Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Emma was great in the issue. I'm conflicted about how she distracted the troops but I did like what she made them do. I love it when telepathy is used well and the writer uses Emma's powers as they should be. All in all it was an enjoyable issue.

I really liked the issue but I can't help but think that they're heavily nerfing her (or Telepaths in general). Controlling... 5(?) dudes is something Emma could've done in her sleep without "distracting" them, as hilarious as it was.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

I share the same apprehensions that folks are expressing regarding Emma's distraction tactic. After much thought and discussion with friends, I hand wave it as Emma being ....well....Extra. She's flashy when she wants to be. Pun intended. She'll read you. She'll shame you. She'll inflate her own ego doing it. She's extra. Its part of her charm. Yes, she could absolutely do what she did without a direct confrontation but there is another level of proving something in what she did -- proving something about her adversaries constitution or lack thereof.

I feel like had he added something like "They've got telepathic training/resistance/blocks, I need to distract them for a sec to go past it" it would have made more sense. It was fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I feel like had he added something like "They've got telepathic training/resistance/blocks, I need to distract them for a sec to go past it" it would have made more sense. It was fun though.
    Its wild how just one little detail like that can make all the difference. Then again, I suppose people would still argue "SHE'S MOAR POWERFUL THAN THAT SHE DON'T NEED DISTRACTIONS ARRRRGHGHH" but you know, whatevz. :-)

As someone that loves all the heavy hitter telepaths. I thought it was a simple tactic that worked in the situation.

She read the room. I thought it was done well.

I assume by default that almost all anti-mutant soldiers have some anti-telepathic training, just as they usually have non-metallic weapons if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    As someone that loves all the heavy hitter telepaths. I thought it was a simple tactic that worked in the situation.

She read the room. I thought it was done well.
    I like how "read the room" has a WHOLE OTHER MEANING when its a telepath. haha

Right. I thought it was pretty clever. But I am amused easily.

lol Emma just wanted to show off . Respect .
    I loved the panel of her working with the Cuckoos to wipe the Russians..simple but very imposing. I hope we get more of them all together
    How do we think she got the Mercury? I'm at a loss on that one to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Emma didn't spend a fortune on cosmetic surgery just to keep the goods hidden. She's got to strut her stuff any opportunity she gets.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I loved the panel of her working with the Cuckoos to wipe the Russians..simple but very imposing. I hope we get more of them all together
    How do we think she got the Mercury? I'm at a loss on that one to be honest
    It has E.V.A. vibes, I think that may be a product of the World, just like Fantomex and the Cuckoos.

I hope that the UFO and the story about how she got it involve SWORD and Abigail Brand. We need her back, and that's her type of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It has E.V.A. vibes, I think that may be a product of the World, just like Fantomex and the Cuckoos.
    hmmm and his GS is coming up.... I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I hope that the UFO and the story about how she got it involve SWORD and Abigail Brand. We need her back, and that's her type of things.
    oh agreed . I'd love to see Abigail and Emma spar , and "Emma Frost : Fugitive of SWORD " just has a lovely ring

Technically Abigail can enter Krakoa, I sometimes forget that she is a mutant.