Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    That was an awful story. And even worse when you look at who wrote it.
    I've never saw this before. What awful story was this and now I'm curious about who wrote it.

I didn't want to say too much and I noticed it was an unpopular view on twitter but my problem with Emma using her chest to distract the men in the recent Marauders issue was because I can't help but be uncomfortable with straight men writing these scenes. It wasn't a critique on Emma the character but more on the fantasy aspect of the straight writers who come up with this stuff. Just my personal opinion.

I still love Emma in Marauders and like that she gets so much attention and uses her powers in smart ways (as opposed to psychic blasts and the like).

I'm not against "hornyness" but it should be balanced, Bishop or Bobby should be the next to do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I'm not against "hornyness" but it should be balanced, Bishop or Bobby should be the next to do something like that.
    No as that would be out of character of them. That seems more on brand for some like Daken

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No as that would be out of character of them. That seems more on brand for some like Daken
    ...and then you have to further ask: How does portraying the character in that "horny" light, serve the character and more importantly, serve the story?

That's why I had absolutely no issue with Emma unbuttoning her coat in Marauders 10. In that moment her actions served her character while simultaneously serving the story.
    (It is easier to manipulate others when they are distracted by...more often than not...sex. Money and food are also great distractions)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I'm not saying they do it on purpose, I'm just saying a little eyecandy for the reader. Personally, I'm not attracted to men, but I'm sure there are people who want to see Bishop in scant clothes.

Emma has been portrayed as not having pronlems with nudity before. And she gets creative and as someone posted earlier, extra, when she's on the field. The moment was very Emma to me. And what's funny is that if she could see people having reactions to it online, positive or negative, she would see it as a win anyway.

And in fairness, Bobby was wearing flip flops and underwear at the beginning of the book, so I say that is not just a female character thing and more that Duggan just has a certain thing with catching characters in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    She's unfortunately had many "awful" stories and some sub par writers like any other A-list X-man.
    I can count 4 I really dislike but that story is particularly bad. Its in the bottom two. And that writer has a history of garbage like that. And well known for misogyny.

I think I'd place it as the absolute worst.

As for the unbuttoning of her top, I found it funny, it didn't really serve much of a purpose as its not something that Frost hasn't done without it. But it was funny I'll give him that.

Its very different to that A+X story which was pure garbage
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-02-2020 at 05:29 PM.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-emma-frost-unthinkable/

Was it so horrible of Emma to mind condition the Russian bigots?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

The only unthinkable action on that issue was that Emma needed Esme, Mindee, Celeste and Phoebe to do the brainwashing, something she could have done alone.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Unthinkable? CBR is so damn dramatic. Jean pretty much did something similar to Cassandra Nova and Psylocke did to Mystique to a lesser extent
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-05-2020 at 05:09 PM.

CBR articles were always bad but they really took a nosedive because of the lack of content to talk about during the quarentine.

i dont see it as a necessity.

I see Emma teaching the cuckoos in field.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    The only unthinkable action on that issue was that Emma needed Esme, Mindee, Celeste and Phoebe to do the brainwashing, something she could have done alone.
    I think she was more likely lecturing/training them in how to do it... :-)
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

BANNED

Or, she was bragging about how she bested Butter Rum and Astrid Bloom
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-06-2020 at 10:40 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Just because a character can "do it alone"...technically, every character can "do it alone"...does not mean that they can't/shouldn't ask for/require help.
    In a team book, two characters sharing the effort does not demean either.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!