Page 11 of 145 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    What are you guy's thoughts about this? Does this mean that John Stewart will probably be one of the two Green Lanterns on Earth?
    I mean, it could be any of them. None of them really have that big a public profile. But I'd say John has better odds than the others.

Though DC has been pushing Cruz lately, too.....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Here's a small update about the new Green Lantern HBO Max series from SYFY WIRE

What are you guy's thoughts about this? Does this mean that John Stewart will probably be one of the two Green Lanterns on Earth?
    Whose to say it would be Hal let alone John as the two?
    You do have Jessica and Jo now running around. It could EASILY be those two.

will span several decades
    This right here......

To me it says John and Hal can do guest spots or cameos.

BANNED

Could be Guy and Kyle or Baz and Jess or John and Guy and a lot of other combos...

I'm hoping it's Hal and John as they were partners in 2005/06 with Hal in the new GL Book and John in Kelly’s Justice League to match the JLU Cartoon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    I'm hoping it's Hal and John as they were partners in 2005/06 with Hal in the new GL Book and John in Kelly’s Justice League to match the JLU Cartoon
    Seems like the likely combination given those two are the most rumored for film, not unlike how Barry is DC's go to now. It could be a different pairing though.

if they were smart, they'd go with Simon and Jessica, they're the best duo act and they're dynamic is less cliche than the standard "buddy cop" archetype. plus, with them as the POV you can use the others 4 earth lanterns (because let's be honest Jo and Teen Lantern aren't poppin out anytime soon) as equal elder statesmen and treat them each with the gravitas they deserve.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

He could be. It actually sounds to me like the Green Lantern Corps movie could have been turned into this show instead. Two Green Lanterns sounds kind of like the buddy cop dynamic the movie was supposed to have. I'm most interested in getting definitive word on if the movie is still going to happen regardless of this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    He could be. It actually sounds to me like the Green Lantern Corps movie could have been turned into this show instead. Two Green Lanterns sounds kind of like the buddy cop dynamic the movie was supposed to have. I'm most interested in getting definitive word on if the movie is still going to happen regardless of this show.
    Yeah, most of the main GLC rumors involved John and Hal as co-leads, so if the movie got folded for the TV show, it makes sense they would go with the original premise.

And, if it's supposed to be a decade-spanning series, Hal and John have the most material to mine from for that.

I also think it's telling that they confirm Sinestro so quickly.

Seems like WB has recently started loosening up on the restrictions they used to put on their TV properties. There was a time not too long ago they didn't want two Supermen running around out of fear that it would somehow confuse people. So it's certainly possible that John Stewart will be one of the two featured Lanterns on the show. What makes me doubt it is the mention of the focus on origin stories. The GLC movie was already supposed to be partially focused on John's origin story as a rookie GL, so why have both the TV show and the movie focus on that. Even though Barry is both the Arrowverse and the DCEU Flash, the Justice League movie barely even mentioned his origin story and he was already The Flash by that time. If not for the mention of Sinestro and the stories taking span over decades, I would've easily dismissed either Hal or John being the featured GLs in the show. At least we now have a confirmation that the focus won't just be on one human GL.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-16-2020 at 05:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Great to see the green irises-- And I love the seams.
    I was thinking the same thing.

BANNED

I'm guessing it's going to be Hal and John and the movie is axed. But Geoff Johns and Greg Berlanti? Wow, that is a double whammy right there. I don't know if John Stewart or any black man can survive an onslaught like that. All you would need to do is as David Goyer and it would be an inevitable flawless fatality.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 01-16-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Can DC just throw a truck full of money at Dan Mora and sign him to an exclusive deal already???
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sodam yat View Post
    ssskkwaaadd
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 01-17-2020 at 12:49 PM.

BANNED

Bernard Chang and Marcelo Maiolo are a really great art team.