Page 47 of 145 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    This was also a fun relationship since it gave us another side to John:

Even if they're impermanent, it's great how John's romances show us his character.

That's why I love his relationship with Katma. His character became so good and their dynamic was enjoyable to read.

That's a very good scene between Vixen and Shayera.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

Now there two or three type of folks when comes to comics and torch certain issues.
    1-Those who want more (real strongly want)real world issues in superheroes mainstream comics like racism,police brutality,classism,sexism,global warming etc...

2-Those who want touch upon these types of issues but not heavy but once in awhile.

3- Those who don't want any of these issues in comics and just straight up superheroes action.

I think folks who a more into 2 and 3 would not be x-men fans or x-men fans that much when i think about it or not be hanging around that marvel forum or hanging around that in that forum that much.

Note-keep in mind the dc and marvel universes are alternate universes and not our universe and not real world.
    You would be shocked to know that some of them are.

They don't mind when it's certain demographics doing it.

When it's NOT-they forget about books like X-Men or Superman vs Klan or Ollie/Hal's adventures. All they see is a POC doing something that they don't like.

Want an example?

Green Lantern/Huckleberry Hound one shot. We saw HUCK not JOHN deal with racism.

How many complaints did you see or hear? NONE.

Ms Marvel #13 had Ms Marvel talk about how to vote for the election. She did NOT endorse nor mention Trump or Clinton. It was straight up information on mail in, felon voting and so on. That book was attacked with youtube videos of folks burning, stabbing, urinating on and more.

Champions #25 dealt with gun violence at Miles's school. ZERO mention of the NRA or comments on gun control. Folks were screaming the book was an attack on the NRA, white men, 2nd amendment and Marvel was going to pay for it.

Batman Seduction of the Gun. Bet those same folks won't have an issue with that. And it's WAY political and stereotypical towards blacks and made Tim drake look BAD.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Always nice to see political comics that emphasize more on productive hope towards a better future.

Also, Treasure Comics #7 (June, 1946).

Last edited by Electricmastro; 06-14-2020 at 01:48 PM.

CBR made a good article about John Stewart's leadership in the Justice League here

I agree with the points that the article has made.

From Todd Nauck's charity sketches.

BANNED

Interesting that the message was written in 1946.

A better future starts with work today.

People are done waiting their turn.

Secondary status is still an issue in comics. (Second place is just first loser.)

Comics, like other mediums, needs a coordinated effort--calculated for success--that humanizes and promotes POC to the same status as their white counterparts.

Constantly being treated and seen as the other in media shapes are everyday perceptions and has real world consequences. It perpetuates the idea that some people are worth more than others--that some people are more worth catering to than others.

If you're not on board, you're part of the problem.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 06-14-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You would be shocked to know that some of them are.

They don't mind when it's certain demographics doing it.

When it's NOT-they forget about books like X-Men or Superman vs Klan or Ollie/Hal's adventures. All they see is a POC doing something that they don't like.

Want an example?

Green Lantern/Huckleberry Hound one shot. We saw HUCK not JOHN deal with racism.

How many complaints did you see or hear? NONE.

Ms Marvel #13 had Ms Marvel talk about how to vote for the election. She did NOT endorse nor mention Trump or Clinton. It was straight up information on mail in, felon voting and so on. That book was attacked with youtube videos of folks burning, stabbing, urinating on and more.

Champions #25 dealt with gun violence at Miles's school. ZERO mention of the NRA or comments on gun control. Folks were screaming the book was an attack on the NRA, white men, 2nd amendment and Marvel was going to pay for it.

Batman Seduction of the Gun. Bet those same folks won't have an issue with that. And it's WAY political and stereotypical towards blacks and made Tim drake look BAD.
    I left some stuff out by a mistake when editing before.
    I put it back so check out the new edit below.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...70#post5009070

BANNED

By BossLogic:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Now there two or three type of folks when comes to comics and touch certain issues.
    1-Those who want more (real strongly want)real world issues in superheroes mainstream comics like racism,police brutality,classism,sexism,global warming etc...

2-Those who want touch upon these types of issues but not heavy but once in awhile.

3- Those who don't want any of these issues in comics and just straight up superheroes action.

I think folks who a more into 2 and 3 would not be x-men fans or x-men fans that much when i think about it or not be hanging around that marvel forum or hanging around that in that forum that much.

Note-keep in mind the dc and marvel universes are alternate universes and not our universe and not real world.
    I wouldn't necessarily say so. The X-Men often deal in allegories (at least the stuff I'm familiar with from X-Men), and people usually know what to expect and what they're getting into with X-Men, because prejudice and discrimination is part of the X-Men's very theme down to their DNA. There is a difference between that and someone's favorite superhero spouting political diatribe or dealing with 'on the nose' situations when people typically read that character for "superhero action".

Also, you never really know what draws a person as a fan. What I appreciate the most about the X-Men isn't any political message, but the second Japanese intro of the cartoon. The music plus directing and animation has a profound effect me. When Cyclops shoots that ultra blast near the end while yelling, and he causes a nuclear explosion, I just get all kinds of giddy! Best X-Men anything I've ever seen

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Also just great to see people with Subsharan features being pined after.

I still love Katma as John’s best love. She was great and DC could easily bring her back. If I was writing any book that had John in it, that would be the first thing I did.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I still love Katma as John’s best love. She was great and DC could easily bring her back. If I was writing any book that had John in it, that would be the first thing I did.
    her revival is indeed long overdue.

By BossLogic:

beautiful symbolism
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."