Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Sorry, this one from Generation X #2

Attachment 102842
    *Mariah Carey voice*
    That was a classic, that was classic

Emma of 2052 and Magik had a touching moment in Captain Marvel today

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Here's the real question who's Emma Frost's favorite student?
    Pryde. its always Pryde

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma of 2052 and Magik had a touching moment in Captain Marvel today

Emma had a great showing yesterday and I enjoyed her Marauders appearance (especially with Ororo and Lockheed joining in on the revenge. Great touch) but her Captain Marvel AR character has been a hit so far. Kelly Thompson really does a great and entertaining Emma. Very nice moment with her and Magik. Loved their contrast dynamic in the early Bendis era.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

My White Queen was absolute perfection in Marauders 16.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Emma had a great showing yesterday and I enjoyed her Marauders appearance (especially with Ororo and Lockheed joining in on the revenge. Great touch) but her Captain Marvel AR character has been a hit so far. Kelly Thompson really does a great and entertaining Emma. Very nice moment with her and Magik. Loved their contrast dynamic in the early Bendis era.
    I loved their relationship in Bendis run and wish there was more. Its a bit cringeworthy how antagonisic Rosenberg had them, well Illyana to her

I loved their relationship in Bendis run and wish there was more. Its a bit cringeworthy how antagonisic Rosenberg had them, well Illyana to her
    I think it's understandable giving the context at the time, with marvel deciding that Emma would be evil post IvX(I don't like that, but its what happened). I think Illyana will always draw a line when she's at an impasse with someone(i also remember Illyana being very upset at Cyclops in Extraordinary X-men)

Although I DO PREFER them being friendly, and Magik respecting Emma and viceversa, because I also loved the relationship as Bendis protrayed it.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarmagik View Post
    I think it's understandable giving the context at the time, with marvel deciding that Emma would be evil post IvX(I don't like that, but its what happened). I think Illyana will always draw a line when she's at an impasse with someone(i also remember Illyana being very upset at Cyclops in Extraordinary X-men)

Although I DO PREFER them being friendly, and Magik respecting Emma and viceversa, because I also loved the relationship as Bendis protrayed it.
    When written well, Em and Yana were pure comedic gold. Bendis era was mediocre (wasn’t bad, just forgettable and nothing memorable) but his Illyana really sold UXM at the time.

A69E02F5-BECC-4E0A-8973-BE2964CC976B.jpg
    F033A344-C2D6-4EC4-90E3-354D012CCE58.jpg
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

So many great Emma moments this week

Emma Frost has been around for 40 years and has been a part of X-teams for 26 years. More than half of her editorial history is being an X-woman.

And yet there are still people insisting that it shouldn't be there. I don't understand certain people.

Only in the Morrison run did she actually become an X-Man, she was with Sean and the kids in Boston beforehand. GenX Emma was still shifting back and forth, morally, and ended the series distrusted by the kids and Sean, fleeing the country, evading murder charges. Xavier had to whisk her off to Genosha. So really you can only count 2001-2017(IvX).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Only in the Morrison run did she actually become an X-Man, she was with Sean and the kids in Boston beforehand. GenX Emma was still shifting back and forth, morally, and ended the series distrusted by the kids and Sean, fleeing the country, evading murder charges. Xavier had to whisk her off to Genosha. So really you can only count 2001-2017(IvX).
    Adrienne tried to kill off the school, so Emma killed her.

That’s not morally questionable. Especially since the Hellions got killed.

At least Emma got her murdered students back. Obviously Xavier too but he was the architect.

I think he is referring to the police officer that Emma "killed" or mind wiped at the end of Gen X. I know on the forum there wasn't a concensus on whether she killed that man or not, hence my quotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I think he is referring to the police officer that Emma "killed" or mind wiped at the end of Gen X. I know on the forum there wasn't a concensus on whether she killed that man or not, hence my quotations.
    The whole thing at the end was Emma trying to protect everyone from everything Adrienne had done! Charles obviously knew that, he had Emma come to Genosha to be a school teacher for mutants! Note that Emma chose to spend the time between Generation X and New X-Men working as a school teacher in Genosha and probably running the Frost International Shipping company! She wasn't involved with the Hellfire Club during this period!

I remember in X-Treme X-Men when Emma helped Storm locate the Hellfire teleportal network to try and find Sage/Tessa, Emma wasn't sure if her ID would still work or not to open it up! Emma didn't even know that Sage was using the X-Treme X-Men and Emma to take down the corrupt parts of the Hellfire Club that were still loyal to Sebastian Shaw, because Sage wanted to reform the Hellfire Club under Roberto da Costa! So even after all that, Emma still didn't go back to the Hellfire Club and was loyal to the X-Men!

Even when she took over the Hellfire Club in X-Men Black Emma Frost which was years later, she tried to legitimize their operations to use the wealth of the club for mutant advocacy! That's why when Xavier approached her in House of X, it's not even "The Hellfire Club" it was the "Hellfire Corporation" and it specialized in international shipping and trade! They obviously build ships too because the ships that Kate, Christian, and Shinobi are using were all built by the Hellfire Corporation!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Emma Frost has been around for 40 years and has been a part of X-teams for 26 years. More than half of her editorial history is being an X-woman.

And yet there are still people insisting that it shouldn't be there. I don't understand certain people.
    I don't know if it's just people trying to be contrarian or just grasping at straws to find justifiable reasons to their dislike of Emma. Like it's okay to simply not like a character