Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I thought Cordelia was similar to Sage with a form of technopathy that allows her to process information super fast and anticipate her opponents!
    Thats definitely not it

At the very least we know she is a mutant as she's immune to Emma's powers which she wouldnt be if she were simply human

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-x-factor-e...ntally-busted/

I really liked Emma in X Factor. Very in character and the voice of reason...duels are barbaric indeed.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and why not? This is the time when they should start putting a cast togetehr
    Shouldn't they be trying to come up with a half-way decent plot first?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post

I really liked Emma in X Factor. Very in character and the voice of reason...duels are barbaric indeed.
    Agreed while her Outburst was a little bit overly emotional for me it makes sense considering how she feels when it comes to the younger generation, and having one of them suffer the true death after Magneto and Xavier explicitly said that "this time things will be different" probably triggered her PTSD.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post

While duels are barbaric - it's a better alternative to all out war - which seems to be the alternative - an invasion. So a DBZ style 10 vs 10 tournament is a more palatable choice. A lot of people seem to forget that part.

IF the resurrection protocols are true (and the resurrected one is a clone with memories and not the same soul keeping on living.. a point that the article brings) then I think I (and Emma) would rather a war in the 616 reality where one can be resurrected (even if dozens fall to war) than a barbaric duel where a mutant, a young mutant, can face true death... besides.. think of who is going and risking their lifes... what if Doug falls? wouldnt that loss be more traumatic for the Krakoa project in the mid-long term than dozens of mutants that can be resurrected? Emma is right protecting the young.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    While duels are barbaric - it's a better alternative to all out war - which seems to be the alternative - an invasion. So a DBZ style 10 vs 10 tournament is a more palatable choice. A lot of people seem to forget that part.
    I'm surprised she does not 'mind-puppet' Shaw into volunteering for the tournament or even go as entourage there ,so that she's rid of him. She'll probably think of a way to dump him there eventually. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed though to presume all out war is better than a 10 man tournament.I'd rather she sometimes mentally speak with Xavier before uttering absurdities
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-04-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Shaw is not in the prophecy.... he wouldn´t have volunteered if he were... We know that Emma and Kate will make him meet his fate in Marauders after X of Swords anyway

imagenes para poner fotos gratis

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm surprised she does not 'mind-puppet' Shaw into volunteering for the tournament or even go as entourage there ,so that she's rid of him. She'll probably think of a way to dump him there eventually. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed though to presume all out war is better than a 10 man tournament.I'd rather she sometimes mentally speak with Xavier before uttering absurdities
    First of all, there's the prophecy thing. Second, Shaw probably has defenses for that. Third, Emma could never pull it off with Xavier, Jean and Exodus around.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    First of all, there's the prophecy thing. Second, Shaw probably has defenses for that. Third, Emma could never pull it off with Xavier, Jean and Exodus around.
    I wish they properly wrote Shaw as a compelling villain instead of a petty fool. It would have made for a better interaction with Emma. The ideas are there just not properly executed. I can see him be the little finger character fir Krakoa. Not the most powerful but the most likely to create mess and let others do his dirty work.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'd rather that she is thought a fool by 3 people than by 12, I'm not in her corner on her idea, but damn is she daft to suggest that they forego the more minimal casualty option.Plus what that says to all Krakoa is she has no faith in the Krakoans putting their lives on the line to even win.You just can't do that, a council member with no faith in her own defense personnel? I'd expect something like that from Sinister or Mystique but not Emma who always talks to others as if they are imbeciles.
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-04-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I wish they properly wrote Shaw as a compelling villain instead of a petty fool. It would have made for a better interaction with Emma. The ideas are there just not properly executed. I can see him be the little finger character fir Krakoa. Not the most powerful but the most likely to create mess and let others do his dirty work.
    The problem is Duggan's writing for the start is simply "GRRRL POWER! YAY!" rather than anything well thought or dense. Shaw is the evil straight WASP male that has to be brought down by FEMINISM! as well as a team that has no straight white males (except maybe Pyro, who's irrelevant anyway) showing him who's boss.

Im tired of Shaw as Marauders villain to be honest....I hope they bring Selene onboard as a really scary one

Actually her intial plan before any of this was not to use the External gate.

Secondly an all an invasion that does not not involve dying on Otherworld and where you have control over the arena and resurrection is probably ideal over an arena where Saturnyne could do whatever she wanted.

Additionally, to exercise caution in sending younger less experienced mutants to their death. Unus for all purposes is as dead as Rockslide.

If we didn't have the foresight of a serialised comic book its a fairly risky gambit.

I'd rather that she is thought a fool by 3 people than by 12, I'm not in her corner on her idea, but damn is she daft to suggest that they forego the more minimal casualty option.Plus what that says to all Krakoa is she has no faith in the Krakoans putting their lives on the line to even win.You just can't do that, a council member with no faith in her own defense personnel? I'd expect something like that from Sinister or Mystique but not Emma who always talks to others as if they are imbeciles.
    I have no faith in those sword wielders either. Maybe just Magik. Storm will probably die.