well. Some stuff if it’s not in the US is hard to find and difficult to confirm unless, yeah sources cited 😕

Not the usual SM/WW figures: ��

"Love is in the air! ��"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3xq8TugZw7/
    OMG I NEED THIS!!!Caricature is a very interesting form of homage and for years MAD Magazine has represented the best of pop culture, politics and even celebrities! Seeing SMWW as Neuman proves this very well!