Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't really like the way Dauterman draws Emma ? I mean, she's undeniably beautiful and has unique features, but I feel like she always has the same facial expression, which bothers me a bit
    It's just the filler.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't really like the way Dauterman draws Emma ? I mean, she's undeniably beautiful and has unique features, but I feel like she always has the same facial expression, which bothers me a bit
    Argh. It’s hard. I really, really should love his work as his style is very much up my street.
    On one hand, I like his page design and character design, his anatomy is good and his aesthetic is great. He turns in a smooth, professional, pleasing to the eye comic, reliably, every time.
    On the other hand, I find his characters look like plastic dolls, particularly the men, beautiful, perfect dolls, posed in the beautiful, perfect landscape, not inhabiting and interacting with it, and it bugs the hell out of me.

When we were comparing him to Quietly’s work and the subtle, sometimes not so subtle, sometimes downright distorted, body language he uses, it really showed it up for me. Quitely has his characters look ugly, even the beautiful ones, because he uses non-verbal cues so well.

And yes, he has one expression for Emma, aloof and that’s it.

I wonder how Arrakoa created the psychic bomb. I also wonder how Krakoa intends to control someone like Saturnyne who seems to gave gotten a massive power boost.

Also can't wait for Emma to appear again

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I wonder how Arrakoa created the psychic bomb. I also wonder how Krakoa intends to control someone like Saturnyne who seems to gave gotten a massive power boost.

Also can't wait for Emma to appear again

Oh but Emma is appearing all the time! She is just called Saturnyne.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

I would really love to see Russell Dauterman's HoX Emma (aka Pepe Larraz design). I love RD's design too but it would be interesting to see.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

They totally had Emma take a backseat in the current crossover so that her doppleganger can be in almost every issue

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They totally had Emma take a backseat in the current crossover so that her doppleganger can be in almost every issue
    I'm good with that.
    In my head-canon...she and Kate are doing more important things plotting tPoS's downfall.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Is there is a House of X Micro Hero of Emma?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

In Cable this week, I found funny Jean thought of Emma and the Girls to psi push through to Otherwold and reach Nathan. Emma before asking Rachel and/or Charles? Out of respect for her and her skill or what on Earth is going on in the Moon?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    In Cable this week, I found funny Jean thought of Emma and the Girls to psi push through to Otherwold and reach Nathan. Emma before asking Rachel and/or Charles? Out of respect for her and her skill or what on Earth is going on in the Moon?
    I think that Emma and Jean are the Krakoan telepathic team or choice now. Have you noticed that Xavier isn't much telepathic work outside of Resurrections? In XMen/FF he was sitting on the plane while Emma did the TP fighting. And when Storm was infected by the TO virus, Emma and Jean worked together and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think that Emma and Jean are the Krakoan telepathic team or choice now. Have you noticed that Xavier isn't much telepathic work outside of Resurrections? In XMen/FF he was sitting on the plane while Emma did the TP fighting. And when Storm was infected by the TO virus, Emma and Jean worked together and so on.
    You don't advance the King up the ranks - you send the Queen.

I really liked the event only wished Emma did more

We got a nice Scemma moment today in adjectiveless. I like that Emma was willing to risk her Quiet Council seat to accompany Scott and Jean on the mission. Her bob haircut was a choice but still a nice appearance.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    We got a nice Scemma moment today in adjectiveless. I like that Emma was willing to risk her Quiet Council seat to accompany Scott and Jean on the mission. Her bob haircut was a choice but still a nice appearance.
    Yeah it was a nice touch, I can't believe Xavier voted for Jean to be kicked off if she joins Cyclops. It was nice to see Emma willing to risk her seat for Scott anyway. I wonder who will take the 2 empty seats. Selene for Apocalypse and Warren for Jean