Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

I think in general people are friendly to Emma more than they are her actual friends. Hell, I qualify most of her current relationship on Krakoa as friendly allies more than anything.

Emma has never seemed like a person who needs or has many "friends" anyway. A few very close confidants on the one hand and allies to tease in a friendly way on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Emma has never seemed like a person who needs or has many "friends" anyway. A few very close confidants on the one hand and allies to tease in a friendly way on the other.
    Yeah. I mean, her closest relationship right now is Kitty and that's more of a Step Mother/Step Daughter thing that fluctuates with each era between liking, tolerating or not standing each other. Jean is more a mutual respect thing and a sharing Scott thing. Magneto sees her as a peer but I think they both are very aware they can't trust each other. It's mostly some variation of these with everyone else.

That's not to say Emma doesn't care about people and vice versa, but I just think she has always felt more comfortable as a loner.

Yes, Hickman mentioned it in an interview. Some telepaths become like Jean and are ultra-empathic and open with everyone, others like Emma and Xavier become more closed.

Two different ways of being.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I Think Monet.
    Monet hasnt interacted with Emma in years. I dont think anyone can say what her current opinion of Emma is post-Gen X

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes, Hickman mentioned it in an interview. Some telepaths become like Jean and are ultra-empathic and open with everyone, others like Emma and Xavier become more closed.

Two different ways of being.
    Absolute exactatiously.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Yeah. I mean, her closest relationship right now is Kitty and that's more of a Step Mother/Step Daughter thing that fluctuates with each era between liking, tolerating or not standing each other. Jean is more a mutual respect thing and a sharing Scott thing. Magneto sees her as a peer but I think they both are very aware they can't trust each other. It's mostly some variation of these with everyone else.

That's not to say Emma doesn't care about people and vice versa, but I just think she has always felt more comfortable as a loner.
    It is quite odd that is some alternative realities Emma and Me agneto are a couple... They would be interesting together
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Loved Emma’s appearance in today’s Captain Marvel. You can always tell Kelly is a big fan.

Does Monet like someone?
    Well let's see there's Jubilee, Storm, Rachel, Betsy, Doug, Warren, Lorna, Terry, Rahne, Dani, Synch, Angelo, Ilyana, Madrox, her twin sisters, Husk, Jean, Elixir, Magneto...

Seriously it's getting tiring to see people constantly pull these kind of jokes with characters like Emma and Monet when it's been shown that they care deeply about the people around them simply because they're a bit more cold and reserved and put walls around them to protect them due to past trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Emma and Saturnyne are so similar in look and attitude at times, I almost feel like Emma is just the 616 multiversal aspect of Saturnyne...
    I think it's deliberate that Saturnyne looks like Emma. Tini mentioned in an interview that with xos they were setting up a character with foil because they don't have one and based on x of swords creation Monet is the character in question. A while back Hickman mentioned that he personally preferred Emma as a villain but given how she's been properly set up as a good guy and who much she means to people so he's not going to have her go villainous. Hickman also mentioned how he loved generation x and back in gen x Monet and Emma were two side of the same coin, with Monet being good and Emma still figuring out her morality while still clinging to her old ways. Saturnyne is what Emma would be if she was still the villainous white queen.
    Last edited by frostedemma; 10-16-2020 at 12:38 PM.

I made a post on twitter about it a few weeks ago but basically I've been waiting for years to have an on panel interaction between Emma and the gen x kids and with dox I was hoping we'd get some substantial interaction between Emma and the hellions and gen x kids. Her whole motivation for joining Krakoa was "lets doing one more time for the children", so it would be nice if we got to see Emma having a relationship and reach out to the former students who've profoundly changed her and are the reason why she became an X-man. The hellions death alongside with teaching the gen x kids are who inspired Emma to become a hero and not Kitty (as much as I love her) so it would be good to see that acknowledged on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Loved Emma’s appearance in today’s Captain Marvel. You can always tell Kelly is a big fan.
    Yes. It was very good. I liked what she said about Illyana. It'd Venice to know more about their relationship.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    A while back Hickman mentioned that he personally preferred Emma as a villain but given how she's been properly set up as a good guy and who much she means to people so he's not going to have her go villainous.
    When was this?

Have not seen any Hickman interviews the last months, but have not been following comics much lately so likely missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    I’m not a fan of the Dystopian Alternate Reality futures in all these stories, but I love the CM The End reality Thompson created! I also enjoy how Thompson writes Emma and Carol as opposing personalities like they were before, but they also respect each other madly as well.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Well let's see there's Jubilee, Storm, Rachel, Betsy, Doug, Warren, Lorna, Terry, Rahne, Dani, Synch, Angelo, Ilyana, Madrox, her twin sisters, Husk, Jean, Elixir, Magneto...

Seriously it's getting tiring to see people constantly pull these kind of jokes with characters like Emma and Monet when it's been shown that they care deeply about the people around them simply because they're a bit more cold and reserved and put walls around them to protect them due to past trauma.

I think it's deliberate that Saturnyne looks like Emma. Tini mentioned in an interview that with xos they were setting up a character with foil because they don't have one and based on x of swords creation Monet is the character in question. A while back Hickman mentioned that he personally preferred Emma as a villain but given how she's been properly set up as a good guy and who much she means to people so he's not going to have her go villainous. Hickman also mentioned how he loved generation x and back in gen x Monet and Emma were two side of the same coin, with Monet being good and Emma still figuring out her morality while still clinging to her old ways. Saturnyne is what Emma would be if she was still the villainous white queen.
    Wow that's a really good explanation from Hickman concerning Mama and Wannabe Mama A.K.A. Emma and Saturnyne and thank you for explaining to folks that Monet and Mama do have friends and people they care about
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Ultimate Member

Ooh, interesting. He gets to have his Emma and eat her, too! Wait. That metaphor burned down, fell over and sank into the swamp...