Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

well Madelyne is a dupe and there she is... and awful as he may be (so is Sinister for instance) he would be a relevant asset for Krakoa and I am quite sure Cerebro has him backed up and Sinister has his DNA
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    well Madelyne is a dupe and there she is... and awful as he may be (so is Sinister for instance) he would be a relevant asset for Krakoa and I am quite sure Cerebro has him backed up and Sinister has his DNA
    Madelyne wasnt dead. She was last seen alive in X-men v4. Dark Beast was killed in the last volume of Uncanny X-men. That era went out of its way to get rid of most of the dupes that were out there but Maddie was a dangling thread that was not addressed. If Maddie is killed now, she is unlikely to be brought back. The fact that she was already alive prior to HoX was the loophole for her return

Would Dark Bast be an asset? Maybe if their resources were limited but they have every major X-scientist on Krakoa. There is nothing he can add that they dont already have access to.
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-16-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Well in any case I wish they bring him back. He is nasty and clever so he is an interesting relationship with Emma. I am bored of Emma and Shaw. I rather Emma and Selene or Emma and Dark Beast...

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Well in any case I wish they bring him back. He is nasty and clever so he is an interesting relationship with Emma. I am bored of Emma and Shaw. I rather Emma and Selene or Emma and Dark Beast...
    IA on Selene. They had a good rivalry that Id like to see explored. Its why I really want to see Selene manage to fanagle her way into getting Kitty's vacant seat on the QC bc of the drama that would ensue for her and Emma. That would be fun!

I don't normally come into this topic because I really don't like Emma, but a friend showed me a page from the recent History of the Marvel Universe series. That series ends with hints of various future events and major stories in Marvel.

The list goes: The Age of Konshu, Empyre, Outlawed Generation, The King in Black, The wedding of Tony Stark and Emma Frost, The tragic fate of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones second child, the defenders of tomorrow, threadneedle, warbird, and the return of Mephisto.

And those are directly how he lists them. Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of that. Because, uh, it kind of gives me a headache. If its already come up, sorry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Madelyne wasnt dead. She was last seen alive in X-men v4. Dark Beast was killed in the last volume of Uncanny X-men. That era went out of its way to get rid of most of the dupes that were out there but Maddie was a dangling thread that was not addressed. If Maddie is killed now, she is unlikely to be brought back. The fact that she was already alive prior to HoX was the loophole for her return
    It's not like being dead years in the past has stopped the Five before, they got Shinobi without much of a problem. It all relies on whether they want you back and priorities in when to bring you back, like all the name characters get to the front of the line whenever they die. If they can get psychopaths like Sabretooth, Selene and Apocalypse to accept Madelyn should be an option to reach out too.

Would Dark Bast be an asset? Maybe if their resources were limited but they have every major X-scientist on Krakoa. There is nothing he can add that they dont already have access to.
    I don't see why not, Dark Beast might even become their fail safe when Sinister turns. He'd love what's going with Beast in X-Force and Krakoa in general.

Amazing Member

QUESTION

Has Emma been seen wearing this uniform in the new Dawn of X era we are in now?

I suspect they did away with it cause Marvel thought it wasn’t very commercial or maybe cause an actress would feel insecure having to wear it.

0A8C433F-7E36-460F-A0C2-6429395AF1BB.jpg0A8C433F-7E36-460F-A0C2-6429395AF1BB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I don't normally come into this topic because I really don't like Emma, but a friend showed me a page from the recent History of the Marvel Universe series. That series ends with hints of various future events and major stories in Marvel.

The list goes: The Age of Konshu, Empyre, Outlawed Generation, The King in Black, The wedding of Tony Stark and Emma Frost, The tragic fate of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones second child, the defenders of tomorrow, threadneedle, warbird, and the return of Mephisto.

And those are directly how he lists them. Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of that. Because, uh, it kind of gives me a headache. If its already come up, sorry.
    We are. It has come up. But there's not much to say until we see some hint of it on panel. I don't think anyone sees it as a good idea from a romantic point of view. It could be interesting if it's a marriege of convinience, but I suspect it's just one of those potential future things that's thrown out there but likely won't be followed up any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Owl View Post
    QUESTION

Has Emma been seen wearing this uniform in the new Dawn of X era we are in now?

I suspect they did away with it cause Marvel thought it wasn’t very commercial or maybe cause an actress would feel insecure having to wear it.

0A8C433F-7E36-460F-A0C2-6429395AF1BB.jpg0A8C433F-7E36-460F-A0C2-6429395AF1BB.jpg
    she wore that dang thing (and variations of it) for nearly a decade. It is arguably her most known look. the Astonishing version of it was used in her appearance in X-Men #3. The corset version hasn't been used since before AvX I think. Though I may be wrong.

BANNED

I have a very unusual question:

Is it me or the WAY Byrne first depicted her in the Dark Phoenix Saga suggested that she was not supposed to be handsome or even pretty?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post

Is it me or the WAY Byrne first depicted her in the Dark Phoenix Saga suggested that she was not supposed to be handsome or even pretty?
    There were some hints that she was making herself look older so she would have more respect within the Hellfire Club organization! Also, Emma never hid the fact that she had plastic surgery to fix her nose and get bigger boobs, I think it was mentioned that Shaw pressured/encouraged her to get work done so she would be more attractive and irresistible to his enemies!

They doubled down on her being younger in her back story with Namor because she let him see her true self and she was about to leave the Hellfire Club and join Namor permanently but Shaw had Selene reprogram Emma to forget Namor and be loyal to Shaw again!

This was before Dark Phoenix, I think the hint here is that after what Selene did Emma became much darker than she was before, in her earlier involvement in the club she was more interested in building her school and establishing her own team of mutants!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think you mean Tessa (Sage)
    Selene joined the Hellfire Club long after the DPS.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    There were some hints that she was making herself look older so she would have more respect within the Hellfire Club organization! Also, Emma never hid the fact that she had plastic surgery to fix her nose and get bigger boobs, I think it was mentioned that Shaw pressured/encouraged her to get work done so she would be more attractive and irresistible to his enemies!

They doubled down on her being younger in her back story with Namor because she let him see her true self and she was about to leave the Hellfire Club and join Namor permanently but Shaw had Selene reprogram Emma to forget Namor and be loyal to Shaw again!

This was before Dark Phoenix, I think the hint here is that after what Selene did Emma became much darker than she was before, in her earlier involvement in the club she was more interested in building her school and establishing her own team of mutants!
    That story is absolute nonsense. Selene is not as good a telepath as Emma for starters and also Selene did not join the HFC till much later of the Dark Phoenix Saga. When I read it I remember thinking that AGAIN Editorial did a botched job reg continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's not like being dead years in the past has stopped the Five before, they got Shinobi without much of a problem. It all relies on whether they want you back and priorities in when to bring you back, like all the name characters get to the front of the line whenever they die. If they can get psychopaths like Sabretooth, Selene and Apocalypse to accept Madelyn should be an option to reach out too.

Huh? Shinobi died last year. I dont get the point of your post as a response to mine

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post

She was meant to look like Diana Rigg. There was never that indication especially if you go by the interview in X-Men Companion

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

What hints? Give examples.

Also what do you mean by showed her true self to Namor. Which part of that story are you referring to?