Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    When was this?

Have not seen any Hickman interviews the last months, but have not been following comics much lately so likely missed it.
    I don't remember exactly which interview, I think it was one he did for dox promo.

edit I remeber now!! It was around the time Hickman was doing interviews post hoxpox and he either said it on twitter or in another interview but here (https://aiptcomics.com/2019/05/20/x-...-cool-cyclops/) he explains his love for Emma.

Also small side note I'm the one who asked him about why his top 5 mutants are his favourite
    Last edited by frostedemma; 10-17-2020 at 05:32 PM.

So basically Saturnyne is the bad White Queen while Emma remains the good White Queen. A bit like Maddie and Jean. Though I hope that Saturnyne fares better than poor Maddie... A very mistreated character. ..
    Last edited by darkalamator; 10-18-2020 at 02:02 AM.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    So basically Saturnyne is the bad White Queen while Emma remains the good White Queen. A bit like Maddie and Jean. Though I hope that Saturnyne fares better than poor Maddie... A very mistreated character. ..
    I hope they get to interact somewhat during this crossover. I’m sure Emma will have a few choice for their shared taste in clothing.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't know what books some are reading but...the only thing Emma and Saturnyne have in common is their deep appreciation for white clothing.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't know what books some are reading but...the only thing Emma and Saturnyne have in common is their deep appreciation for white clothing.
    And they are blonde. Even at her worst in her HFC days, I don't think Emma would be knowingly gambling the fates of entire worlds and millions or billions of lives like Saturnyne is now (sure, her actions helped Jean go Dark Phoenix, but if you told Emma there was a serious risk of Jean ending up killing billions and risk the fate of the universe, she wouldn't do it)

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I don't remember exactly which interview, I think it was one he did for dox promo.

edit I remeber now!! It was around the time Hickman was doing interviews post hoxpox and he either said it on twitter or in another interview but here (https://aiptcomics.com/2019/05/20/x-...-cool-cyclops/) he explains his love for Emma.
    Well, I followed all of Hickman's interviews at that time pretty closely and I don't remember him ever saying he preferred Emma as a villain.
    And given what happened in comics just shortly before that I am pretty sure I would not have forgotten!
    I could of course have missed a deleted tweet of his or some obscure podcast.

He did also say in the interview you linked to that his Emma Frost appreciation started in Generation X, after her villain days were over.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Well, I followed all of Hickman's interviews at that time pretty closely and I don't remember him ever saying he preferred Emma as a villain.
    And given what happened in comics just shortly before that I am pretty sure I would not have forgotten!
    I could of course have missed a deleted tweet of his or some obscure podcast.

He did also say in the interview you linked to that his Emma Frost appreciation started in Generation X, after her villain days were over.
    Yeah Jordan D White has gone on record a few times saying HE prefers Emma as a villain. Maybe that's the disconnect people are having in their memory.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    And they are blonde. Even at her worst in her HFC days, I don't think Emma would be knowingly gambling the fates of entire worlds and millions or billions of lives like Saturnyne is now (sure, her actions helped Jean go Dark Phoenix, but if you told Emma there was a serious risk of Jean ending up killing billions and risk the fate of the universe, she wouldn't do it)
    Exactatiously.

(I didn't mention their both being blonde because Emma isn't a natural blonde. LOL )
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah Jordan D White has gone on record a few times saying HE prefers Emma as a villain. Maybe that's the disconnect people are having in their memory.
    Yeah, seems to be the case, and it's pretty clear from the stories made before Hickman what's his preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Saturnyne is much worse than Emma when it comes to villainous behavior. She just casually destroys realities.

I have read X of Swords - Stasis Saturnyne is sooooo Emma! I am actually starting to like her. It is so clear that Hickman has Emma in his mind when he writes Saturnyne.. "And tell Mr Mercator he would do well to hurry up and get his province ready for company. The longer he takes to invite me the more more friends I bring with me when I visit"... sooooo Emma. Loved it.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Incredible Member

i am loving DoX Emma
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I have read X of Swords - Stasis Saturnyne is sooooo Emma! I am actually starting to like her. It is so clear that Hickman has Emma in his mind when he writes Saturnyne.. "And tell Mr Mercator he would do well to hurry up and get his province ready for company. The longer he takes to invite me the more more friends I bring with me when I visit"... sooooo Emma. Loved it.
    I think hickman just thinks of saturnyne because he is very familiar with her history, she's always been like that, even before emma got to be featured on a regular basis and joined the x- men Saturnyne was already well characterized and defined.
    Last edited by Daedra; 10-31-2020 at 11:47 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member

I am loving Emma in DoxX
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the way Dauterman draws Emma ? I mean, she's undeniably beautiful and has unique features, but I feel like she always has the same facial expression, which bothers me a bit
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 11-10-2020 at 07:08 AM.